Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Need details of car transport firm UK to Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Justjens

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GavPJ

mattroche wrote: »
    NVD have taken quite a few cars for me from the U.K. but they informed me they do not do it any more. To-day I saw a transporter in Shannon with a load of U.K. Reg. cars. I spoke to the driver, who I think is also the owner. He quoted E 350 + VAT from middle U.K. and a additional E 100 from London, or Scotland. His name is Brendan Cribbin, the company is EIRTRANS Autologistics, and there are based in Meath. His No. is 086 603 4802. Vehicles MUST be Running. I hope this information may be of help.

Used Brendan a good few times. Pure professional service and delivers on time all of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 fpm

Sorry for yet another resurrection...but it's almost exactly the same query. My issue is that the car I'm looking to move back to Ireland is a non-runner, so can't be driven onto a transporter. This seems (understandably) to put companies off.

I know it's 3 years ago..but in post no.18, Rugbyman mentioned getting a non-runner moved. Any chance he might let us know the details of who he used to move it? Or anyone else have a suggestion? Car is in Swindon.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭case_sensitive

fpm wrote: »
    Sorry for yet another resurrection...but it's almost exactly the same query. My issue is that the car I'm looking to move back to Ireland is a non-runner, so can't be driven onto a transporter. This seems (understandably) to put companies off.

I know it's 3 years ago..but in post no.18, Rugbyman mentioned getting a non-runner moved. Any chance he might let us know the details of who he used to move it? Or anyone else have a suggestion? Car is in Swindon.

Try shiply.com, shippers bid on your business, from boxes of clothes to trucks. When I used it, I got the parts for a kit car shipped on a 4m pallet from Nottingham to Dublin for about €310. Make sure you're accurate about the length and weight of the car though, my guy gave out that I was out by 100-200kg and wanted more money after pickup. Other than that, I'd recommend the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 fpm

Thanks, I've put one up there now. I suspect the chances of finding someone going from Swindon to Louth will be very slim, but you never know!

• Advertisement

fpm wrote: »
    Thanks, I've put one up there now. I suspect the chances of finding someone going from Swindon to Louth will be very slim, but you never know!

You'd be surprised, the guy who picked up my pallet had a Triumph Stag, and a 1915 Packard Truck bare chassis amongst half a dozen things in his train-like transporter rig, truck was going to Cork via Waterford to complete his run.

Edit: actually, I took pictures, apologies if you tried to use that road that day...

9731172253_b46cf71fbb_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭johnty56

Try JD Transport. They are based in Derry I think or close to it. Sound guy and will take non runners too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 samuelm1525

Is this guy still around and have you a number? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭show me the money.1

I am looking for someone also to bring back a non runner bought off ebay.
    Any suggestion's welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Alan666

Looking for a courier to bring a car door from Hertfordshire UK to Wexford. Tried several online but they seem to stop at a certain size.
    Aprox size 130 x 130 cm x 50cm thick. 30kg.
    Any help appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Also looking for someone to bring a car from Stafford U.K. to deliver to limerick , car is running

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

Anyone tried www.anyvan.ie
    https://www.anyvan.ie/send-goods?track=yes&text=getfree

I heard recently from a lad of a quote from NVD to bring a running Jag from UK to IRE (depot in Baldonnel) for €250 and to house for €350.

I've no affiliation with above and have never used them myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 faaezkhan01

hi
    can you pm his number
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 38 w0bbles

Hi

I know its an old thread but as its still open I thought id try my luck ;)

Anybody any info on getting a car collected M25 area South Mims, to anywhere in Dublin.

I have a quote of €300 + Vat.

I also checked flight to London €9.99 :) Train to Dealer £14.50 & Ferry back to Ireland €90 (aprox) via Liverpool plus a tank of fuel €65
    Total = €170

I'm looking for something in between as I don't fancy the trek !!!

Thanks in advance

Put an ad up on Shiply.com; I moved a kit car from Nottingham to Dublin there a few years back. I used NVD.ie to move a Focus from Liverpool to my mechanic's, 3 years ago, but they aren't doing that anymore apparently.
    edit: Maybe they do, but not cheaper http://www.nvd.ie/services-2/transport-uk-to-ireland/

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭mattroche

I have used N.V.D. many times, and they are very good. They did stop the U.K.- Ireland route some time ago, BUT they may be doing it again. I would consider E300 + VAT a fairly good price for now, bearing in mind the weather, & time of year. You save yourself a lot of hassle just having it delivered to your door. If it summertime, then it is a nice trip, but not now.

i

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

€300 plus VAT sounds very reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

w0bbles wrote: »
    Hi

I know its an old thread but as its still open I thought id try my luck ;)

Anybody any info on getting a car collected M25 area South Mims, to anywhere in Dublin.

I have a quote of €300 + Vat.

I also checked flight to London €9.99 :) Train to Dealer £14.50 & Ferry back to Ireland €90 (aprox) via Liverpool plus a tank of fuel €65
    Total = €170

I'm looking for something in between as I don't fancy the trek !!!

Thanks in advance[/quote

Your car must not be worth much

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭lifer_sean

Can anyone comment on going rate for delivery to west of Ireland please ? I'm paying 450 + VAT typically. I expect Dublin would be cheaper - one less truck journey.

Feel free to respond by PM if you don't want to reply on thread.

Thanks for all info !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

lifer_sean wrote: »
    Can anyone comment on going rate for delivery to west of Ireland please ? I'm paying 450 + VAT typically. I expect Dublin would be cheaper - one less truck journey.

Feel free to respond by PM if you don't want to reply on thread.

Thanks for all info !

PM sent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 BColly

mgn wrote: »
    PM sent.

Hi,

Can you pm contact details for transport U.K. to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Marrras

PM sent.

Hi there,

Can you please PM me the contact for transport to west of Ireland please?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 MarkyBoi30

I am struggling to get a decent quote on having a car brought over from Hemel Hempstead (North of London) to Dublin. Highest quote so far was £680 + VAT! Cheapest is €400 + VAT from NVD. Can anyone suggest anywhere else I can try?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

MarkyBoi30 wrote: »
    I am struggling to get a decent quote on having a car brought over from Hemel Hempstead (North of London) to Dublin. Highest quote so far was £680 + VAT! Cheapest is €400 + VAT from NVD. Can anyone suggest anywhere else I can try?

Around €500 to.€600 would be about right

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭supervento

MarkyBoi30 wrote: »

is the car driving & mot'd? you could try a trade plate driver and use the port services to load it on for you...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

You wont get any cheaper than €400+vat from London.A lot of transport company's don't want the hassle of going to London with traffic and distance to ferry.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭supervento

You wont get any cheaper than €400+vat from London.A lot of transport company's don't want the hassle of going to London with traffic and distance to ferry.

true when you consider the ferry cost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Should be 350. Ring/ text Val Mckenna 087 2996127

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cremcad

Hi Am brand new to boards.ie and am looking to get a car transported from Exeter in UK to Cork. Am seeing some very useful contacts but contact numbers are blanked out (probably coz im a new member).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Cremcad

Hi Just a quick update, I contacted NVD and they have quoted me €275+VAT delivered to ringaskiddy, that is an extremely good price!!!

Advertisement