Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Alecto

I love my new drugs, I mean I'm so grateful to have them and they are brilliant. But this constant tinnitus since I started them is driving me cracked. I used to have it come and go and now it's a permanent fixture it seems. Well, small complaint to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Alecto wrote: »
    I love my new drugs, I mean I'm so grateful to have them and they are brilliant. But this constant tinnitus since I started them is driving me cracked. I used to have it come and go and now it's a permanent fixture it seems. Well, small complaint to have.

Be careful....dont wreck your buzzz.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

People who think Aldi and Lidl are the same shop and send me to the wrong one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭4Ad

Alecto wrote: »

Hi, im not joking, but have you tried breathing out while pulling your earlobe downwards...
    Honest.
    Helps me, only slight buzzing though, not bad tinnitus)

(Fecking mistubishis in the 90's)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

On the phone to someone today and after saying bye they said 'enjoy your trip' (as I am away next week). I answered 'you too' :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Pulled a muscle in my upper back wrapping myself in a towel after my shower this morning! Wrapping myself in a towel!

Can barely lift my left arm and have tonnes of work to do, including dress the bed that my Dad's home help stripped the sheets off this morning (prior to the towel injury). Not sure how I'm going to do it.

I think it might be time to take up pilates or yoga. I'm obviously jelly on bone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

How the eff is it two weeks till Christmas Day?

I'm convinced I got zapped by one of those Men in Black memory erasers because I can swear it was summer just the other day.

Cannot wait for the festive financial strain. Woohoo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

My mother the hypocrite. She is so nice to my face but literally takes every opportunity to b*tch about me behind my back. If I am such a bad person, why is she nice to me? No matter what happens... I am the bad guy and to blame. The "well you must have done something" mentality. Even yesterday, someone actually reversed into me while I was parked, and when I told her about it she said, "are you sure you weren't beeping him or aggravating him beforehand to provoke him into doing it?".

TA if I call her on it, she will do the drama queen and accuse me of being a trouble maker. She can taker her f*cking low opinion of me and shove it where the sun doesn't shine. From now on I am solely focusing on the good things in my life - my other half, our little baby on the way, my wonderful job and even more wonderful friends.

TA toxic family.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Queuing in Tesco express that has one cashier and two self service tolls occupied, one lad in front of me.
    Guy comes in and grabs 4 cans of linden village and asks the guy in front if he can go ahead of us.
    Seemed the answer was yes so then he asks me.
    I point out I’ve only 2 items myself but he just goes ahead to the next free self service.
    Got stuck trying to figure out scanning 4 cans so had to wait for help, then when that was done he had a card problem that needed more help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Those "friends" who sit at home waiting for you to call them.

I met one in a shop recently and he said "I thought that I would have heard from you by now, about our Christmas meet up". The look on his face when I replied that I thought that I would leave it to you to do the organising this year.

He has never changed all his life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Bredabe

When businesses use the phrase printing when they mean photocopying!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Those "friends" who sit at home waiting for you to call them.

I met one in a shop recently and he said "I thought that I would have heard from you by now, about our Christmas meet up". The look on his face when I replied that I thought that I would leave it to you to do the organising this year.

He has never changed all his life.

I had a friend like that. Note past tense. I was always the one making the effort, organising things, doing the running etc. In short, being an eejit. Two years ago I bumped into her in a local shop and after talking to her decided I had just had enough and that from now on I was going to wait to see how long it took her to contact me.
    Well guess what, two years on and I'm still waiting. We have a mutual friend who bumped into her recently and she said to mutual friend "I haven't heard from Rhubarb in I don't know how long. I don't know what her problem is at all. She hasn't bothered to contact me for ages"

Because, y'know, clearly it's all MY fault. My phone number hasn't changed. I still live in the same house (about ten minutes away from her as it happens) but ya know, somehow it's all MY fault for not 'bothering' to make an effort :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,364 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

TA that this seems to be a new thing cropping up on Facebook threads, group chats and live feeds, 'Check who visited your profile app link' comments. Its cropping up very frequently and is becoming a tad annoying.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,198 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TA for radio presenters talking over songs before they end. Can you not just wait a few more seconds?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

People who change jobs frequently.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Queuing in Tesco express that has one cashier and two self service tolls occupied, one lad in front of me.
    Guy comes in and grabs 4 cans of linden village and asks the guy in front if he can go ahead of us.
    Seemed the answer was yes so then he asks me.
    I point out I’ve only 2 items myself but he just goes ahead to the next free self service.
    Got stuck trying to figure out scanning 4 cans so had to wait for help, then when that was done he had a card problem that needed more help.

Didn't you know ...the country is full of prix ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Last day in my job was last week and was told upon leaving I was due some holidays, no holiday money there today so have to chase them up about it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

The news and media in general. All the doom and gloom, bad news, apparently been the way to go, what might I ask is wrong with some good news.

Dan.

Driving to work this morning and there had been what looked like a bad crash at a junction. People in front of me were actually stopping to look as they turned left at the junction! Hello, you're going to cause another crash!

TA other drivers
    TA driving
    TA rubber neckers
    TA voyeurism

The news and media in general. All the doom and gloom, bad news, apparently been the way to go, what might I ask is wrong with some good news.

It doesn't sell. See my last post re voyeurism. There is something wrong with people - they actually feed on other people's suffering and misery. All this "tut tut did you hear about X?" and "yes shocking for the poor family, he died screaming blah blah" - voyeuristic gossip mongers, not a shred of empathy between them.

• Advertisement

People who change jobs frequently.

why does that annoy you? Surely its their business what they choose to work at??? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,354 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I was looking to get magnetic putty for my son.
    £3 each x2, but £12 p+p so I held off.
    Checked it again as I was thinking fcuk it he loves it.
    Go mad for xmas!
    Now £6 each !!!
    Fcuk professor whatever his name is :/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I shouldnt have went out this morning.Went for teh bus to go to Aldi,my wheel fell off my trolley.
    The bus i was getting on to town was due in 2 minutes,then went to 12 minutes.The other bus was stopped like it was broke down.

Ended up going the opposite direction on another bus.Fine.

Coming out of Aldi i seen the bus pulling away for going home.
    15 minutes later a bus flies past,saying out of service.

Waited for the next bus that never came.An hour later the other bus turned up.My feet are like blocks of ice.

I wouldnt mind i would have been home quicker walking.

Im home now with my fluffy socks and my dressing gown on me.Im going no where.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

The sound of dry hands rubbing together. Vom :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,339 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

SusieBlue wrote: »
    The sound of dry hands rubbing together. Vom :(:(

For me it's the sound of cracking fingers and knuckles. I used to sit next to a guy in work who would constantly do that and it would really get to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,130 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Vodafone customer service. What an absolute shower of incompetents. First off they argue with me about how much i am currently paying. I'm pretty sure i know how much that is as i pay it every month. and then when she actually looks at a bill and realises she is wrong proceeds to ask me if i wanted to sign up to a new 12 month contract at the rate i am already on. Get up to ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

Uneducated, inbred morons who abuse horses.

And the gob****es who let it happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Vodafone customer service. What an absolute shower of incompetents.

100%. I could write a book on my experiences with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,354 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

100%. I could write a book on my experiences with them.
    3 is not much better if at all.
    Maybe I'm just racist as I cant understand Indian accents

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,526 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

‘Christmas Shoes’ playing on Christmas FM.
    Make it stop!!

The tide is turning…

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement