Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Tableside with Lucozade. I'm desperate for something to wake me up. I've been burning the midnight oil and the candles at both ends and I'm mildly burned out. I'm still a very happy Kitten though.

It's a wonderful blue skies sunshiney day here today.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Tableside with Lucozade. I'm desperate for something to wake me up. I've been burning the midnight oil and the candles at both ends and I'm mildly burned out. I'm still a very happy Kitten though.

It's a wonderful blue skies sunshiney day here today.

Sounds to me like you could do with a cup of sephers coffee 😏😏.

😛

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

About to head to Limerick with mam. Was going in for the gym anyway but thought it’d be nice for us both to go and have a look around :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Here ya go

tea-and-toast-C96TEP.jpg

It's barrys tea as well which has healing properties 😛 unlike that other brand which I won't name 😜

I am sorry one and all but I have to declare my undying love for Seph for this tea and toast post. Thank you Seph. In the leaba but feeling cheered up by promises of tea and toast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Had a hospital appointment this morning, just a checkup. Got my blood results from my last appointment in December last year haha. We discussed how my vit d levels were 17, and how, given my numerous conditions and my need for steroids and the medication I’m on, it’s making me a prime candidate for osteoporosis. Given my blatant disregard for my own personal safety, that’s the last thing I need. She explains that Irish people esp in winter aren’t exposed to enough sunlight so it’s common. She asked me if I got sun in the summer months. I proudly told her no. “Do you wear high Spf?” She asked. “Yes, but I don’t go outside if it’s sunny and I went on my holidays in November”. Looks like it’s synthetic vit D for me, because If I end up with osteoporosis I’ll be demanding a loyalty card from a and e.

I’m in work. Sun free and feeling good

• Advertisement

Sounds to me like you could do with a cup of sephers coffee 😏😏.

😛

I could do with a few cups of your coffee please :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Had a hospital appointment this morning, just a checkup. Got my blood results from my last appointment in December last year haha. We discussed how my vit d levels were 17, and how, given my numerous conditions and my need for steroids and the medication I’m on, it’s making me a prime candidate for osteoporosis. Given my blatant disregard for my own personal safety, that’s the last thing I need. She explains that Irish people esp in winter aren’t exposed to enough sunlight so it’s common. She asked me if I got sun in the summer months. I proudly told her no. “Do you wear high Spf?†She asked. “Yes, but I don’t go outside if it’s sunny and I went on my holidays in Novemberâ€. Looks like it’s synthetic vit D for me, because If I end up with osteoporosis I’ll be demanding a loyalty card from a and e.

Magnesium supplements might be worth looking into if you're allowed take them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

smurfjed wrote: »
    Note to self, don’t shave with cheap razor just before putting on uniform with a white shirt.

Now wondering what would happen if turn up at airport security with
    ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.LGk79P5jF5TO9nj2lucOkQAAAA%26pid%3DApi&f=1

:P

...... We discussed how my vit d levels were 17, and how, given my numerous conditions and my need for steroids and the medication I’m on, it’s making me a prime candidate for osteoporosis. Given my blatant disregard for my own personal safety, that’s the last thing I need. She explains that Irish people esp in winter aren’t exposed to enough sunlight so it’s common. She asked me if I got sun in the summer months........

This is code.

What she really meant was that you should go live in The Canaries ( all year sun and booze that is sensibly;) priced )

:)

Ghosteen wrote: »
    Magnesium supplements might be worth looking into if you're allowed take them.

I was hospital-cide last Monday and that was suggested to me too:D

What I couldnt establish is the basis for taking same and thus the basis to discontinue ... ( i.e. when is enough enough ? )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

0lddog wrote:
    What I couldnt establish is the basis for taking same and thus the basis to discontinue ... ( i.e. when is enough enough ? )

Keep taking it.... especially when you're an old dog :D

Eleysian wrote: »
    I am sorry one and all but I have to declare my undying love for Seph for this tea and toast post. Thank you Seph. In the leaba but feeling cheered up by promises of tea and toast.

E, in your condition its necessary to be specific.

This is what you need
    5099810116341_3.JPGIts yer only man, even if it does taste like old hay

GBS ( Get Better Soon )

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Eleysian wrote: »
    have to declare my undying love for Seph .

LlOMfa.gif
    I could do with a few cups of your coffee please :)

5e885c7de64256c8a9785bb712234143.jpg

Aww merci beaucoup, Seph. :)

Trying to remember what day of the week we are on, and what my plans are for the next couple of days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Alecto

In a glass case of emotion.

I went and got my hair done even though I would have preferred to get my eyes gouged out. Treated myself to a bagel. Then went to Tesco and got chocolate, crisps, pizza, vodka and cider. Sweet, sweet food and alcohol. I will eat and drink every feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Alecto wrote: »

I went and got my hair done even though I would have preferred to get my eyes gouged out. Treated myself to a bagel. Then went to Tesco and got chocolate, crisps, pizza, vodka and cider. Sweet, sweet food and alcohol. I will eat and drink every feeling.

Best post of the day and I'm not joking!

I'm sampling different lager options to be consumed over the next few weeks. I'm doing it in a house that looks like its been broken into and robbed. Furniture has been rearranged. Pictures/ornaments have been packed away. There are gaping voids in the living room. hallway and landing. I'm not moving house. I'm preparing the place for the Christmas decorations.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,356 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Just noticed that there is a beautiful full moon out there, so what out for the crazies

Tried to take a photo of it to send to one of my daughters but my photos never come out right.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,179 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Glossop

Drowsing on the beanbag. Glass of Hungarian honeyed wine. Very rich and sweet. The tantalising smell of Mexican fajitas is curling around the door to the kitchen.

Alecto wrote: »

Do you feel a bit better for getting your hair done?
    I'm finding self-care and even being a little bit vain is really therapeutic.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

En route to the airport to collect my sister :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Horizontal on the couch with Xmas adverts on the telly in the background. Been a busy week so far, just chilling out.

Think I’m coming down with another cold... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Just noticed that there is a beautiful full moon out there, so what out for the crazies

Definitely reflects the mood in this house, grrrrr.

Currently ordering the two kids to eat their dinner. Two glasses of milk and my dinner have landed on the carpet in separate incidents!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,817 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Went out to move the car into the yard for the night , it's frozen already !
    It's in now and so am I feck that , stay warm folks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,220 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

About to go get my nails done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Poochie05

En route to the airport to collect my sister :D

Enjoy every minute with her SSS!

I am in Europe. Just scoffed a fairly healthy hotel dinner and a glass of wine because that’s what they do in Europe, right?

Smurf, there was a beautiful moon accompanying us across this evening, even though the sun was setting on the other side of the plane. Beautiful view from your 'office'!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

0lddog wrote: »
    Now wondering what would happen if turn up at airport security with
    ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.LGk79P5jF5TO9nj2lucOkQAAAA%26pid%3DApi&f=1

:P

Well considering that I have this behind my seat, what can they say? I also trusted with onboard guns. (Which scare the bejazus outta me)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Beasty wrote: »
    Glossop

Gesundheit

Deskside watching True Detective

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,179 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Holmfirth Picturedrome

Expecting Batty Nora to take the stage in another hour or so...

Just 5 mins off phone to pregnant best friend. She's been sent home still pregnant as the hospital had no incubators. We are all exasperated. Round 3 tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Tired Bumbóg after a busy day. Fireside with the feet up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement