Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

99 Euro - Xbox One S 1TB Digital + Forza Horizon 3, Minecraft and Sea of Thieves

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

I ordered earlier but got no confirmation email. The money is pending in my card. Anyone else get a confirmation email?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

Mine is shipped with UPS

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭markad1

I ordered the non digital one with Forza yesterday morning and shipped today via ups

Same for me with star wars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Ordered Forza edition yesterday midday tis still pending, few reports on Hotukdeals of orders being cancelled which is weird since they put it back in stock several times. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

ED E wrote: »
    The regularity of insertions has nothing to do with the purpose of an earth. Don't do this. The chassis of an xbox is aluminum and if goes live without an earth you could get a lovely wallop when you touch it.

In many plugs the earth pin is not connected, it's only there to open the covers for live and neutral contacts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

So I ordered this on Saturday morning .. to be honest it took ages I wasn’t even sure the order went through as the site wouldn’t work when I translated it into English ... I did get a pending email a few hours later. I couldn’t pay by Irish card for some reason so I paid by pay pal .. never got confirmation from pay pal that payment had be put through... any way got shipping confirmation tonight and a tracking number.
    Happy out another Christmas gift sorted for a decent price... thanks OP

Ordered Forza edition yesterday midday tis still pending, few reports on Hotukdeals of orders being cancelled which is weird since they put it back in stock several times. Fingers crossed.
    I think some HUKD buyers got orders cancelled because those wallies were messing around with fake addresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

My order is still showing as pending. This is pretty annoying as there are games on sale that I want to buy. I'd like to know if my order will be cancelled or not. Also, how the hell does Microsoft have such an awful purchasing experience?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭dubliniift

For a casual gamer which one makes sense One S at 169 with 2 controller or One X at 320 with 2 Controllers. Difference of 150.

I do like 4k. But play very rarely. Please help.

Can I return X Box X to Game Stop?? Not Opened Yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

dubliniift wrote: »
    For a casual gamer which one makes sense One S at 169 with 2 controller or One X at 320 with 2 Controllers. Difference of 150.

I do like 4k. But play very rarely. Please help.

Can I return X Box X to Game Stop?? Not Opened Yet.

Fuppin hell, this xbox quest is a saga for the ages. Spread over numerous threads.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Lol

One-s is fine if you want to save money. Slower and not as pretty but you wont know any better if you've never played either

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Sponsorgate

149 euro for same bundle in Argos. Still good value for a casual gamer ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Great value

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I guess it depends on how many games on disc you play, or intend to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Sponsorgate

Reserved in Argos. Have until tomorrow evening to decide

• Registered Users Posts: 6,301 ✭✭✭xtal191

149 euro for same bundle in Argos. Still good value for a casual gamer ??

Its cheaper on Amazon France

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭RedXIV

xtal191 wrote: »
    Its cheaper on Amazon France

Had a look at that, the amazon france deal works out at €130, but shipping and VAT costs added on to it brings it up to about €143 and then if you need to buy a figure 8 cable for it, you'd be close to the Argos price, but for the extra few quid, you could pick it up down the road and easily return it if necessary

• Registered Users Posts: 34,369 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

If you're spending 150 you might as well pay the extra 20 euro and go with the 170 euro deal on the Microsoft Germany site for the full disc S version. (free postage)

Comes with a game too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

Now the fun begins with UPS and delivery address:)

o1s1n wrote: »
    If you're spending 150 you might as well pay the extra 20 euro and go with the 170 euro deal on the Microsoft Germany site for the full disc S version. (free postage)

Comes with a game too.

Excellent suggestion.

You mean 2 Controller version or any version with games exist.

Amazon france had a bundle at 210 with 2 controller and 3 games. One S - with disc

I guess had, Fifa 19, Forza and another game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I was getting another as we wouldn't have to many conflicts on the one we currently have.
    But I realized we just have conflicts about the one with the disc drive then.
    Also we seem to break controllers fairly often. I know they can be fixed, but tbh I just don't get around to it, so just buy a replacement.
    Also then we have friends around and we need more controllers.

A controller is about €50 two of them is €100. So that leave the Xbox with disc costing you about €100. Seems better value.

beauf wrote: »
    I was getting another as we wouldn't have to many conflicts on the one we currently have.
    But I realized we just have conflicts about the one with the disc drive then.
    Also we seem to break controllers fairly often. I know they can be fixed, but tbh I just don't get around to it, so just buy a replacement.
    Also then we have friends around and we need more controllers.

A controller is about €50 two of them is €100. So that leave the Xbox with disc costing you about €100. Seems better value.
    What's the warranty situation if we order from MS Germany. Valid in Ireland? Grabbed with 2 controllers One S with disc. No games though.

How to get 1e 3 months membership. Also how to maximise the gain say by buying 12 months gold pass. Clueless.

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Alkers

Damn I missed this, subscribing if anyone spots it up again for similar, or isn't going to use theirs!

Alkers wrote: »
    Damn I missed this, subscribing if anyone spots it up again for similar, or isn't going to use theirs!

which one in particular?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Alkers

dubliniift wrote: »
    which one in particular?

Well the thread title one would be great!!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Quiksilver

Could an admin mark the thread as expired?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Zilog

My €170 One S with 2 controllers arrived this afternoon, thanks OP! One for Santa.
    Great value even as a 4k disk player.

Advertisement