Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Good mobile broadband router?

Options
  • 29-11-2020 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭

My Vodafone mobile broadband router went on the blink on Friday (no power/lights coming on). Im out of contract and know if I send it back they wont have a temporary router to give me (had this problem before) and I'll be left without internet for at least two weeks while they fix it.

Using the phone to hotspot at the moment and the 4G signal from Three is just as good as what I was getting from Vodafone. So was thinking of getting a broadband router with a SIM slot and getting another SIM from Three to use in it. Any good recommendations, are TP Link a good brand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Thread...
    https://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058110719&pp=30

ISP dedicated mobile broadband plan allowances are overpriced compared to phone plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Cheers Ten Pin will have a read of that. And yeah Im asking myself why Im paying Vodafone 45 a month for mobile broadband when I could buy a router for about a 100 and use a 9.99 a month sim from GoMo in it and get pretty much the same speed.

Advertisement