Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I mis-remembering this Star Wars toy?

• 30-08-2020 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi Folks

I’m hoping someone can help me with this. I grew up in the 80s and in Bray, Co Wicklow on Florence Road there was a shop we called “the pound shop”. Not sure if that was the real name or just what people referred to it as. It was one of those cheap shops that sold this and that. Cheap Christmas decorations, dishcloths and shampoos etc. But they also sold some toys. I’m 99% sure that they sold four packs of Stars Wars figures. By that I mean four Star Wars figures in a row on the same card. But each figure in its own plastic bubble.

As a hobby I’ve been collecting all the toys I had as a child so I’ve looked on a lot of auction sites and retro toy blogs but I’ve never seen any images of these four figure cards. So now I’m wondering if I’ve misremembered it or they might have been unofficial bootlegs. I still have some of the figures and they have LFL and the year printed on them.

Does anyone else remember these? :confused:

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭sas

dakan wrote: »
    Hi Folks

I’m hoping someone can help me with this. I grew up in the 80s and in Bray, Co Wicklow on Florence Road there was a shop we called “the pound shop”. Not sure if that was the real name or just what people referred to it as. It was one of those cheap shops that sold this and that. Cheap Christmas decorations, dishcloths and shampoos etc. But they also sold some toys. I’m 99% sure that they sold four packs of Stars Wars figures. By that I mean four Star Wars figures in a row on the same card. But each figure in its own plastic bubble.

As a hobby I’ve been collecting all the toys I had as a child so I’ve looked on a lot of auction sites and retro toy blogs but I’ve never seen any images of these four figure cards. So now I’m wondering if I’ve misremembered it or they might have been unofficial bootlegs. I still have some of the figures and they have LFL and the year printed on them.

Does anyone else remember these? :confused:

Thanks

That did sound familiar but I don't think it was star wars.
    I found action force and A team toys that came that way though.

https://images.app.goo.gl/Tp3KqUccTtEgNb2GA

https://images.app.goo.gl/XfDyziwUDpntn5eD8

Open to correction of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭George White

Could they have been bootlegs?
    Was this he shop that later became the Knick Knack Shop, now that weird Chinese toy shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 davekim

If you serach on Google I think you will get it soon

• Registered Users Posts: 34,352 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Was this he shop that later became the Knick Knack Shop, now that weird Chinese toy shop?

Yeah The Pound Shop was at the bottom of Main Street, where it meets The Herbert Road - I loved that spot as a kid!

Knick Knack Shop was always a bit more expensive. Did get some cool water pistols in there at one point.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭dakan

Yes, I think it was also known as the Knick Knack shop. I always knew it as the pound shop. Not sure what is there now. I think there is a furniture restoration place there now.

Anyway, still no luck find four pack Star Wars figures. I think I must be misremembering. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,288 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

In the 80s star wars figures were expensive. 4 would have been alot of money. From memory were they 3 or 4 pounds each?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭ErnestBorgnine

There were various German & Italian 4 pack sets released. Could be one of these?

65770dd551e87d3788dc89967813e999.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭dakan

Thanks ErnestBorgnine. I think that is them. At least I'm not going mad. :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Dragging up an old thread here but seen this and remembered this thread and had to post it. I remember buying these figures in multipacks myself in kilnamanagh shopping centre. This for sale online triggered a memory of these for me...a lad is selling it on a irish site..

Advertisement