Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cleaning cobble-lock

Options
  • 11-09-2007 11:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

Is it ok to use a power washer on cobble-lock ... some people say it may dislodge sand etc.

The power washer I have cost 180 in Atlantic - so it is not extremely high powered - and the bricks are very close together - you can hardly see any sand in most cases. Any advice? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,031 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

If there is loose sand there then a powerwasher will wash it out.
    Try and adjust the jet to a wider spray and hold it as far as you can from the surface.
    Also, work diagonally (like grouting tiles), it might help to not remove the sand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

If you use a fine spray on a power washer or just a garden hose, get a bag of kiln dried sand to sweep back into the joints as soon as it is dry. Will save you a lot of hastle down the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭TOm Kelly

Thanks - I will get some of that sand, presumably from builders providers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Cobbles are difficult to sand when wet though. You're better off leaving it a day or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭TOm Kelly

Thanks NBM - will do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭memorystick

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread. I’ve a good area to clean and am wondering if I’d do harm with my washer. It’s a proper one that I use for cattle sheds. 13 hp and hawk pump. Would I be better buying a circle sweep attachment to ensure damage isn’t being done? Thanks

?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭rje66

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread. I’ve a good area to clean and am wondering if I’d do harm with my washer. It’s a proper one that I use for cattle sheds. 13 hp and hawk pump. Would I be better buying a circle sweep attachment to ensure damage isn’t being done? Thanks

Shouldn't do any damage. For cobble lock znd powerful washers wear goggles. Lots of stuff flies back at your face. As mentioned sand will be lost. Replace when its bone dry.

rje66 wrote: »
    Shouldn't do any damage. For cobble lock znd powerful washers wear goggles. Lots of stuff flies back at your face. As mentioned sand will be lost. Replace when its bone dry.

Would I need the round attachment? It’s a big area. Thanks

Advertisement