Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

POTW 540: 19/9/20 - 25/9/20

• 23-10-2020 9:16am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 3,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭

THIS WEEK'S POTW GOES TO:

bernard0368
    50359059942_aff8e89faf_c.jpg

HONOURABLE MENTIONS

keps
    50371325547_ac14e1616d_c.jpg

jaansu
    50370011833_5fff821256_c.jpg

dball
    50379534528_c412bcf259_c.jpg

borderfox
    IMG-3030-01.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS Bernard (again). Any information on the winning shot would be appreciated.
    WELL DONE HMs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Super shots this week.. Yet again.

@dball where was yours taken from? Mount Eagle?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

Wow thank you Again.
    The Kingfisher image from Week 537 was one of a series I put up on another site, which I ended deeply regretting posting.
    This caused me to go looking for new pastures, ending up been one of the most memorable days in the wild I have had in a long time.
    This stag and I spent minutes together deep in a woods, so close I could hear him breathe.
    He let me take some shots and I swear he bowed his head to me before he just majestically slid of into his woods again.
    This was one of many encounters that morning and a area i can see my self spending a lot of hours.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 3,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Myksyk

The Kingfisher image from Week 537 was one of a series I put up on another site, which I ended deeply regretting posting.

Sounds juicy ... cén fath?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

@ Myksyk,
    I put this up as a set showing three birds on a site one Saturday night.
    Early the next morning I got a call from a friend commenting on the number of photographers on the river.
    I went for a walk later that day and was shocked by the amount of people with one fella driving from Northern Ireland after seeing my post.
    For the next week these birds were chased up and down the river by all and sundry trying to get shots of them.
    Whilst I post very few of my images anyway, photography has been a way to deal with my PTSD,
    I now think three times of posting anything after the behavior I witnessed that week.

Advertisement