View Poll Results: Is marriage worth it?
Yes 155 45.32%
No 187 54.68%
Voters: 342. You may not vote on this poll

12-01-2021, 18:04   #46
Mad_maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan27 View Post
Is it worth it anymore?
Looking at it from mans point of view, but is there any real benefit for it, which is essentially an expensive party.
I know if things go bad and divorce happens, the men seem to get the bad end of the stick.
Obviously there are are a good lot of great marriages out there so it still suits a lot of people.

Just curious of people’s opinions ?
in the majority of cases , the woman gets considerably wealthier the day she marries , the man considerably poorer
Advertisement
12-01-2021, 18:06   #47
Mad_maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelings View Post
If things ever go tits up in your marriage, the law here still favours women. Especially if there are kids involved. Husbands/fathers always appear to get a raw deal.
yep , its called " gender equality "
12-01-2021, 18:09   #48
Louis Friend

It is worth it.

I wouldn’t allow marriages that have turned sour to colour your views.

It’s a public declaration of love and the formation of a family unit in front of family, friends, and the State.

Plus it’s important if kids are on the agenda.
12-01-2021, 18:23   #49
Bobblehats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Friend View Post
It is worth it.

I wouldn’t allow marriages that have turned sour to colour your views.

It’s a public declaration of love and the formation of a family unit in front of family, friends, and the State.

Plus it’s important if kids are on the agenda.
Yeah I wouldn’t either. Marriage; shacking up with your partner all of that.... it’s a beautiful thing man, f people that don’t truly love each other are gettin hitched it’s an abuse of the very concept anyway. And then they have the gall to tell us relationships aren’t all that? Just because some folk are write-offs in said scenario they shouldn’t dictate how it’s gonna be.
Thanks from:
12-01-2021, 18:52   #50
Sheeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan27 View Post
My delima is, with my gf for over 3 years, and currently building a house. Love her to bits and happy out, i really am.
But for a wedding/ marriage i dont really see the benefit.
Id have no major interest doing it, id just do it too keep her happy if push came to shove.
You may be better off being joint assessed by revenue in the long run, depending on both of your earnings.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
12-01-2021, 18:59   #51
jmlad2020

Imagine you're wife leaving you and kicking you out of the house you paid for built on your land. Only for the wife to start shagging another man in your gaff.

Meanwhile you are living in a bedsit aged 48 too old too ugly to match young ones on Tinder. This is is your life and it is ending one minute at a time.

Sadly this is the reality for many Irish men. Women always have the upper hand in this type of thing, unless they're abusive but even then you'll still be up against it with the law believing you. SAD.
12-01-2021, 19:05   #52
coffee_cake
coffee_cake
Its better for men's health or something isn't it
Thanks from:
12-01-2021, 19:18   #53
MikeOxsgreen

Depends on what you want out of life.
Live with the same person rest of your days as married, unmarried in a relationship, or single in and out of relationships.

Marriage is an agreement between people
If one doesn't want it its doomed. But one may be compromising for the sake of the relationship, which IMO is OK. A lot of people in that category.
Theres no manual, you figure it out as you go with each other.

But it may not be for everyone. The worst thing i think you can do is string someone along in a relationship who has very different aspirations.

As regards cost, you can make it as cheap or expensive as you want. A "traditiona"l wedding has "economies of scale", the more punters guests you have, you could actually make it at emleadt pay for itself, if not cone out slightly in the black.
12-01-2021, 20:08   #54

Marriage and weddings are irrelevant. Kids change everything. If you really truly love your partner and potential in laws warts n all you can survive and thrive. If you don't then don't get married or have kids. Also spend next six months deeply studying child birth, rearing, financing, illness, disability, etc etc etc before having kids. And read real news sites regularly. Wake up basically.

I'd actually suggest going to joint relationship therapy before getting married and work out exactly your hopes and dreams and fears and plans with a marriage counsellor. Pay decent money. You might discover you really don't want to commit for kids/life. Or that your are a good match.

If you are religious just don't put your trust in God etc. Think before you get married. Really think!

It's your life. What do you want.

Really ****ing think!

Last edited by nextgengamer; 12-01-2021 at 20:15.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
12-01-2021, 20:24   #55
kerryjack

Don't think marriage should be for life, maybe have a 5 year contract and after 5 years you should have a month out of contract where you can go mad, can you imagine having a special night in coppers for out of contract people. It would give people an insensitive to look after themselves better as well keep in better shape. I think a man dies the day he gives up the chase.
12-01-2021, 20:26   #56
MikeOxsgreen

A boy becomes a man the day he realises he's not the most important thing in the world.
His family are
12-01-2021, 20:30   #57

You can return flights to the Dam for 30 Euro.

So not don't want marriage.
Thanks from:
12-01-2021, 20:36   #58
Galwayguy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperbollix View Post
And until you involve assets and cash, you don't know them at all!
From personal experience I agree with this.
(2) thanks from:
12-01-2021, 20:38   #59
brainboru1104

I honestly don't know anyone who is married and happy. Or even content. They're all miserable.
12-01-2021, 20:39   #60
brainboru1104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcgamer View Post
You can return flights to the Dam for 30 Euro.

So not don't want marriage.
You can't beat kissless intercourse with a sex trafficked Russian prostitute.
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion