View Poll Results: What do you believe happens when we die
We go to an afterlife (heaven or hell) 15 8.52%
That's it, there is no more 89 50.57%
I am undecided but feel that's the end of it for me 48 27.27%
I am undecided but feel there is some form of continued existance for me 25 14.20%
I don't care or mind 12 6.82%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

01-01-2021, 18:59   #61
Stacksofwacks

I'm not convinced of an afterlife and veer towards that will be it, but I did fall off a bike when I was young and crashed into a wall(at speed) and saw myself floating overhead, a strange experience that stuck with me so I still wonder, but it could have just been a concussion or something
Advertisement
01-01-2021, 19:19   #62
Wanderer2010

I dont think we are meant to know. Imagine if, during life, we knew that there was an all-loving higher power who would return us to our eternal self where you could live forever in spirit or choose to reincarnate again to learn lessons essential to the evolution of your higher self? Nobody would have any motivation to do anything to better themselves at all, knowing we are going to live forever beyond our bodily life. As cruel as it seems, keeping that information from human beings is probably essential.
I respect though that not everyone believes in any form of afterlife, the above view is my personal one.
Thanks from:
01-01-2021, 19:20   #63
Gael23

Either into a hole in the ground add you become plant food or into a furnace
01-01-2021, 19:25   #64
Government buildings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gael23 View Post
Either into a hole in the ground add you become plant food or into a furnace
You are correct .This is what happens the body. But you don't know about a spiritual existence after death.
Thanks from:
01-01-2021, 19:31   #65
Government buildings

No one can prove there is an afterlife.
No one can prove there isn't an afterlife.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
01-01-2021, 19:40   #66
billyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Government buildings View Post
No one can prove there is an afterlife.
No one can prove there isn't an afterlife.
True. Nobody has died and came back to prove anything.
01-01-2021, 19:46   #67
saabsaab

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyhead View Post
If they had would they be believed? Told that they were not really dead I'd guess.
01-01-2021, 19:53   #68
Covit

I have been banned from boards and reincarnated does that count !
01-01-2021, 20:01   #69
Government buildings

No one can prove the existence of an afterlife. but I believe in it.

The thing is, the older you get, and realising you may only have a few years left if you're lucky, it's better for you to believe rather than not believe. You can't prove anything, so what's to be lost by believing?

By not believing,you lose everything, by believing you gain everything.

Remember there is no proof. So believing or not believing is a decision you make.

You can't prove either way. So if you are sensible, you choose to believe.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
01-01-2021, 20:03   #70
upupup

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyhead View Post
There was a guy that much was wrote about.He caused a lot of political and religious problems so he was killed and they made sure he was dead as they were experts in killing.His friends watched him die so there was no doubt he was dead.
He came back 3 days later and nobody knows how.He was seen on one occasion by a crowd of 500.
He disappeared again for good but it seems he came back from the dead not because of sins or anything silly like that....he came back to show what was possible and maybe he was a bit of a show off
Thanks from:
01-01-2021, 21:59   #71
Stacksofwacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Government buildings View Post
No one can prove the existence of an afterlife. but I believe in it.

The thing is, the older you get, and realising you may only have a few years left if you're lucky, it's better for you to believe rather than not believe. You can't prove anything, so what's to be lost by believing?

By not believing,you lose everything, by believing you gain everything.

Remember there is no proof. So believing or not believing is a decision you make.

You can't prove either way. So if you are sensible, you choose to believe.
As a non believer who respects those who choose to believe I would take issue here because statements like these sound more like emotional blackmail. In reality you lose nothing if you choose to believe or not because no one can prove otherwise.
Thanks from:
01-01-2021, 22:32   #72
Government buildings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacksofwacks View Post
As a non believer who respects those who choose to believe I would take issue here because statements like these sound more like emotional blackmail. In reality you lose nothing if you choose to believe or not because no one can prove otherwise.
In reality you do lose, not because you can't prove either way, but because there is either an afterlife or there is not. There are no other possibilities.
The reason I say you lose, is because I believe that non believers do not deserve an afterlife. If you believe, there is life, if you don't, there isn't.
This isn't emotional blackmail. You decide to believe or not, it's a free choice. It's not something you can think about, because you won't get an answer.
I'm not trying to convert anyone, I fully respect your choice, for that is what it is, a choice.
Ultimately, the whole thing is a mystery that we cannot figure out. As I said, it's a decision you make. I make a decision to believe, not because I understand, but because I don't understand. It's a mystery.
01-01-2021, 22:36   #73
AllForIt

My answer is the same as I gave in the Atheism forum version of this thread.

When I die I go back to the where I was before I was born. Or 9 months before being born if you want to be pedantic.
01-01-2021, 22:43   #74
dok_golf

"And I am not frightened of dying, any time will do, I don't mind. Why should I be frightened of dying? There's no reason for it, you've gotta go sometime." Gerry O Driscoll

We came from nothing. We go back to nothing. Don't worry about what comes after, just be grateful , you got what you have
01-01-2021, 22:47   #75
Wanderer2010

Its the last mystery of life, the undiscovered country, the land from which no traveller has returned. I do believe we existed forever and this is just a school to evolve our soul before going home. The major religions have been edited so much over the centuries that its impossible to believe the propoganda, plus the concept of an Old Testamant God who hates human beings but yet continues to allow us to exist for millenia makes no sense.
The afterlife needs to remain a mystery. Nobody would learn, grow or do a thing in life if they knew they could just reset again after death.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion