Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,313 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Sardonicat wrote: »
    But what about your bras and pants? You don't want to be caught in droopy drawers in A&E. Droopy drawers, zero support bra and face mask. That's a fatal combination. There is nothing they could do to bring you back from that..
    I get rid of undies when they're past their best, but socks hang around for longer than they should for some reason.

So, decent knickers, decent bra, decent socks, decent face mask. All I need to worry about now is recovering after being hit by a bus, and sure that's the doctor's problem. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

im WFH too, workload is low also - glad im not the only one.

Same situation here, it's terrific, when I think of all those wasted hours of commuting down through the years, not to mention the mindless meetings that are now well and truly being done without, it's all good :)

Work finished for the day, lunch just consumed and going to settle down to a bit of reading for the afternoon, weather outside is miserable so going to light up a big coal fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I get rid of undies when they're past their best, but socks hang around for longer than they should for some reason.

So, decent knickers, decent bra, decent socks, decent face mask. All I need to worry about now is recovering after being hit by a bus, and sure that's the doctor's problem. :D

Precisely! I keep an 'emergency' supply of past it knickers for certain times. But you get a pass under those circumstances, providing the bra and socks are in good order.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

smurfjed wrote: »

Ah thanks! Having a horrible day out here today so not firing on all cylinders... AAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGH

How does it take so many days and phone calls to ( NOT) get a simple repeat prescription sent out.. and the prospect of running out of cat food because the shop forgot to order it in..

You need socks? I got socks! I am hopeless at ebay etc shopping and they sent me 20 pairs of black socks when I thought I ordered 10... Only charged what I was expecting to pay for 10 though! ;)

• Advertisement

In werk. Praying the ridiculous time wasting checkpoint isn't on the N7 when I leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Graces7 wrote: »
    You need socks? I got socks! I am hopeless at ebay etc shopping and they sent me 20 pairs of black socks when I thought I ordered 10... Only charged what I was expecting to pay for 10 though! ;)
    They probably got mixed up between 20 socks and 20 pairs of socks. :D

I'm still in work but leaving work at 2 hopefully. I'm still not a fan of my variety of working from home: go in to work every day but don't stay as long, and finish stuff off at home. :rolleyes: I should have left at 12...

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭global23214124

Reading my kindle and listening to music in the sun with a little breeze on the balcony. Incessant flies from earlier have disappeared so happy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

kowloon wrote: »
    The last thread hadn't fully reached 10,000 posts, what kind of standards do you have Ted?

I'll send you back to it if you want.

:P

Something at the back of my mind is saying deleted posts can affect that count too.

Deskside trying to get back into workmode.

Post-lunch snooze is more of an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,221 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Had started preparing dinner when I realised the meat wasnt it’s best looking so now at the butchers and my oh my so much variety of meat and that’s just the butchers :D hehehe

I’ll get my coat :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

Post-lunch snooze is more of an idea.

Good idea Ted! A snooze it is for Dave before I go back to the desk! :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hmm sure while I'm still in bed a nap might be nice too.

They probably got mixed up between 20 socks and 20 pairs of socks. :D

I'm still in work but leaving work at 2 hopefully. I'm still not a fan of my variety of working from home: go in to work every day but don't stay as long, and finish stuff off at home. :rolleyes: I should have left at 12...

That figures! The last time I had ordered from ebay it was plants and they sent me seeds then changed the ad wording! I finally got a refund

Reading my kindle and listening to music in the sun with a little breeze on the balcony. Incessant flies from earlier have disappeared so happy out.

Sounds divine. It's brass monkeys and raining here!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Autosport wrote: »
    Had started preparing dinner when I realised the meat wasnt it’s best looking so now at the butchers and my oh my so much variety of meat and that’s just the butchers :D hehehe

I’ll get my coat :D

Auto! :eek:

:pac:

Nothing like a bit of meat and 2 veg, Auto.

I'm tableside polishing my halo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

First post in the new thread

Nothing like a bit of meat and 2 veg, Auto.

I'm tableside polishing my halo.

A nice juicy sausage. ...

I've made the mistake of checking the news, there's another family tragedy in Dublin. :(

In werk. Praying the ridiculous time wasting checkpoint isn't on the N7 when I leave.

No such luck.
    Gobshìtes - "You must have a checkpoint on a busy road during the morning and evening. We have to makesure you catch all those pesky people on way to and from work".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I've made the mistake of checking the news, there's another family tragedy in Dublin. :(

That estate is one field over from ours. Really sad case, tragic.

I am making Millionaire squares. Its been a waste of a days holiday really.

I'm after getting stopped by the same handsome guard today so I'm ok with the checkpoints for now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,221 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I'm after getting stopped by the same handsome guard today so I'm ok with the checkpoints for now! :D

Nice car you drive there ;) dinner on now and it’s a waiting game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭thomil

Nothing much going on here. The skies outside are turning grey and I'm just typing away on yet another blog post. Gotta keep the content machine fed after all...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

thomil wrote: »
    Nothing much going on here. The skies outside are turning grey and I'm just typing away on yet another blog post. Gotta keep the content machine fed after all...

What kinda stuff do you blog about Thomil?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,990 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I'll pm you my number so you can slip it to him tomorrow :)
    A Cork guard, yes please :D

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭thomil

What kinda stuff do you blog about Thomil?

All kinds of stuff, really. Personal thoughts, reviews of gadgets that I use, trip reports, although those are somewhat rare at the moment, or anything else the pops up in my mind. My last post was about that little COVID scare I had earlier this month: https://thomil-english.blogspot.com/

Mods: I hope you don't mind me plugging my blog again? I'm willing to pay with chocolate or brownies ;)

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭3d4life

RMAOK wrote: »
    First post in the new thread

Same,

Is that a Ted shaped hollow in the couch ?

Mods caught using secondhand furniture in a new thread ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,990 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I'll pm you my number so you can slip it to him tomorrow :)
    A Cork guard, yes please :D

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

On the home stretch... does that saying work with working from home?! :confused:

Buile, I'm not sure who is stalking who in that situation!

Tunes - Iron Maiden, Afraid to shoot strangers (on repeat for 2 hours :pac::D).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement