13-01-2021, 16:42   #3181
biko
Arbiter

Account now suspended https://twitter.com/blm_emily_acab maybe it was a parody account, sure hope so
Advertisement
13-01-2021, 16:50   #3182
silverharp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Consuela Bananahammock View Post
Biden said that he was going to ensure that everyone had equal access to post Covid fundung. You said this was woke.

Either you disagree with him and don't think everyone shuold have equal access, or you agree with something you're trying to highligh as woke - which is it?

If you think it's misconstrued, then put the record straight.
if one was male white and struggling in the US, it would sound like Biden either assumes they have as much privilege as old rich white dudes like Biden or deserve to be back of the queue
13-01-2021, 17:48   #3183
MisterAnarchy

Quote:
Biden said that he was going to ensure that everyone had equal access to post Covid fundung. You said this was woke.

Either you disagree with him and don't think everyone shuold have equal access, or you agree with something you're trying to highligh as woke - which is it?

If you think it's misconstrued, then put the record straight.
"Priority" to certain groups cannot go in the same sentence as "equal access" unless one has fully bought into the fraudulent narrative of "privilege".

Biden and the Democrats have been playing the race card and identity politics ever since Biden bounced back in the preliminaries last year.

Politics has turned the lofty ideal of equality into the ugly reality of resentments of other people's achievements — and a feeling that the world owes you something, while you owe nobody anything, not even common decency.
13-01-2021, 18:59   #3184
whysobecause

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmetSpiceland View Post
https://www.euronews.com/2021/01/05/...nline-campaign

“Germany has pledged to give storms more diverse names after an online initiative called for a better reflection of the multi-cultural makeup of German society.”
I look forward to storm Muhammad bring floods and death and destruction.
13-01-2021, 19:07   #3185
dolanbaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by whysobecause View Post
I look forward to storm Muhammad bring floods and death and destruction.
They'll create havoc, using the name of their god in vain how dare they!

Can you imagine all the Islamists complaining that a storm has been named after Muhammad!
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
13-01-2021, 19:17   #3186
inforfun

Plus... how do you draw Storm Mohamed on a weather chart?
13-01-2021, 20:38   #3187
Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Princess Consuela Bananahammock's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterAnarchy View Post
"Priority" to certain groups cannot go in the same sentence as "equal access" unless one has fully bought into the fraudulent narrative of "privilege".

Biden and the Democrats have been playing the race card and identity politics ever since Biden bounced back in the preliminaries last year.

Politics has turned the lofty ideal of equality into the ugly reality of resentments of other people's achievements — and a feeling that the world owes you something, while you owe nobody anything, not even common decency.
So.... You deliberatey misconsrtrue what Biden said.
I explain it to you (see below)
You accuse me of misconstruing you.
Then you deliberately misconstrue waht Biden said in exactly the same way... for the second time...?

Quote:
Pretty spurious to cut the quote in ooder to completely change the meaning! Here's the FULL quote again:

"Our priority will be Black, Latino, Asian, and Native American owned small businesses, women-owned businesses and finally having equal access to resources needed to reopen and rebuild."

Pretty obvious that his priority is the equality and not the business being the equality, but you knew that already.

The priority is not people - the priority is his intention.
Thanks from:
13-01-2021, 21:49   #3188
Quantum Erasure

Council is slammed for 'ridiculous and historical wokery' over plans to remove a statue of a British war hero – with official report claiming it 'impacts anybody who does not define themselves in binary gender terms'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-war-hero.html

the statue had attracted public debate in part due to references to colonial campaigns on its plinth which 'sought to advance British imperialist interests in other countries'.

An equality impact assessment read: 'The General Buller statue represents the patriarchal structures of empire and colonialism which impact negatively on women and anyone who does not define themselves in binary gender terms.

'The consultation will need to ensure that the views of women, transgender and non-binary people are captured and given due weight.' The impact assessment also noted the need to consult with minority ethnic groups on the statue.

Last edited by Quantum Erasure; 13-01-2021 at 22:10.
13-01-2021, 22:02   #3189
Potential-Monke

Might as well just get rid of every statue ever so, if the non-binary crowd are/could get offended...
Advertisement
13-01-2021, 22:07   #3190
Gruffalux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potential-Monke View Post
Might as well just get rid of every statue ever so, if the non-binary crowd are/could get offended...
Well I do feel offended by or inferior to statues of angels and Greek deities, so...
13-01-2021, 22:09   #3191
Potential-Monke

If I was to look at statues like that, the only plus I'd have on them is that, as a male, I have bigger tits than some of the female ones.
(3) thanks from:
14-01-2021, 00:33   #3192
Hellokitty1212

Quote:
If I was to look at statues like that, the only plus I'd have on them is that, as a male, I have bigger tits than some of the female ones.
That Michaelangelo one makes you feel a tad inadequate I have to say!!!

Ban it!! 😀
(3) thanks from:
14-01-2021, 00:46   #3193
Potential-Monke

I had to have a quick Google. The fecker is 5 meters tall! His flaccid knob is the same length as a short womans shin!
(2) thanks from:
14-01-2021, 07:20   #3194
Gruffalux

There was a "fig leaf campaign" in Medieval Europe to cover the nudity in historical artworks. Metal fig leaves nailed on statues or painted on paintings.
Hundreds of years later Queen Victoria had a detachable fig leaf put on her plaster cast replica of David.
Plus ca change...
(2) thanks from:
14-01-2021, 09:44   #3195
Kivaro

Quote:
Wonder will there be a demand from the un-busy-at-work woke crowd to have the Dublin Spire removed next? Because one of them thought it looked like a phallic symbol?
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion