Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

21st century parenting/child

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

That is one horrendous tattoo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Heir to what :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Jaysus, Boris Becker has let himself go

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

He's a nice Grandda!

Here's the family you like diddler

• Advertisement

Great I've been looking forward to seeing how the African family are getting on.

Strict grandma! I like her a lot :)

Strong views from Granny!

Eithne has a hubby :eek: I always thought she was on her own so could afford the time with Caoimhe.

I feel bad for her that she can't get on with her own life.

Does Aisling even want to be a mammy? Or is she just too depressed to see a way out?

• Advertisement

I think Aisling's mother is great... She doesnt seem to buy Aisling's "illness", I reckon she thinks she is just not trying hard enough... And she doesnt hide her feelings in front of the camera..

Strong views from Granny!

She was great!

It looks like the illness has stopped Aisling developing in to an adult. She still expects her mother to do an awful lot for her.

Johnny and Michelle wreck my head. Full of sh1t.

amdublin wrote: »
    Johnny and Michelle wreck my head. Full of sh1t.

Sorry amdub.. :(

I think Aisling's mother is great... She doesnt seem to buy Aisling's "illness", I reckon she thinks she is just not trying hard enough... And she doesnt hide her feelings in front of the camera..
    It looks like the illness has stopped Aisling developing in to an adult. She still expects her mother to do an awful lot for her.

I'd say she just rings the mam saying she can't get out of bed to mind caoimhe.

Sorry amdub.. :(

:pac:

Do the families get paid to participate?

Granny, mam and the two boys are the spit of each other. Funny little faces :pac:

Do the families get paid to participate?

Hope so!

• Advertisement

I think in general the grandparents come out of this program much better than the parents.. The parents come across as being self absorbed, passing the kids to the parents so as to free their own time to fulfill the personal ambitions that would have had to have been put on the back burner if they'd had to give all their time to raising their kids...

(that's a long sentence)

I think in general the grandparents come out of this program much better than the parents.. The parents come across as being self absorbed, passing the kids to the parents so as to free their own time to fulfill the personal ambitions that would have had to have been put on the back burner if they'd had to give all their time to raising their kids...

(that's a long sentence)

I think it is really unfair on the Grandparents and remarkably selfish of the parents.

Should be a good one tonight!

This little fella' Richard is a gas man!

This little fella' Richard is a gas man!

He's brilliant!

I'm dying to see what they say about the hippy family - their kids are bolds i think! :o

(in a funny way :p)

That's a straight answer for Aisling re. her depression

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Why would anyone want to take part in this programme?? I couldn't subject my child to this level of exposure and scrutiny.

That's a straight answer for Aisling re. her depression

I missed it. What was said?

• Advertisement

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Why would anyone want to take part in this programme?? I couldn't subject my child to this level of exposure and scrutiny.

The children and families are certainly put under the microscope - but the families are given lots of support and helpful advice in relation to some of the issues that they are facing - maybe the families are grateful for the help and guidance from professionals. This could be a reason why they do it???

Advertisement