Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

3 end of contract deal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I rang them a few days ago and got the €15 per month deal extended for another year. Very surprised that they didn't argue with me about it like last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 expensivefinish

Got renewed also on €10 for 6 months and €20 for 6 months.

Was the 5G on the plan before? Was under the impression it wasn't included so pushed the agent to add it on for free. Was a bit of back of fourth but he eventually agreed to it and then came back 2 minutes later saying it was actually already standard on the plan.

Noticed there I had 5g turned off on my phone so wouldn't know myself.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Thanks for the heads up, just coming to the end of a contract myself so got it down to €10 for 6 months then €20 afterwards.

@expensivefinish while searching for better deals, I found an article that said mobile operators have stopped charging extra for 5g as there was such poor uptake and it's hardly worth it when you can get good 4g, so it's included as standard for most plans now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

I’m on €10 per month (well I think it’s €10.50), been on it ages, no contract or anything… I presume they can just put it up whenever they want?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Contract is up soon, plan since April 2022 is PAYG €14.99-€19.99 a month

What's the best way too heckle them down a bit ?

Be nice to get €10 per month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 ilenmike05

Going to give this a rattle again today. I will let you know how I get on. Was on ten a month for last year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭waterwelly

Best I could get was €15.

Used chat so it's all documented.

Let us know how it goes.

Won't budge at €17.85 a month no matter how hard I tried

Accepted it as its too much hassle changing over to GOMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭amber2

@PTH2009 did you ring customer care or try online chat. Initially I rang customer care who wouldn’t budge from €20 per month told me the offer had finished the Friday before I rang so I hung up and tried chat who gave me the €15 offer this was in December though. Anyway worth trying both if you don’t like the offer just hang up.

Done it online

Yeah they agent told me that there prices had gone up all across the board (€30 going up to €32.85 on the 31st Mar)

Offered me €17.85 for 12 months (€15 off €32.85)

Accepted it as it cuts out the bother of switching and the 3plus app does have decent stuff like ticket presales etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

Same as that PTH2009, I was on €10 a month for the last few years. Had to argue with them every year to continue it. Best I could manage this year was the €17.85 for a year. Not too happy with that to be honest but I suppose they were always going to stop the tenner a month when their plans are increasing in price across the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

I tried a few weeks ago. Got a deal that works out as 20pm for the year (15 for 6 months and then 25 for 5 months), but at least I got an upgrade to 5g as part of it and I do tend to use the 3 Rewards and 3 Presale a lot, and on balance it's probably the going rate these days.

I wonder would there be a bit more leverage available now, given GoMo's 15 euro a month deal being announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Fred Astaire

Was on 15 a month, couldn't get them to under 20 a month this time. Now I did only try on the chat, whereas before I would have usually rang, but I was hoping for 17.85 but willing to take 20. So I didn't keep pushing after we made it to 20 because it was the hardest back and forth I've had in years. It was the 5g plan that I got the 20 at, same as above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭amber2

Forgot my contract was out last month, anyone get any deal this year. 

edit, best they would offer is €25 for 12 months on new 5g plan, anyone get any better deal on sim only. Got a call back with a renewal of old 4g plan for €17.85 or 5g plan for €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭kindalen

Got sim only plans, €15 on one after a lot threatening to leave and €17.85 on another.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭victor8600

Be very careful with 3. They have given my wife a "€15 a month" SIM-only contract which one would assume to be a monthly contract that can be cancelled anytime, right? Wrong! After a year it went to €35 a month and when she called to cancel, they have told her to pay the remainder of the 24-month contract duration (more than €300) for the "privilege". And this is on a SIM-only contract, no new phone.

Personally, I will never deal with 3 again.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Scribbler100

I was worried I was going to find myself in the same situation as your wife, @victor8600 , as I had been on a plan that sounded similar to hers. I just spent a frustrating half hour hanging around on a support chat with 3, only for a technical error to occur so I was no further forward. I looked at the available sim only plans on their website and was able to switch to one for the same money (34.99), but on a 30 day contract. The main difference in terms seems to be that I won't have the same cover on international calls, but I'd never use my mobile for those anyway. I will probably terminate with 3 and switch to GoMo or 48 when my month is up.

Mine is €17.85 per month atm PAYG

Contract up in April, going to try my best to haggle them to keep it the same or €18

F**ked if I'm paying over €30 a month

• Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Ignore wrong thread.

Post edited by okidoki987 on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

3 Bill Pay Unlimited SIMO (Older Account)

Was paying €22.85. Increased to €33 per month last week.

I mentioned a €14.99 offer for another network - agreed to 12m at €17.85 - keeping at 30 day contact.

When asked about any other PAYG accounts, I was offered €20 for 6 months on their 3 Bill Pay Unlimited SIM Only 5G. Reverts to €35 after 6 months, but as 30 days they're likely to match again for the remaining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Rightplace2016

I was same on 20 deal jumped to 35 so I got onto live chat. I mentioned same 15 deal with another provider and was only offered 27 deal. I ended up moving as wouldn't budge. So seems to be hit and miss

The Bill pay plans with the new S24 series is such a rip off. €30-€60 per month with phone costing in the region of €600-€800

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Yozie

Agree, 3 customer service is absolute trash. I had a legacy prepay 20 SIM, one which gives you all you can eat data and you can spend the 20 quid in the Play store still - the main reason I went with 3 years ago. At some stage they just changed my plan to the latest prepay 20 plan without my consent, claiming that I changed it online (which I absolutely did not). The customer service basically got me nowhere and said they will just disconnect the call. All I wanted for them to do was to put me back to the plan I was supposed to be on. Needless to say, I switched providers since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

My own anecdotal experience has been that the network has gotten so much worse since the prices went up last time around. I travel around a lot for work and reception is honestly appalling.

Was on 10 euro a month for a few years and 17.85 was the best I could get from them last year. If that goes up again I'll be leaving because they are not at all worth the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭puddles22

i can get it for people €18.45 unlimited everything , 12 month contract , message me

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭j14

I've been on the €40 per month plan for about 8 years.

Decided not to upgrade this year and want to go SIM only.

The best they will do is €25 per month, unlimited Calls, Texts & Data.

I aksed about the €18.75 per month but they said that is for new customers only.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Rightplace2016

I really can't understand their pricing model anymore. Happy to have moved away . I think once you make first break it becomes easier then to move for best price again

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭puddles22

Msg me

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭j14

Got on to Three again today contract is up next month so I'm entering my 30-day notice period.

I was offered €30 per month on the online chat, told them no, and that I would go to GoMo.

They then told me that the Loyalty Team would be in contact.

Has anyone dealt with the Loyalty Team?

I've been with Three for about 8 years give or take, usually, I upgrade every two years but this year I've decided not to and to go SIM only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Here is a link that might be useful. We get a free new phone sim card with a free month's calls, texts and data. And it'll be posted free to your door...

refer.48.ie/peterd-1781.

It's on the 48 network which uses the Three masts. Monthly cost is about €13. You (and I) also get a €10 Uber voucher but you can have mine too.

Advertisement