Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Easca Mattress Discount

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,826 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Cheers Naid23, appreciate the feedback.

I emailed big mickey yesterday morning after finding out he has a very good reputation and got a reply 3 minutes later. He has given me a recommendation on what should suit us and am just waiting for a price off him today before hopefully sealing the deal.

He emailed me while I was typing, job done, thanks to all!

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I have a €100 discount code for this company, has to be used this morning. As an FYI they run daily competitions for these discount codes, only need to enter your email address.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

I buy from these guys, have done for years:

https://www.intellifoam.com/intellifoam/mattresses/c104

They are much cheaper than the other places mentioned in the thread. ~€700 for their Ultimate in super king, €895 from Easca.

• Company Representative Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

Thanks for the business and also for your positive comments about the mattress on the other thread. Any problems you know how to get in touch.

Regards

bigmickey. Team

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

My easca arrived yesterday and I left it airing in the spare room last night as the new smell once unboxed is a little intense at first! Have it one the bed now and by god it's the comfiest thing I've ever touched! Looking forward to a good night's kip on it now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Megager

luketitz wrote: »
    My easca arrived yesterday and I left it airing in the spare room last night as the new smell once unboxed is a little intense at first! Have it one the bed now and by god it's the comfiest thing I've ever touched! Looking forward to a good night's kip on it now!

How are you finding the mattress at this point? Thinking of investing

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

EASCA130

Megager wrote: »
    How are you finding the mattress at this point? Thinking of investing

Hi Megager, I know the question wasn't directed to me but for what it's worth the mattress I purchased from Big Mickey is still as comfortable and supportive as when I bought it.

It was also only a fraction of the price of the equivalent sized Easca.

I'm have no reason to try and promote his products only I like to support and endorse good business people.

This is just an honest, unbiased review from a very happy customer.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

I have an Easca mattress since Christmas and its very good.

We have always had memory foam mattresses and what impressed me about this one (double was €500) is the depth of it. Its a bit of a beast compared to most memory foams that I have slept on and its very comfortable, its probably medium firm.

Next time you are in Arnotts where the mattresses are, try the Simba mattress they have there. It'll give you an idea of what the modern memory foam mattress is about. They really are special.

The Easca is no different comfort wise and if Big M sold them or any of the others like Eve, Leesa, Casper I'd have bought from him. But he doesnt!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

We're 9 months into our Easca mattress and still happy with it.

Only criticism would be the memory foam being a little too soft/memorable - I like a firmer mattress, and it's remembered my groove a little too well. Other than that it's very comfortable, the edges haven't sagged, it definitely sleeps cooler than our previous one and there's far less movement from either one of us rolling around in our sleep.

I do wonder what it'll be like after two-five years.

• Advertisement

I have an Easca mattress since Christmas and its very good.

We have always had memory foam mattresses and what impressed me about this one (double was €500) is the depth of it. Its a bit of a beast compared to most memory foams that I have slept on and its very comfortable, its probably medium firm.

Next time you are in Arnotts where the mattresses are, try the Simba mattress they have there. It'll give you an idea of what the modern memory foam mattress is about. They really are special.

The Easca is no different comfort wise and if Big M sold them or any of the others like Eve, Leesa, Casper I'd have bought from him. But he doesnt!

Hi Johnny_Fontane

We were selling Eve in Kingsize for €299 all last year. I think they were in UK at the time for £700. We bought a consignment of Eve cancelled orders. They must not of had much value on them when we could sell them for €299 and still make a profit.

It is believed in the industry and from records in Companies House that many of various roll up / vacuum packed mattress companies are actually owed by the same people but trade with different names to confuse the public. They will spend a lot of money on advertising to suck people in. They allow for the returns in their costings. Would I pay £700 for any of these mattresses ? Definitely not. After all you are only buying a piece of foam. We also have been selling Signature Sleep Vacuum Packed Pocket Sprung mattresses for €249 for the last while but are nearly gone now.

Now have a look at the link below and it may change your mind on the vacuum mattress industry.

https://www.fastcompany.com/3065928/...-mattress-wars

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

So what make of mattress did you purchase and the price.

Trish56 wrote: »
    So what make of mattress did you purchase and the price.

It is a Signature Sleep King Harmony that cost 249 euro plus 9 euro next day delivery.

Could not be happier with quality and price.

Now have a look at the link below and it may change your mind on the vacuum mattress industry.

Thats a great article that really gives you an idea of where affiliate marketing can go. Sure Mick, aren't we in Boards not your best sales people? Wheres my $50 :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Thats a great article that really gives you an idea of where affiliate marketing can go. Sure Mick, aren't we in Boards not your best sales people? Wheres my $50 :D:D

Most people don’t care about US lawsuits. I sleep much better on memory foam than springs. €300 memory foam from topsleep.co.uk still going strong but we need a bigger bed thanks to a non cot-loving toddler. Very hard to buy such a mattress in Ireland, particularly in larger sizes.

BBMcQ wrote: »
    Most people don’t care about US lawsuits. I sleep much better on memory foam than springs. €300 memory foam from topsleep.co.uk still going strong but we need a bigger bed thanks to a non cot-loving toddler. Very hard to buy such a mattress in Ireland, particularly in larger sizes.

so do I. And to get some luxurious springs, its huge money whereas for €500 you can get a top class memory foam mattress.

We would not insult you with just $50. Ha Ha

Hi Johnny_Fontane

We were selling Eve in Kingsize for €299 all last year. I think they were in UK at the time for £700. We bought a consignment of Eve cancelled orders. They must not of had much value on them when we could sell them for €299 and still make a profit.

It is believed in the industry and from records in Companies House that many of various roll up / vacuum packed mattress companies are actually owed by the same people but trade with different names to confuse the public. They will spend a lot of money on advertising to suck people in. They allow for the returns in their costings. Would I pay £700 for any of these mattresses ? Definitely not. After all you are only buying a piece of foam. We also have been selling Signature Sleep Vacuum Packed Pocket Sprung mattresses for €249 for the last while but are nearly gone now.

It’s pretty pathetic that you have to come on here to slate a competitor. Esca sell directly, so I can understand why you have the hump about them, no money for you.

How many times have you posted that link at this stage? Must be at least 4 times.

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    It’s pretty pathetic that you have to come on here to slate a competitor. Esca sell directly, so I can understand why you have the hump about them, no money for you.

How many times have you posted that link at this stage? Must be at least 4 times.

Excuse me, where did I mention Esca ?

That link is about mattress reviews and if you can believe the reviews or not as it appears that the review company is actually financed by the manufacturer of the mattress concerned. Nowhere do I mention or slate Esca . By the way I would not consider Esca or any of these companies competition for us as we can sell similar products to theirs for 1/3 of their price so not much competition there I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

In fairness, the title of the thread is about Easca Mattresses. It's safe to presume a link discussing memory foam mattresses in a thread about memory foam mattresses is aimed at the company mentioned in the title.

• Advertisement

That link is about mattress reviews and if you can believe the reviews or not as it appears that the review company is actually financed by the manufacturer of the mattress concerned. Nowhere do I mention or slate Esca . By the way I would not consider Esca or any of these companies competition for us as we can sell similar products to theirs for 1/3 of their price so not much competition there I would think.

You’re posting in an Easca thread. You’re commenting about companies that sell Easca type mattress’s. You’ve let your company down.

Regarding price, anyone can sell cheap, especially unknown brands that nobody has ever heard of.

OldBean wrote: »
    In fairness, the title of the thread is about Easca Mattresses. It's safe to presume a link discussing memory foam mattresses in a thread about memory foam mattresses is aimed at the company mentioned in the title.

I see your point but that was not the intention at all. Other guys on here mentioned us on this thread and we were only responding. I can't comment on Easca as I have very little knowledge of that company but as regards some of the other vacuum packed companies that were mentioned, I can comment that when I go to UK on buying trips I see lots of these other vacuum packed mattresses that were returned under the 100 nights trial. I am reliably informed that the model of these companies are, very intense advertising campaigns (which the buyers are paying for ) and that they are budgeting for a certain amount of returns and they don't mind this as the price is inflated from the start so they don't care about some returns.

I honestly wish Easca the best of luck in their business venture. They are not major competition for us.

You’re posting in an Easca thread. You’re commenting about companies that sell Easca type mattress’s. You’ve let your company down.

Regarding price, anyone can sell cheap, especially unknown brands that nobody has ever heard of.

Let's not lose the plot here now completely Fr. Dougal.

It's a thread about mattress's and the chap is an expert in the field.

I was told by a senior poster on here that he was very helpful and sold quality products at very reasonable prices to a lot of posters on here over the years, when I contacted him that's exactly what I found.

Who are you to tell him what threads he can and cannot post in? He's a member here the same as the rest of us with the big difference being he doesn't post anonymously and has a great business reputation.

"You've let your company down", what kind of a statement is that?

Let's not lose the plot here now completely Fr. Dougal.

It's a thread about mattress's and the chap is an expert in the field.

I was told by a senior poster on here that he was very helpful and sold quality products at very reasonable prices to a lot of posters on here over the years, when I contacted him that's exactly what I found.

Who are you to tell him what threads he can and cannot post in? He's a member here the same as the rest of us with the big difference being he doesn't post anonymously and has a great business reputation.

"You've let your company down", what kind of a statement is that?

He’s not a member here like the rest of us, his opinions are biased as he wants to sell his products. He has an advertisers account here.

There was no need to run down these type mattresses, people have bought them and are quite happy with them. They sell direct and not via resellers such as bigmickey.

He’s not a member here like the rest of us, his opinions are biased as he wants to sell his products. He has an advertisers account here.

There was no need to run down these type mattresses, people have bought them and are quite happy with them. They sell direct and not via resellers such as bigmickey.

I'd say now Father that you could do with a nice cup of tea.

Go on, go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

He didn't slate Easca and the reply was to someone who mentioned big Mickey.ie in their post so I'm not understanding where your coming from.
    For the record I've not bought anything from bigmickey.ie but the missus has and she was very impressed with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,620 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Haha.. I was in a similar situation to you a few years ago... posted a recommendation about a mattress I bought from a different company and was immediately trolled.

Sure there's only one name in mattresses on boards dontcha know?

What gets me is that direct selling via Bargain Alerts is in direct contravention of the charter
    The forum shall not be used by anyone for the purpose of personal gain by advertising their services directly or referring to same in their posts. This includes user names.

Not my forum so I don't really care tbh, but I certainly didn't like someone hijacking my original thread all those years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

Take €100 Off | Use Code: SLEEPTIGHT

https://www.eascamattress.ie

After reading this thread, I will contact Big Mick for a new super king memory foam gel cooled mattress for 1/3 of the price. So about 250 euro then.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

Poncke wrote: »
    Take €100 Off | Use Code: SLEEPTIGHT

https://www.eascamattress.ie

After reading this thread, I will contact Big Mick for a new super king memory foam gel cooled mattress for 1/3 of the price. So about 250 euro then.

Just checked the Big Mick website, what I looked for cost between 700 and 1000 for a super king size and dont even have cooling down or turn mattress. Might as well buy from Easca and get a 10 year warranty and 100 day try out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Jigsaw 27

Hi Everyone,

I bought an Easca double mattress though a youtube advertisement which has now been explained to me as an affiliate advert of Easca. That seemingly means that if you use that discount code that the person promoting it gets commission if you buy and may not even own one of these Easca mattresses themselves. Anyways there was a bad smell of it when opened. I only used it for 20 nights and had to revert to the spare room. After buying it I did not use it for over 2 months as I was moving to UK from Dublin and was stored unopened during this time but this should not make any difference. The smell is not as bad but still quite strong. Has anyone else experience this ?

I don't find it worth 700 euro and that with the smell asked them to take it back. They said I should have asked them sooner but my correspondence to them shows that I was on time. What concerns me also is that they say they are an Irish company but I can only find links to a UK office. Any help appreciated

Advertisement