Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Easca Mattress Discount

• 02-09-2017 8:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭

Get €50 off any mattress bought before midnight on Monday using code EASCA50

https://www.eascamattress.ie/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Anyone here actually own one of these?
    The warranty and trial look reassuring and the price and fact they are Irish made are tempting me to purchase.
    Would like to know how an unbiased owner of one would honestly rate it.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

The warranty and trial look reassuring and the price and fact they are Irish made are tempting me to purchase.

Most mattresses sold in Ireland are Irish made, too bulky to ship.

It is tempting...but the company is only on the go since 2016, will they still be around in 10 years? In the market for a super king myself, €900 for one of these...not exactly cheap compared to other Irish brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,951 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Nearly €500 for a single!!

Thanks but I'll pass.

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Most mattresses sold in Ireland are Irish made, too bulky to ship.

It is tempting...but the company is only on the go since 2016, will they still be around in 10 years? In the market for a super king myself, €900 for one of these...not exactly cheap compared to other Irish brands.

Didn't know most mattresses sold here were made here and yeah the fact the company is not long established is making me a bit wary.

The reviews I've seen online don't fill me with confidence as there is no way of knowing if these people bought these at full price or were given them at big discounts.

The trial period looks reassuring but I'd like to hear from some reputable poster here who has actually purchased one.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 32,951 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

... and also how easy it would be to get your money back after the trial period?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

We got one of these a few months ago. I got 50 quid off on a voucher like that above, but no further discount.

They're well made and very comfortable, it takes about a week to get fully settled and about a month for the weird smell to disappear, but I'd definitely get another one.

OldBean wrote: »
    We got one of these a few months ago. I got 50 quid off on a voucher like that above, but no further discount.

They're well made and very comfortable, it takes about a week to get fully settled and about a month for the weird smell to disappear, but I'd definitely get another one.

Many thanks OldBean, I may well go ahead with the purchase after your endorsement!

Of course I will have to speak with my good wife first and then I will be told what I really want to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Mattress Mick is your only man.

Hope you get as good a nights sleep as we've been getting.

As I said, it takes a little while to get used to it, especially if you've not had a foam mattress before. There's good edge support and the whole bed doesn't bounce around if one of us moves. I toss and turn so my wife was pretty happy about that.

I just had a quick search through my mails and customer service/interaction seemed on point. I'd imagine if you wanted it returned there wouldn't be an issue.

They do send a few emails afterwards looking for reviews and offering cashback/referral codes which might be why some reviews seem a little forced. For the record I have nothing to do with the company, nor am I getting anything for posting about them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I suffer with back, hip and shoulder issues. I have been using a memory foam mattress for about 3 years now. I am now on my second mattress from this place,
    https://www.memoryfoamwarehouse.ie/

I upgraded to this mattress during the summer as it was on sale for €500 delivered,
    https://www.memoryfoamwarehouse.ie/king-size-ultra-4g-aircool-memory-foam-mattress.html
    https://www.memoryfoamwarehouse.ie/mattresses/4g-memory-foam-mattress/?mfw_mattress_type=283

The mattress I had before that was an older version from the same company that was slightly thinner.

I have for many years always bought quality Sealy etc mattress's, but none of them come close to the comfort of the mattress's that I have bought from this shop.

I have tried out many memoryfoam mattress's in various shops in Ireland and found that the quality was either total crap or the very expensive ones where too soft and trapped you in position. The warehouse mattress is perfect for me and anyone that has tried it as it's more like lying on a marshmallow that conforms very fast to movement as the 4G foam really does work.

I can't recommend these mattress's enough.

ps, my older warehouse mattress sold to my brother within 30mins of me ordering my new one as he was dying to get one after trying it out when I first got it
    pps, do not buy a complete bed from this company as they do not manufacture the frames and cross ship them from another company and sometimes the shipping does not come together. I have read the bad reviews on Thrustpilot and the large majority are about this issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

I bought a single a few months back for my teenage son. He's happy with it. Be prepared, they don't look like they are worth the price, as they are just a block of foam, but in fairness to them they do what any mattress does but with more comfort and a 100 day trial also, the initial smell did take a while to disappear.

I haven't tried it for a nights sleep, but when changing our mattress I'll definitely consider getting one.

Just to note they ship from northern Ireland, I was between this brand and a better know memory foam mattress but decided to give my business to an Irish company... 🀔

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

They are actually a UK company. Based in the North.

They are actually a UK company. Based in the North.

Oh.

Not the impression I got from the advertisement, thank you for making me aware of this.

Oh.

Not the impression I got from the advertisement, thank you for making me aware of this.

They say they are made in Dublin but their company is in Belfast.
    It's in the contact us section of their site.

They say they are made in Dublin but their company is in Belfast.
    It's in the contact us section of their site.

Fair play for your eye for detail, I won't be purchasing from this company for the simple reason they have lost my trust before I became a customer.

They might be technically legal in their advertising, but it is misleading.

Very glad I asked a few questions here before spending my hard earned!

vicwatson wrote: »
    Mattress Mick is your only man.

Any particular reason or reasons why he is the only mattress seller you'd endorse?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭fulhamfan

As stated, 2 British and 1 Irish all living in Nth. Ireland. Also seem to be operating under this web site, https://casper.com/uk/en/mattresses/casper/ same 100 day trial etc but prices seem cheaper. Plus over 5,000 comments in feedback giving overall score of 4.5 but did give any time to check those.That's my tuppence worth!

Any particular reason or reasons why he is the only mattress seller you'd endorse?

Because he's the best

Also found here https://www.eascamattress.co.uk

The difference in text between the IE and UK sites

Made in Ireland the Easca Gel Foam mattress keeps you cool, providing the unparalleled comfort and support that you need for a great nights sleep.
    €495

Designed in Belfast the Easca Gel Foam mattress keeps you cool, providing the unparalleled comfort and support that you need for a great nights sleep.
    £445.00

The difference in price is about a tenner which is the vat different I would assume.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

fulhamfan wrote: »
    As stated, 2 British and 1 Irish all living in Nth. Ireland. Also seem to be operating under this web site, https://casper.com/uk/en/mattresses/casper/ same 100 day trial etc but prices seem cheaper. Plus over 5,000 comments in feedback giving overall score of 4.5 but did give any time to check those.That's my tuppence worth!

Casper mattresses are big in the US i think, they are always being advertised on podcasts i listen to.

• Advertisement

vicwatson wrote: »
    Because he's the best

Thanks for your input vic but to be honest you're not coming across as a good advocate for someone selling a product that others will spend one third of their life using.

big mickey has a thread on BA. Theres a lot of us who have bought beds from him without any problems.

big mickey has a thread on BA. Theres a lot of us who have bought beds from him without any problems.

Thank you again Boston High Matrimony, sounds good. I'll check him out.

Thanks for your input vic but to be honest you're not coming across as a good advocate for someone selling a product that others will spend one third of their life using.

Ok, thanks for your input, my life has been enhanced by it.

fulhamfan wrote: »

Interesting. I wonder if they're the same as Caspers foam with a different wrap? Ours is pretty much the same with a grey wrap.

I've had a look at that thread and emailed big mickey, I can't stop laughing when I type his name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭remoteboy

I bought my mattress from the guys - https://www.sleepingduck.com/uk/ - last year. They're the same business model as Casper, Eve and the others. Free delivery to Ireland, 100 day trial policy with free returns. Customer service was great. Mattress is really comfy. Destroyed my bedtime reading habits as I pass out every time I get in the bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Recently was looking at this one below in Harvey Norman,

http://www.harveynorman.ie/bedroom/mattresses/super-king-size-mattress/millenium-deluxe-super-king-matt-6ft.html

Now I know there prices are mad but liked the feel of the matteress, does anyone know if there is a comparable from another company here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

We got one and i have to say it is a really comfy mattress. We couldnt really get a sense of mattresses in shops so decided to go with the trial on this one.

We both sleep alot better since getting it. It was also the best option for us size wise/delivery method because our stairs have a weird angle at the top so getting a superking mattress up the stairs in its normal form was not really an option.
    It comes rolled up in a long box and is really weird at first but a few hours to set and you're good to go.

• Advertisement

Naid23 wrote: »
    We got one and i have to say it is a really comfy mattress. We couldnt really get a sense of mattresses in shops so decided to go with the trial on this one.

We both sleep alot better since getting it. It was also the best option for us size wise/delivery method because our stairs have a weird angle at the top so getting a superking mattress up the stairs in its normal form was not really an option.
    It comes rolled up in a long box and is really weird at first but a few hours to set and you're good to go.

Cheers Naid23, appreciate the feedback.

I emailed big mickey yesterday morning after finding out he has a very good reputation and got a reply 3 minutes later. He has given me a recommendation on what should suit us and am just waiting for a price off him today before hopefully sealing the deal.

Advertisement