Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boojum Meal Kits 40% Off

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Brill offer thanks op

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭hurikane

I just put everything in their kit into Lidl's website and it came to less than €13 with some sauce left over. ;)

Now what you need to do is, fire it all into a blender for 120 seconds, and drink it.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

I dont see where to enter the code?
    Cancel that, found it

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

I haven't had Boojum in soo long so I had to order!! :D

To anyone saying that it can be bought cheaper elsewhere, it can and I do it regularly but its just not the same, their Mexican rice is amazing!! :P

I can't wait for tuesday now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mackcracknsack

No Salsa Roja or Naga 😳 no thanks ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭nc6000

I just put everything in their kit into Tesco's website and it came to less than €15 with some sauce left over. ;)

Sometimes I really wonder why people bother sharing bargains in here. :rolleyes:

Thanks to the OP - I've ordered one and look forward to it. Haven't had Boojum in ages. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

I dont see where to enter the code?
    Cancel that, found it

Balls, I forgot to put it in.

nc6000 wrote: »
    Sometimes I really wonder why people bother sharing bargains in here. :rolleyes:

The regular price of a Boojum fajita is ~€6. They are sending you the ingredients to make a Boojum fajita for €4-€5. That is what you should expect to pay, it is not a bargain alert price. People are just buying it because they have a Boojum craving, they weren't aware the meal kit existed, they are comparing the price to the rip off original price etc. Marketing 101.

There is no need to sound condescending, I was just giving an alternative, cheaper option. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Sidford

Yea it's true it shouldn't of been posted as it's not really a bargain and the next time I see a restaurant offering a reduced price I certainly won't post it on here until I go to Tesco or SuperValu website, price check all the ingredients that are used to make the meal and if they are cheaper than what the restaurant is charging then I won't but if the restaurant is cheaper then I will as we know it's a true bargain

Sidford wrote: »
    Yea it's true it shouldn't of been posted as it's not really a bargain and the next time I see a restaurant offering a reduced price I certainly won't post it on here until I go to Tesco or SuperValu website, price check all the ingredients that are used to make the meal and if they are cheaper than what the restaurant is charging then I won't but if the restaurant is cheaper then I will as we know it's a true bargain

Would you like to respond to the post above yours explaining what's wrong with my logic rather than being another condescending poster?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,981 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Would you like to respond to the post above yours explaining what's wrong with my logic rather than being another condescending poster?

Wouldn't you say you've made your point at this stage?

Wouldn't you say you've made your point at this stage?

I have contributed to this thread by posting an alternative, cheaper option. People who have replied to me have not contributed and are just being argumentative for the sake of it.

What benefit is your post to this thread?

If people are going to keep responding to me without explaining what's wrong with my logic, then they should expect a reply. If people stop making posts attacking me or the point that I've made, then I will stop responding. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,981 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

I have contributed to this thread by posting an alternative, cheaper option. People who have replied to me have not contributed and are just being argumentative for the sake of it.

What benefit is your post to this thread?

If people are going to keep responding to me without explaining what's wrong with my logic, then they should expect a reply. If people stop making posts attacking me or the point that I've made, then I will stop responding. That is all.
    Theres nothing wrong with your logic, I agree that you can buy the ingredients cheaper in Tesco, others have said the same. I just don't understand why you keep making the same point, what reply are you actually looking for?

Theres nothing wrong with your logic, I agree that you can buy the ingerdients cheaper in Tesco, others have said the same. I just don't understand why you keep making the same point, what reply are you actually looking for?

Not looking for any reply. If a new poster says the same thing another poster says, then I will reply with the same response.

Why are you not also criticising the posters who are repeating the same argument against me that others have already made?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Not looking for any reply. If a new poster says the same thing another poster says, then I will reply with the same response.

Why are you not also criticising the posters who are repeating the same argument against me that others have already made?

Didn't you leave out the delivery cost of the food from Tesco so didn't compare like for like.

This looks like a decent bargain for what it is.

Didn't you leave out the delivery cost of the food from Tesco so didn't compare like for like.

This looks like a decent bargain for what it is.

Yes and I discussed that point previously.

For me, this is still a good PSA for those who didn't know these kits existed, but not really a bargain alert. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

The regular price of a Boojum fajita is ~€6. They are sending you the ingredients to make a Boojum fajita for €4-€5. That is what you should expect to pay, it is not a bargain alert price. People are just buying it because they have a Boojum craving, they weren't aware the meal kit existed, they are comparing the price to the rip off original price etc. Marketing 101.

There is no need to sound condescending, I was just giving an alternative, cheaper option. :)

Meal kit contains enough for 4 large burrito bowls, which is pretty decent.
    There's also effort in marinating chicken and creating Mexican rice, not sure if you've factored that in.
    I haven't received deal yet so not sure how much "cooking" is required or if it is just warming and assembly.

Also, if you bought all Tesco value ingredients, items close to or past their best before date, or rummaged through the bins out back of boojum you could get the ingredients for a lot less than you found in Tesco.

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    Meal kit contains enough for 4 large burrito bowls, which is pretty decent.
    There's also effort in marinating chicken and creating Mexican rice, not sure if you've factored that in.
    I haven't received deal yet so not sure how much "cooking" is required or if it is just warming and assembly.

I did factor that in. :)

And no cooking I believe, just prepping.
    DavyD_83 wrote: »
    Also, if you bought all Tesco value ingredients, items close to or past their best before date, or rummaged through the bins out back of boojum you could get the ingredients for a lot less than you found in Tesco.

Now you're getting it! You should probably tell the people in the Tesco groceries thread to stop posting deals as they can just get the items for cheaper if they get the near expired stock. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Safe to say this deal isn't for you Aristotle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Christ............

• Advertisement

Safe to say this deal isn't for you Aristotle.

Because I have a Boojum nearby, not because I don't like Boojum. ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Because I have a Boojum nearby, not because I don't like Boojum. ;)

You were warned yesterday on thread to take it to PM.
    Ban issued. Don't post on this thread again when the ban is lifted.

Bargains have a different value to everyone, as does quality. That's doesn't mean we argue our beliefs to everyone who has a different opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

First 500 orders only. Seems like a good deal, €17.70 delivered for a cook at home meal for 4.

Use code ATHOME40

http://shop.boojummex.com

Thanks so much op - I ordered the chicken fajita kit for Wednesday delivery :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Code still working, ordered for Tuesday. Normally turn my nose up at these meal pack things but that's a very good price for delivered burritos, worth a punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

This was sent out yesterday, got the notification and dpd tracking number but it never arrived today. Anybody know what kind of packaging it's in and think it will last until tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

It's well wrapped in a 100% recyclable sheep's wool insulated bag but It does say use within best before date "see side of box". I can't find this date anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TheWatcher182

Mine arrived today and best before date was 2nd December

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Mine arrived today and best before date was 2nd December

That's not great tbh, I guess I'll just have to cook tonight as I won't have time tomorrow:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Mine arrived just after I posted aswell, went ahead and cooked it. It was unbelievable, very easy to throw together and as good as you get in the restaurant. I'll shake any man's hand that can throw that together using Tesco bought ingredients

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭raheny red

Nice one OP. We had ours today. I was sceptical about the advertised meal kit for 4 people. 2 of us loved it and struggled to put a dent in it. Loads leftover for lunches. It's a fantastic deal. The only negative for us was the wraps were a bit small. Some of yiz may prefer to pick up your own wraps.

Advertisement