Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

paypal??.

Options
  • 22-10-2020 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭

hi there,s a lad selling a item im interested in,but its kind of a private sale as in no website etc so he is looking payment by boi or paypal,so obviously im not going go doing boi transfer as there,s zero chance of refund there.

is paypal safe to use here,as in if it,s a scam will paypal refund my money ?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭con747

bassy wrote: »
    hi there,s a lad selling a item im interested in,but its kind of a private sale as in no website etc so he is looking payment by boi or paypal,so obviously im not going go doing boi transfer as there,s zero chance of refund there.

is paypal safe to use here,as in if it,s a scam will paypal refund my money ?.

If you do it as a business transaction they should, do not do it as a friend or relative. Unless it's totally obvious it's a scam then who knows.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 marius087

Hi there, stay away from PayPal!. I thought paypal is serious, I am with them since 2002, and I always thought they look for your best interest. I bought in September some goods from china via paypal. The goods never arrived, I have tracking number and confirmation from an post that there is nothing for me from china. Delivery time was 3 to 10 Days.
    Now in November 20th I opened a dispute with paypal to get my 66 euro back. Paypal denied my claim on the base of the chinese company that has a chinese delivery company saying that the goods were delivered to me! So my money is gone now, and no goods as well. But I will never pay with paypal anything ever again. Try google pay or revolut.

Mod: You have already started a thread about this in Consumer issues. Keep it there please

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Krieger42

I made good experiences with paypal. You can request a refund up to 180 days after you pay for your item. If you sent a payment, but it's still pending, you can cancel it on your Activity as long as you see the "Cancel" button next to it. If the payment isn't claimed within 30 days, it will be automatically refunded to you. But buying from a private person on the internet can always be risky, no matter what payment method you use.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

If he asks you to send by 'Friends and family' on PayPal I'd be very suspicious. You don't have the same protections as you're basically telling PayPal you know this person.

Advertisement