Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Replacement Diabolo

Options
  • 01-05-2012 7:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭

Some cnut has made off with my Diabolo & I need to get a new one. I'm a bit of an amateur, but have been fecking around with these things for years, just never got particularly good...

I want to replace a Henrys Jazz & Alu sticks... TBH they were nearly perfect for me - nice size/balance - I also have a Henrys Circus, which people seem to rate higher, but for me it is a bit big, slow and less fun than the Jazz...

So, the question is... Have things moved on since I got my Jazz? Should I look at some newer cooler model, or should I just go back to what I know & love? Same goes for the shticks... I will probably get some new Henrys Alu and another set, just to see the difference.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Wrong forum I guess

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

To be honest I'm not a massive Diabolo player, I used carbon fibre and alu sticks and tbh I preferred the weight in the ALU. Always felt like the CF sticks would break. I only have a circus myself so can't really help with regards to the jazz :(

sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Cheers Splinter. I ordered another Jazz anyway. Maybe I should give the Circus more time...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Cheers Splinter. I ordered another Jazz anyway. Maybe I should give the Circus more time...
    get em both ;) no harm in having plenty to try

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Stephenm

The Henry's Circus and Jazz are great and last for years. If you want something a bit different you could look at lightweight axels for your current Diabolos.
    At the moment most serious Diabolo players use Henry's Circus, Babache Finesse or Taibolo. There's also some interesting bearing diabolos on the market. Have a look at diabolo.ca which is an excellent resource.

• Advertisement
Advertisement