Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marketing Charter v.2 - *** FORUM CLOSED ***

• 04-10-2005 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

The Marketing Forum is closed. You cannot start a new thread or post any replies. If your thread gets moved here from another forum then it is stuck here. Only an Admin or CMod can move it out to a different forum. Contact Admins via the HelpDesk if this is the case, or PM a CMod. Current CMods are listed at the bottom of the forum.

In the mean time, you can use the Internet Marketing/SEO forum for marketing related questions.

This Forum is for the discussion of Marketing related topics.

Rules:

1. Advertising / Spamming
    The overt promotion of commercial activity and the use of this forum as a vehicle for such is strictly forbidden.
    Due to the nature of this forum, Business names & websites are likely to appear regularly.
    This is only allowed when the poster/post is genuinely looking for/giving advice on a particular topic.
    The genuinity of such posts/threads (as apposed to just spamming/shilling) will be judged on an individual basis by the forum moderators.

2. Illegal activities
    The promotion of any illegal activity will not be tolerated:
    items such as Tax Avoidance, Insurance Fraud, Intellectual property infringement, banking fraud, the dispertion of "insider information", Pyramid or "Get Rich" Quick Schemes and any other illegal acts are forbidden and will results in bans.

3. Personal Attacts/Abuse.
    Please keep things civil & amicable. The making of potentially defamatory, off topic, disruptive statements such as incitement of hatred, racism, sexism or violence is subject to alteration or deletion and an infraction.

4. Old Threads
    Please don't dig up threads which are more than 6 - 12 months old. Information may be out of date. Just start a new Thread.

5. Legal Advice
    Do not ask for Legal Advice here. Consult your Solicitor.

6. Sales
    In accordance with boards.ie site rules there is no selling allowed on this forum. This means the selling of any materials, assets or companies etc.
    Also, do not post personal details such as email addresses or phone numbers.
    Please use our sister site www.adverts.ie for these purposes.

7. Request for Services
    Please post requests for services by tradesmen / professionals / others on www.adverts.ie. This forum is not a classifieds ads webpage.

Finally, Please use the "Report this post" feature (visible on each and every post under the user's profile) whenever you see something which breaches the charter or the general rules of boards. We (Moderators) do not read all posts in each thread so we cannot always act on a suspect post/thread unless it is reported to us.

8. Request for WebSite Review/Feedback
    There is a fine line between a genuine request for constructive website feedback and spam/blatant advertising. The moderators will judge these on a case-by-case basis, however before you post you should consider the following FAQ:

- Q: Should I post here if I want website feedback on my Design/Navigation/Functionality/Web Standards?
    - A: No - please post such a request in the Web Design forum for expert and more relevant criticism.

- Q: Should I post here if my question is in relation to how other entrepreneurs/business leaders go about creating and managing a successful website
    - A: No - please such a request in the Entrepreneurial & Business Management forum.

- Q: Should I post here if my question is in relation to how to better market my website
    - A: Yes - but any suggestion of spam within the post will be taken seriously.

Finally, please use the "Report this post" feature (visible on each and every post under the user's profile) whenever you see something which breaches the charter or the general rules of boards. We (Moderators) do not read all posts in each thread so we cannot always act on a suspect post/thread unless it is reported to us.

This Charter is subject to change.

Thanks and enjoy the forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement