Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Nikiko

Ordered dumbbells off parcel motel, tracking says they were delivered and signed for but haven't gotten a notification in a month. Opened countless tickets and sent tons of emails.

How do I get a refund? What can I do here? Do they still have it or has it got "lost"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Beric Dondarrion

Three deliveries today. The first two were fine, went to collect the third one and was greeted with an empty locker(??).

Managed to get through to their customer service number and was told that they would examine CCTV to see if the driver put it in the wrong locker.......I know they are under pressure right now but I see a claim in the not too distant future for this:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

Nikiko wrote: »
    Ordered dumbbells off parcel motel, tracking says they were delivered and signed for but haven't gotten a notification in a month. Opened countless tickets and sent tons of emails.

How do I get a refund? What can I do here? Do they still have it or has it got "lost"?

I'm in the same boat.

They raised a claim and told me I would be refunded but that was about two weeks ago and they've stopped replying to my emails since.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭douglashyde

I've had multiple pins not work and had to repay for delivery. Additional weeks added to deliveries from Amazon.

I've rang them no answer.

I've opened multiple tickets. no answer.

They clearly don't have the capacity to handle the capacity.

If they've screwed you and wont answer or refund. Submit a chargeback with your bank. Enough red flags on their merchant account will flag them as an unreliable supplier with with Visa/Mastercard + get you your fee back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Simi

Three deliveries today. The first two were fine, went to collect the third one and was greeted with an empty locker(??).

Managed to get through to their customer service number and was told that they would examine CCTV to see if the driver put it in the wrong locker.......I know they are under pressure right now but I see a claim in the not too distant future for this:confused:

You couldn't throw up their customer service number? I got the text that mine was in the locker last week and when I went to collect the pin and qr code gave an error. It still says the package is stored.

I raised a ticket but there's been no response going on 5 days now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

If they've screwed you and wont answer or refund. Submit a chargeback with your bank. Enough red flags on their merchant account will flag them as an unreliable supplier with with Visa/Mastercard + get you your fee back.

Ok, this advice is actual gold.

I always top-up my account via PayPal so I raised a dispute on the last transaction I sent them. Had my missing item refunded in 12 minutes. Been chasing them since the start of October.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Beric Dondarrion

Simi wrote: »
    You couldn't throw up their customer service number? .

076 888 6677

There you go! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Joziburg wrote: »
    How are Parcel Motel doing these days, I’m expecting a parcel in the coming days.

I haven't used it in a long time, converted to DPD as delivery suited better and never had an issue. I've a packaged showing checked into dublin since Monday but no sign of it coming to the locker yet, I know its a busy time ect but they also have increased their price for the service aswell.

As an aside both the forwarders were used often for packages from China to the UK as it tended to be quicker than China to Ireland direct. Moving forward with customs how is it likely to work, eg package valued at €15 goes via royalmail/parcelforce first and misses customs, is it then up to PM to randomly select packages and assess for vat or check every one?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

5500 wrote: »
    I haven't used it in a long time, converted to DPD as delivery suited better and never had an issue. I've a packaged showing checked into dublin since Monday but no sign of it coming to the locker yet, I know its a busy time ect but they also have increased their price for the service aswell.

As an aside both the forwarders were used often for packages from China to the UK as it tended to be quicker than China to Ireland direct. Moving forward with customs how is it likely to work, eg package valued at €15 goes via royalmail/parcelforce first and misses customs, is it then up to PM to randomly select packages and assess for vat or check every one?

Parcel Motel do not deal with any parcel which has outstanding charges as far as I know. If anything is owed on the parcel they refuse to accept it.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Parcel Motel do not deal with any parcel which has outstanding charges as far as I know. If anything is owed on the parcel they refuse to accept it.

They won’t accept with outstanding charges, but Parcel Motel will accept packages from outside the EU, Parcel Wizard didn’t, to at least it was in their T&Cs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭LizardKing

I called today ... spoke to customer agent and she did a "search" then said she needed the order details invoice so they can do a "warehouse search" which can take 3 days. she sent me an email from the case I had opened and was replying to so it was all being logged just nobody responding to the case.

Its been 13 days now since it was delivered to them. I said why did you not do a warehouse search when I opened the lost parcel case, she said it needed the invoice info. They could have requested that via the case. I have sent this now via case email. I am not hopeful of it being found , Item was £109 so I will likely get max €100 back on a claim. I've used service since it opened up and first time I have had an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

So address pal emailed and basically said service is fecked.

Will same happen parcel motel regards brexit or have they a joker card up their sleeve?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

I dont mean non EU charges as such (although technically it is from 1st jan) eg item from China arrives to parcel motel with no charges, previously all is good and you get your package, but after 1st Jan will it be the same or treated then as an import from the UK and stopped for VAT at that point

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

If it's under the €26 threshold for VAT it would go through as normal. After July 1st the lower threshold will be removed, so everything will be liable from outside the EU. I don't think PM will keep the service to be honest unless they have a massive hike in charges. I can see it getting messy with people refusing stuff because they didn't expect charges etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Simi

whiterebel wrote: »
    If it's under the €26 threshold for VAT it would go through as normal. After July 1st the lower threshold will be removed, so everything will be liable from outside the EU. I don't think PM will keep the service to be honest unless they have a massive hike in charges. I can see it getting messy with people refusing stuff because they didn't expect charges etc.

I don't see how they can continue operating as is after Jan 1st. I'd say they'll get there money's worth over Xmas and either close off the Belfast address or wind down the service altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,494 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

They won’t accept with outstanding charges, but Parcel Motel will accept packages from outside the EU, Parcel Wizard didn’t, to at least it was in their T&Cs.

I guess PW were obviously unable to check the whole cage of items delivered by Royal Mail. Got small package that came from Japan (no duty/VAT due, so came with other stuff unnoticed, I guess), 2 weeks ago.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Post dumping a very dodgy review from another site deleted, again. Stop posting it here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Reading this thread is giving me very little hope that my recent issue is going to be resolved. Basically, they sent a parcel to somewhere that wasn't my usual delivery location, texted me to apologise and say they'd re-route it to the usual location. That was two weeks ago, and despite opening a case by email and waiting half an hour to get through to someone on the phone, there's no sign of it, so I presume they have lost it. Needless to say, as it was a birthday present from my brother, I'm not best pleased!! :mad:

Accoding to the parcel information when I log in to PM, the package is still in the locker at the mis-directed location, I even drove an hour out of my way to try and collect it from there but either the PIN just didn't work or the information hasn't been updated.

Also, related to this, the delivery location had changed on my Parcel Motel account after this package was mis-routed. I definitely didn't change it and despite changing it back, it has changed again at least twice since this happened. I even changed my Parcel Motel and it happened after I did that. Has anyone else seen this happen?

** EDIT ** OK, reading more of the thread I see the location thing is happening to others too....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

JG009 wrote: »

Will same happen parcel motel regards brexit or have they a joker card up their sleeve?

Address Pal finished?

sasta le wrote: »
    Address Pal finished?

No, its changing. If you go back a couple of pages it is explained.

• Advertisement

JG009 wrote: »

No they didn’t. They said it is changing the way they operate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Anyone ever have a problem with pin/quote code nothing working just keep getting error "something went wrong message" currently have 3 parcels sitting in their lockers

Anyone ber have an issue with pin/qr code not working on locker, currently have 3 all not working

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Anyone ever have a problem with pin/quote code nothing working just keep getting error "something went wrong message" currently have 3 parcels sitting in their lockers

Yes, a couple of weeks ago, exactly the same thing. I had to let it sit there and be taken back. It was put in a new locker a week later and i could collect it.

EDIT; Just went to collect a parcel an hour ago and wasn't able to get it - "mobile phone number or pin incorrect". Absolute rubbish i know my own number and had the pin in front of me. Just as well its not something i am in a hurry for.

tudderone wrote: »
    Yes, a couple of weeks ago, exactly the same thing. I had to let it sit there and be taken back. It was put in a new locker a week later and i could collect it.

EDIT; Just went to collect a parcel an hour ago and wasn't able to get it - "mobile phone number or pin incorrect". Absolute rubbish i know my own number and had the pin in front of me. Just as well its not something i am in a hurry for.

Yeah I'm not in a made rush just stupid they can't get the most basic part of the service right

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭thegift06

seem to be in the same boat as everyone else.
    Parcel delivered and signed for on Thursday 26th November.
    Received no updates on parcel motel side
    Created a support case but haven't had any update on it.
    Would be nice to know if I need to rebuy my Christmas gift again or hold out. Bit frustrating.
    I dont even care if they lost it. Just tell me, refund me and ill purchase it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭trackerman

No, its changing. If you go back a couple of pages it is explained.

End of the gravy train folks, AP is €6.50 per delivery + whatever VAT and duty customs decide.

Wonder what PM will do, they are ominously quite about the 1st Jan.
    Perhaps hoping to exploit a loophole being located in Northern Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

LizardKing wrote: »
    I called today ... spoke to customer agent and she did a "search" then said she needed the order details invoice so they can do a "warehouse search" which can take 3 days. she sent me an email from the case I had opened and was replying to so it was all being logged just nobody responding to the case.

Its been 13 days now since it was delivered to them. I said why did you not do a warehouse search when I opened the lost parcel case, she said it needed the invoice info. They could have requested that via the case. I have sent this now via case email. I am not hopeful of it being found , Item was £109 so I will likely get max €100 back on a claim. I've used service since it opened up and first time I have had an issue.

I'm in the same boat as you but my item has been in the warehouse for the last month. Only did the warehouse search yesterday.

My item cost €450 so I'm devestated right before Christmas. Massive hit to take.

I'm still holding out hope that it will be found.

I'm done with PM as a result at any rate. There is a serious problem in their warehouse that isn't being addressed.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

trackerman wrote: »
    End of the gravy train folks, AP is €6.50 per delivery + whatever VAT and duty customs decide.

Wonder what PM will do, they are ominously quite about the 1st Jan.
    Perhaps hoping to exploit a loophole being located in Northern Ireland.
    It's not entirely clear what the formalities will be for goods moving GB -> NI -> ROI but they will have to go through customs either on arrival in NI or on arrival in ROI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

Jeez lads €3.50 odd per package for a gaming chair roughly 90cm x 60cm x 60cm with dpd wizard delivered from curry's UK was great value
    Shame its ceasing to work from December 11th

Advertisement