Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas bonus, stamps running out

• 02-12-2020 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

I'm wondering if anyone could help me with this. I tried to contact my local office but couldn't get through to anyone. I lost my job in Feb (due to effects of Covid in Asia which hit the type of work I do). Didn't qualify for PUP sadly so claimed my stamps. My Jobseekers Benefit has just ran out so Ive been transferred to Jobseekers Allowance. Does anyone know if I'll qualify for the extra weekpayment at Christmas as I've moved payments etc. It would be a huge help with Christmas so hoping I do but unsure. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭wifey28

dashdoll wrote: »
    I'm wondering if anyone could help me with this. I tried to contact my local office but couldn't get through to anyone. I lost my job in Feb (due to effects of Covid in Asia which hit the type of work I do). Didn't qualify for PUP sadly so claimed my stamps. My Jobseekers Benefit has just ran out so Ive been transferred to Jobseekers Allowance. Does anyone know if I'll qualify for the extra weekpayment at Christmas as I've moved payments etc. It would be a huge help with Christmas so hoping I do but unsure. Thanks.

as far as i know you have to be on jobseekers 15 months to qualify for the bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

wifey28 wrote: »
    as far as i know you have to be on jobseekers 15 months to qualify for the bonus

Think they changed the rules for this year and if you are on it on 30 Nov you'll get it

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Think they changed the rules for this year and if you are on it on 30 Nov you'll get it

You have to be getting pup 17 weeks to get it this year , whether it's pup or other payments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,919 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

dashdoll wrote: »

Yes, they've changed criteria this year, normally it's a 15 month requirement which is waived this year to those on JSA/JSB for 17 weeks or over, so accordingly you should get it, payment is being made on the 8th December

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Hi, I was in a very similiar situation to you OP . I received my jobseekers benefit in February and it ended in August, I have been on Jobseekers allowance since, and no, i did not get any bonus unfortunately. unless I get it this week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,919 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Hi, I was in a very similiar situation to you OP . I received my jobseekers benefit in February and it ended in August, I have been on Jobseekers allowance since, and no, i did not get any bonus unfortunately. unless I get it this week?

Based on the length f time you were on JSB/JSA, you should qualify even without tge new criteria, fingers crossed :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

It's due to paid this week if your entitled to
    Then a double week on the 15 th if I remember correctly

If you getting Jobseekers Allowance or Jobseeker’s Benefit, you will qualify for a Christmas Bonus, if:

You have been getting your jobseeker’s payment (or a combination of qualifying payments) for at least 104 days
    And

You are getting Jobseeker’s Allowance for the week of 2 December 2020 to 8 December 2020 or you are getting Jobseeker’s Benefit for the week of 3 December 2020 to 9 December 2020

Advertisement