Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PUP Payment and xmas bonus

• 01-12-2020 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

MY pup payment hits my ulster bank account on Monday night ,i got 2 payments seperatly of my usual amount ,is this the xmas bonus as i thought it was not due till next week .anyone else get this ,i checked My Welfare but its not updated from 2 weeks ago .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

Sienna5050 wrote: »
    MY pup payment hits my ulster bank account on Monday night ,i got 2 payments seperatly of my usual amount ,is this the xmas bonus as i thought it was not due till next week .anyone else get this ,i checked My Welfare but its not updated from 2 weeks ago .

Most likely you got it early.

In any case you would notify the department if you got a further double payment wouldn't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

it could be arrears

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Waccamacca3

Don't pay arrears do they???

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭ttsnar

Its arrears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Bonus payment is next week (Dec 8th). I got my 2 weeks arrears this morning but it's not the full amount, it's an odd figure. Anyone else got less than they were expecting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Sienna5050

Seamai wrote: »
    Bonus payment is next week (Dec 8th). I got my 2 weeks arrears this morning but it's not the full amount, it's an odd figure. Anyone else got less than they were expecting?

Did it say arrears in My Welfare?

ttsnar wrote: »
    Its arrears.

Do you think it is ? i was due one week from March so i hope it is .

just checked Mywelfare.ITs updated its arrears :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,919 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Sienna5050 wrote: »

It's not your bonus, it arrears you may have been owed, Bonus next week

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Don't pay arrears do they???

Yes, well flagged over the past two weeks. There will however be delays for some who may have been on TWSS as there's additional complexities apparently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Seamai wrote: »

Yes 4 weeks owed at 350, received 552. Showing on my welfare as arrears due from 13th-26th March. Received my first payment on April 14th so not sure what way it's been worked out

• Registered Users Posts: 8,598 ✭✭✭shmeee

Many PUP recipient, present or ceased have received any arrests due today. Some as far back as March.

Christmas Bonus due next week.

Information will be announced on the payments later today at some point.

There's a number of threads on this, hopefully they can be merged.

So from what I'm seeing, not everyone is receiving arrears owed and some seeing part payment. It would seem they are staggering payments which is causing some confusion. Also just so people are aware, some people who were on TWSS may have arrears payment delayed, this is due to additional complexities around processing arrears for those who were on PUP, then TWSS and possibly on PUP again.

I'd advise anyone receiving arrears payments to take note of it for future reference if they have to query anything outstanding. I suspect its chaotic on helplines today so let the dust settle as it were.

As an aside, Im not sure if there's another developing issue, namely rate people are receiving for arrears, for example if you were on €350 at the time of arrears but payment was reduced since, what rate are you paid on arrears. Just something that people might need to query.

Also, Christmas Bonus is next week so not to be confused with any additional payments today.

shmeee wrote: »
    Many PUP recipient, present or ceased have received any arrests due today. Some as far back as March.

Christmas Bonus due next week.

Information will be announced on the payments later today at some point.

That would be helpful, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

I received a €203 payment this morning but haven't been on PUP since August when I went back to work. I did think I'd get one last PUP payment at the time but got an email saying that my empl6was putting me on TWSS and I couldn't be on both, so didn't get that payment. I assumed the payment was a mistaken Christmas bonus, but maybe not.

tscul32 wrote: »
    I received a €203 payment this morning but haven't been on PUP since August when I went back to work. I did think I'd get one last PUP payment at the time but got an email saying that my empl6was putting me on TWSS and I couldn't be on both, so didn't get that payment. I assumed the payment was a mistaken Christmas bonus, but maybe not.

No, it's likely a small amount of arrears owed between application date and time you went on TWSS, you would not qualify for Bonus (being paid next week) if you are not on PUP over the past few weeks and or had not accrued 17 weeks of PUP payment.

So it's arrears by the looks of it, alot of people off PUP are receiving any or some arrears that have been outstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Almost everyone I know got their arrears today. Im owed for four weeks and nothing. Can bet they'll dodge this for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Steviesol

I lost my job in hospitality sector first lockdown 13th march.

Because it was part time, I never applied for pup until end of June as I wasnt aware I was entitled to it. I began to get the 350 euro a week then until it was cut to 203..no problem.

Today I got arrears for 1 week 13th march until 18th march.. The amount 203 plus 203 weekly payment.. I requested arrears statement and it says they've checked everything and I'm only entitled to 1 week arrears. Even though there is still all of April and May I got no payment for.

Will this be sorted or do I need to query..?

Thanks

Steviesol wrote: »
    I lost my job in hospitality sector first lockdown 13th march.

Because it was part time, I never applied for pup until end of June as I wasnt aware I was entitled to it. I began to get the 350 euro a week then until it was cut to 203..no problem.

Today I got arrears for 1 week 13th march until 18th march.. The amount 203 plus 203 weekly payment.. I requested arrears statement and it says they've checked everything and I'm only entitled to 1 week arrears. Even though there is still all of April and May I got no payment for.

Will this be sorted or do I need to query..?

Thanks

Hi, firstly I'm quite surprised they've dated arrears for dates you were not even on PUP, this makes little sense to be honest.

More concerning is the fact I can not see them paying for any arrears for a period you were not on pup or claiming. I appreciate you were not aware of entitlement but SW historically only assess any possible arrears from the date of application. They've always advised immediate applications for any scheme they run.

My sense is the arrears date they've mentioned should have been for your first few days whilst application was being processed.

Another possible query is the amount of arrears you were paid, this is just an opinion but I would have thought if you were on €350 at the time of arrears, the arrears payment should reflect this, however I believe SW are actually paying arrears on claimants current rate (which in some cases is lower) , which seems unfair.

Bottom line however is (and I could be wrong), I can not see SW paying arrears for any period you were not actually claiming pup.

Almost everyone I know got their arrears today. Im owed for four weeks and nothing. Can bet they'll dodge this for me.

We're you on TWSS at any stage? , are you self employed?

SW have stated there are some delays for people who were on employer wage subsidy schemes, if self employed, I'm following another thread for PUP and self employed and not a single post today about any of the contributers receiving arrears today so maybe there's ongoing delays, processing of self employed arrears.

• Advertisement

Dempo1 wrote: »
    We're you on TWSS at any stage? , are you self employed?

SW have stated there are some delays for people who were on employer wage subsidy schemes, if self employed, I'm following another thread for PUP and self employed and not a single post today about any of the contributers receiving arrears today so maybe there's ongoing delays, processing of self employed arrears.

No sir. Im paye. I was actually signed back on in June after my site that opened on May closed again due to fears of covid. When I signed on I never got my pay off them and I was back working in 3 weeks but I never got any payment for the 3 weeks I was off

No sir. Im paye. I was actually signed back on in June after my site that opened on May closed again due to fears of covid. When I signed on I never got my pay off them and I was back working in 3 weeks but I never got any payment for the 3 weeks I was off

We're you on TWSS at any stage?

Dempo1 wrote: »
    We're you on TWSS at any stage?

No. We weren't kept on by that. I work agency work

No. We weren't kept on by that. I work agency work

OK, assuming you had submitted an application for PUP and received no payments for a period of time, during your time on PUP and prior to closing claim, it would seem you are owed arrears, however, options how to appeal or query this seem to be limited to contacting one phone number, which is listed. I've no doubt they'll seek proof of lay off, proof of no earnings during the period in question. If you have access to mywelfare portal, it should show you when payments started and you can request a payment history statement.

To be honest, on other threads, SW are not showing much flexibility when people have queried either smaller amount paid than expected or when no arrears have been paid. So, I don't think it be straightforward but you'll need to chase this.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mystic

Advertisement