Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Advice for managing accounts for start up business

• 19-11-2020 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi All

I am a Chartered Accountant with 3 years experience in audit and 3 years in a multinational.

My brother is a structural engineer with 15 years experience and has started up his own company as he has been inundated with requests from people to complete small projects. As of yet he has not completed any work for the company.

He would like me to look after the accounting side of things for him when he does start. I have the below questions for someone who will have more experience than me in starting up a business.

- What is the opinion on best cloud accounting software to use for a small Irish company starting up e.g xero, surf, Quickbooks etc.
    - Which software can handle producing financial statements in Irish
    GAAP.
    -Anything else I should be looking out for I am fairly up to date on the tax,CRO filing requirements etc but again my main question is which is the best option in terms of software for me to use to keep track of all this.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭marizpan

Xero or surf probably is your best bet in terms of cloud software.

But none of these will produce financial statements.
    For just one company probably best to use a word document template.

Very few disclosure requirements required for micro company’s anymore

Advertisement