Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Civil servant

• 28-11-2020 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi,

Can anyone advise me if as a worker in the Dept of Agriculture food and Marine I am entitled to any flat rate expense?

If so, do I claim it via my account on ROS online?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59,550 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

This page has a list of occupations (alphabetical order) for which a flat rate expense allowance is available.

https://www.revenue.ie/en/employing-people/employee-expenses/flat-rate-expense-allowances/index.aspx

For the Civil Service, there are limited allowances and they tend to apply to people employed in building/ engineering/ parks related roles, so it doesn't look promising for Agriculture & Marine staff.
    The page also outlines how you can claim the expense allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclette

Audioh8 wrote: »
    Hi,

Can anyone advise me if as a worker in the Dept of Agriculture food and Marine I am entitled to any flat rate expense?

If so, do I claim it via my account on ROS online?

Thanks in advance

But in another post, you claim to be an English Teacher on your first placement:

"English Teacher - help urgently needed
    Hey there and TIA,

I am currently on my first placement for post primary English and I am about to take over a class that are 270 odd pages deep into The Handmaid’s Tale

I feel completely overwhelmed and lost, I feel I have all these resources and theory learned from my first few months of college but lack the actual nous to carry out a lesson. I can’t even begin to think how I can start teaching a lesson, do I read? Do the students read? When do we discuss or take notes?

Is there anyone that could provide some help or guide me somewhere. I am talking basic fundamentals of carrying out a lesson."

Bit confusing. If you are just a standard CO or EO you won't be entitled to additional allowances. Why would you?

Advertisement