Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas DEADLINE spells death knell of Covid: Yuletide Liveline

Comments

Do they want to get married or have a wedding.

Jesus wept.

I get the let down but Christ on the cross.

Maybe I’m old school but I’d die of cringe if my husband went on to Joe Duffy complaining about not having hair and make up at our wedding.

WTF is this guys problem? Postponing the wedding because he can't have a live band? Am I hearing things?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,744 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Load of bo****ks some of those wedding bands won't even allow guests to go up for a song, im old school innit

Drunken singers that can't sing when they're sober?

They're quite right, too.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Fruit loop on now....

No, Ray doesn't start until 3.01-ish

wedontbuyit.eu is ripe for being hacked and redirected to OnlyFans.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,744 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Lovely button work, Darcy.

Even when things go right, he fecks it up.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,073 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Whoy does that ad assume people who buy sex have wives and children? Is it saying wives are bad at the sex once they have kids?

denartha wrote: »
    wedontbuyit.eu is ripe for being hacked and redirected to OnlyFans.com.

Oh dear lord. Oh Christ.

It's running on WordPress.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Jesus christ Ray!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Drunken singers that can't sing when they're sober?

They're quite right, too.

I've heard the best of singers "get up" at weddings, sadly its something thats dying out mainly because there are too many eegits around now who think they can sing after a few drinks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,909 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

There’s a wedding band assoc cartel ?!?!?!

Who knew!

fixed that !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,401 ✭✭✭boardise

NOBODY GIVES A FUK !. We're all in the same boat.

That would be the boat with the torn sail,the broken rudder and the hole below the waterline with a ring of circling fins around it . Aye aye cap'n.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Any good today? It's been a while since gold, hopefuly its comming soon. The three wise men brought some to the baby jesus in deh crib so maybe we can get some too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Anudder terrible week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Are they related to NWA?

Different colour Caller!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

BPKS wrote: »
    If the nurses are like the fellas going over the trenches during WW1, what is this fella like

in WW2 soldiers sometimes got married over the phone, especially Germans/Russians on the Eastern Front because there was no leave

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Clon63

gmisk wrote: »
    But an exception needs to be made...they are special...

Think it was so important that the mother was name checked for being from Killiney.

Reckon it could have been her neighbour on a while back who gave out about her wunderfulnsun being checked by the Gardai for urinating on the street after being on the piss in town when all the pubs were "closed".

Think Mammy mentioned that her friend git fined too. What a coincidence that both of their LEAP cards had both run short that very morning and unfortunately neither happened to be aware of it or hear the bing. Such a pity that they were able to fet through the barrier unchecked as otherwise they would gave known of this unfortunate oversight.

Just lucjy that when they are a bit older and paying the auld insurance they will be able to claim it all back if they dont make a claim, so to speak.

Was shocked that neither of them had special needs or were now seriously concerned about the impact on tbeir menral health.

Joe almost urging her to take a case for compebaation after being asked to confirm her name.

How could anybody think that Clodagh Britney Kardashian might not be a real birth name?

dvcireland wrote: »
    Professor Whacker...so to speak...or is it Dickie Boyd - Barret

Think he got his PHD in the same establishment as the caller with the PHD in Social Justice living near Connolly Station got hers.

Must check myself though he is a Trinity academic who no doubt inspires many maby wundetful students who become towering figures in our society, to a higher academic standard than the rest of us. Tge very people who are sought the world over such as our estemmed, articulate abd hughly educated host. Apparently he only turned down the BBCs call due to his wurking class wurk ethic. So he makes do on his miserly stipend from the underfunded state broadcaster so to speak.

That Prif didnt sound well at all. He reminded me a bit of the wunderful insoirational caller from earlier in the week with his horse in the flats except he was yeah every othervword instead if you know.

Kelly Ann ...nuff said

Ah feel so sorry for poor Kelly Ann. It must be a total mare for her.

It must have been so hard for her to break the devestating news to her bridespeople Jess, Sorcha. Amy (with an ie) and Sarah - Jane - Katelin.

Not to mention the Best Person XY (non binary).

Poor Eoghan McDermott was due to be MC and Cavistons of Glasstoooool are devastated by the reduced orders from the cut in numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Are they related to NWA?

Straight Outta Clontarf.

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    If you don't have at least a cover version of 'Money for Nothing' the legality of the ceremony might be challenged down the road.

How about the Deep Dish V Dire Straits “Flashing For Money” remix so to speak?

• Advertisement

Brian Scan wrote: »
    Yes, it's a brilliant thread.

When the Oxford Dictionary publishes its definition of sarcasm next year, they will use the above post as an example.

Roger_007 wrote: »
    It’s official folks............on planet Duffy, fare-dodging is OK.

Well considering he thinks drink driving is fine this is something less egregious to be excusing so to speak.

Read the thread backwards as usual, it makes more sense that way so to speak.

Worth listening back to? Hard to tell from the thread. Southsiders unable to get married due to lack of make up artists and wedding bands (and the groom’s testicles it seems) sounds like it had potential?

I’m listening back to the Southsiders. Ffs he played the song.

They’re so deluded and entitled both sets of parents must work in RTÉ, which would make sense actually and explain how they got on air.

I turned it off. Too many flashbacks for me so to speak. The put on D4 Dort accent is almost as bad as the wurkin class accent so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Got married back in early October, small gig in Kilkenny in a registry office and then to the hotel with fourteen immediate family for a meal. Don't know about stage 5, but with stage 3 you could travel to another county for the purpose of getting married. Myself and the wife to be were traveling from Carlow in my vintage car, we were stopped by the guards alright on the outskirts of KK by a guard who said 'that's a flakin car! Where ye off to?', ehh, to get married. We had a fantastic day, no pressure and good fun.

We may still have a bigger gathering come April, we'll see how things go. I've read many accounts on a FB page I follow of people who had the small intimate wedding, cut the numbers from 200+ down to 25 and had the best day ever, it's what you make of it. So listening to that twat yesterday was really annoying, another one of these 'it has to be!', 'so unfair' types, get on with it, adapt or reschedule, ye're not the only ones that are inconvenienced and that's all it is, an inconvinience.

SpitfireIV wrote: »
    Got married back in early October, small gig in Kilkenny in a registry office and then to the hotel with fourteen immediate family for a meal. Don't know about stage 5, but with stage 3 you could travel to another county for the purpose of getting married. Myself and the wife to be were traveling from Carlow in my vintage car, we were stopped by the guards alright on the outskirts of KK by a guard who said 'that's a flakin car! Where ye off to?', ehh, to get married. We had a fantastic day, no pressure and good fun.

We may still have a bigger gathering come April, we'll see how things go. I've read many accounts on a FB page I follow of people who had the small intimate wedding, cut the numbers from 200+ down to 25 and had the best day ever, it's what you make of it. So listening to that twat yesterday was really annoying, another one of these 'it has to be!', 'so unfair' types, get on with it, adapt or reschedule, ye're not the only ones that are inconvenienced and that's all it is, an inconvinience.

This type of positivity, getting on with things, and logic are not welcome on air. WHOY did you have a nice day? Could you not have thrown a strop and b*tched and moaned like Kelly Ann and the self-proclaimed fairly well off Neal/Neil? Ireland needs more whingers and moaners, not less.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,300 ✭✭✭✭zell12

CCTV reveals up to 45 were at RTÉ event An examination of footage from the event on November 12

It's a disgrace, Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Halenvaneddie

zell12 wrote: »
    CCTV reveals up to 45 were at RTÉ event An examination of footage from the event on November 12

It's a disgrace, Joe
    I’m sure nobody hugged, shared spoons or the GRAVY boat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

I deserve to get the vaccine first Joe.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement