Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can I reclaim import tax

• 04-12-2020 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

I bought a necklace on eBay and paid over €100 import tax. The item I bought was not as described so I have returned it. Am I able to get a refund of the import tax or is it a write off?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,014 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

In principle you can reclaim tariffs if goods you import are re-exported. In practice you may need to register as a trader to do this (I'm not sure about that) and there are documentation requirements that you need to complete when re-exporting the goods, so if you have already sent the necklace back it may be too late.

But don't take my word for it. If you contact the Revenue they'll know what you can do.

Advertisement