Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Halo:The Master Chief Collection

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,134 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah honestly I think this has also sold it for me too. The thoughts of having all 4 multiplayer set ups in one package is too good to turn down.

Having access to the halo 5 beta will be great too, fact they're doing a beta at all is a good sign for halo 5.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Can't wait for this. Big Halo fan, and the thought of all of the multiplayers (+ beta!) for XBox One is making me very excited.

Bring it on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The only reason so far to make me think about the consoles. What a package.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

Its a long video, there's some good stuff in it though, they explain how a lot of things are going to work, also show the changes made to ascension and say that coagulation is going to be another remade map

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,134 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Halo 5 multiplayer will have to be pretty epic to drag me away from that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Cannot wait :)

Haven't played 4 in ages, must get back in to it before this arrives.

Zanzibar

sdcc-2014-halo-2-anniversary-zanzibar-power-mad-1024x576.jpg

Ascension

H2Ascension.jpg

Coagulation (no in game shots yet)

RTX-2014-Halo-2-Anniversary-Coagulation-Concept-Art-Expanse-jpg.jpg

Ooooh Last Resort! <3

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Dades wrote: »
    Ooooh Last Resort! <3

That's what it will always be to me too. :D

I think i'm the only fan of the map, but I cant wait for some Big Team Battle on Headlong :)

• Advertisement

i had to google it, it's been so long since I played it! Great map, just bought a 42" 1080p Full HD tv in preparation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Mainly a halo 3 player myself so looking forward to The pit, guardian, valhalla, epitaph.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭e92335i

Sold - I'm buying an xbox one for this alone, thought this would only happen at Halo 5 release.

Will H3 have ranked multi-player?
    Will the game support lan?

It would be amazing to get all the friends together for a Lan and jump from game to game recreating those epic memory's over the past 12+ years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Xbox id in sig- feel free to add lads, can't wait for this

They just confirmed at gamescom there'll be Halo 2 type skill based ranks in the MSC .

Can you begin using your old skill level from the 360 version, I wonder?

Can you begin using your old skill level from the 360 version, I wonder?

They didn't mention that so I doubt it, would have been a nice feature though. I think the skill rank will cover the whole multi-player in this than just Halo 2 anyway.

Not sure I'd be able to live up my old rank anyway!

Good to see the system in place at all though.

Not sure I'd be able to live up my old rank anyway!

Good to see the system in place at all though.

Yeah it was something which was sorely lacking in 4, even though they tried to implement it on waypoint, having to go look up people's ranks online was a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

yeah it was the best system definitely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭Corvo

Really looking forward to this. As a gamer who can sometimes step away from the console for long periods of time, I eventually fell of the Halo train and did not continue on with the series. Can't wait to get my hands on this.

i lost it after halo 3 i think, I got halo 4 though and while skeptical at first I actually grew to love it in the end

preordered halo there, now just waiting to see the best offer on an xbox between now and then

Argos are doing an amazing deal right now where you can get the console plus two games for €379.99.

I really can't see this being beaten.

just bought it, thanks!

she said there were ten people in today to buy it, and thats in ashbourne :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Argos are doing an amazing deal right now where you can get the console plus two games for €379.99.

I really can't see this being beaten.

Dammit, out of stock everywhere now. Still Halo is the deciding factor for me so I'll be getting an Xbox One this week for certain now.

Dammit, out of stock everywhere now. Still Halo is the deciding factor for me so I'll be getting an Xbox One this week for certain now.

You sure? Still showing up as in stock most stores for me. Where you looking to get it?

Great deal.

i have to pick up destiny on friday

now to figure out if I open my games or trade them

IvoryTower wrote: »
    just bought it, thanks!

she said there were ten people in today to buy it, and thats in ashbourne :)
    Other Boardsies who spotted this in the Bargain Alerts forum no doubt!

Enjoy. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

maximoose wrote: »
    You sure? Still showing up as in stock most stores for me. Where you looking to get it?

Great deal.

Everywhere on the southside of Dublin apart from Tallaght and they close at 6pm. They can all order it in for the weekend but that's too damn long to wait!

Advertisement