Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Car insurance, nct & licence disc holder

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭golondrinas1

They believe now after a number of years millions is lost each year. It was originally done as a cost savings exercise..... Could you imagine here, the cops would have to actually work

I beg your pardon , during a recent audit one Garda was signed off as having worked 70 hours in the previous 85. There's effort for ya.,

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭golondrinas1

Fair point on the learner sticker, could be a fully licenced driver in the car during the week and teaching the learner on the weekends just ! Dunno how you get around that one though.
    Don't forget the N plates too

The gardai are quick to show off on twitter though their newer computers built into their cars automatically reading plates and also their mobile app where they can input a reg etc.

I remember hearing the same stories years ago of lads throwing in a different insurance disc into the window and getting away with it despite the incorrect reg. Going the digital way will stop a few bits of fraud and I think really should save money, shouldn't it save on admin etc not sending out certs etc ?

Amazing another one from where I am now, I have a 2008 car and the service book is empty. scratched my head at that, instead there's a government website / database that gets updated everytime the car sees a garage, milages updated, services etc, even noticed my car 4 years ago went in for a puncture repair and they uploaded that information ! And milage !

The irish do lack behind in many places it seems, and these wouldn't be unrealistic measures or very costly either

I bought an English car recently. I got into the computer to register my phone for hands free and to delete previous owners records etc. I even found out where he used to park his car from his digital records. Lesson -- plan your next drive by carefully ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 7 norbias

www.discholder.ie have plain white or black

Post edited by norbias on

• Registered Users Posts: 51,109 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Mr Price or Dealz are selling them for something like €1.50 or €2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Confirmed!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement