Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sourcing an Amorak or Ranger up North for farm work any dealer recommendations?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭Grueller

Mad_maxx wrote: »

To be fair that's not old enough to know if they are durable enough or not though. I only think of buying a jeep when it gets to about 8 years old.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

perhaps im mistaken and you are referring to a commercial SWB but a three year old landcruiser ( five seater ) costs the same as a brand new Ford Ranger 3.2 wildtrak

a 2.2 ranger should not be considered IMO

a cousin of mine has a 3.2 ,he says its the best pick up he has ever driven and he,s owned hilux before

I'd be comparing it too a commercial Land Cruiser which isn't exactly comparing like with like I know. I'd only need 2 seats so a crewcab isn't much of an advantage to me and the extra turning area required is more of a hindrance than anything. The 3.2 are getting very popular locally and are supposed to be very powerful but I thought they weren't without there faults and were considered thirsty enough to run. The problem with the 3 year old Land Cruiser atm is that it isn't much cheaper than a brand new one but that's another story.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

Why not just get a high Spec Nissan Navara. Will be more comfortable than the other crewcabs as it has independent rear suspension rather than leaf's like the rest. Would need to be the newer shape (16+) so it does not have the rear bed rust issues.

We bought a 6 month old one from the North and saved around 15k in 2016. High spec with leather and auto box, was a very good jeep to be fair

In fairness the newer ones would want to be substantially ahead of the older model which seemed to have an endless list of faults with snapping in two being the most prominent one. I see very little newer type Navaras locally which tells it's own story although Tom Regan seems to be importing a few lately going by donedeal. They seem more popular in England although that's probably because there one of the lower priced pickups to buy new.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

https://pickupand4x4.co.uk/nissan-navara-to-be-axed-in-the-uk-as-facelift-cancelled/

No more Navara by the looks of it:
    As a facelifted Navara goes on sale around the world, Professional Pickup & 4×4 has learned that Nissan is withdrawing the popular pickup truck from sale in the UK and Europe
    However, an entirely new Navara is expected in 2025, based on the next-generation Mitsubishi L200 platform and, while unlikely, it remains a possibility that this could be introduced in the UK and Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Why not just get a high Spec Nissan Navara. Will be more comfortable than the other crewcabs as it has independent rear suspension rather than leaf's like the rest. Would need to be the newer shape (16+) so it does not have the rear bed rust issues.

We bought a 6 month old one from the North and saved around 15k in 2016. High spec with leather and auto box, was a very good jeep to be fair

dead as a dodo compared to a 3.2 ford ranger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭enricoh

DBK1 wrote: »
    The problem with the 3 year old land cruisers is they are the same price as a new land cruiser as well.

A friend of mine went to buy one last week. Waiting time for a new one is 6-8 months. There was a few clean second hands in the dealers yard so he enquired about them.

A 2 year old with 20k km on it was €4000 dearer than the new one, same spec. A 1 yr old with 48k km on it was only €1,500 less than the new one. He said to the salesman “sure that’s crazy, how could they be worth that?” “They can’t be got so that’s what they’re making” was the reply and “if you don’t want to pay that there’s no problem, the next lad in will.”

Sounds like we're back in the Celtic tiger! What could possibly go wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭DBK1

enricoh wrote: »
    Unfortunately that’s what it’s looking like alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

enricoh wrote: »

I'd welcome a property crash... I'm on the hunt for a house lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Herself had the 3.2 ranger home from the garage this evening. A different drive to the 2 litre ranger. Definitely geared differently. Serious towing power id say

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Vinnymcdonnell

dead as a dodo compared to a 3.2 ford ranger

We never had any issues with ours pulling loads. We always had landcruiser’s prior to the Navara and compared to them it was as good. Great pickup from our point of view anyway and was reliable.

The problem with the new pickup’s though is the size of them, they are big b@stards on small roads and for parking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Was in getting the hilux tested, 41k for the 2.4, 45 for the 2.8 basic models. 82k for landcruiser with seats!! Think vet is 27k on new landcruisers..I'd get 9k for my 08, prob best option buying new as heard of alad buying a 3 year old hilux that engine went after it was traded in from some dodgy salesmen.. with no servicing..

Advertisement