Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

External student mature applicants

• 19-01-2021 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi all , I’m applying as an external student to sit the leaving cert when the application is open online.
    This will be the first time I hopefully sit the exam. I left school after my junior cert after a family tragedy.
    I’ve emailed examinations.ie and they told me this won’t be a problem just to speak to a school/centre that will allow me sit my exam. My question is, if it goes on calculated grades again this year , would they look to my junior cert results or just cancel my application. I have asked this but still heard nothing back from examinations.ie and the department of education.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Are you attending any classes?
    Will any teachers be supervising practical work for you (History/Geog etc.)?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Healing vibes

spurious wrote: »
    Are you attending any classes?
    Will any teachers be supervising practical work for you (History/Geog etc.)?

Apologies only saw this reply now , I’ve been studying independently at home , working full time parent.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

What happened people in your situation in 2020 was that they sat the actual written exams in November as there was nothing to base calculated grades on.

Contact a local school if you are doing any subjects that need a teacher to attest it is your work (e.g. History/Geography).

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Healing vibes

spurious wrote: »
    What happened people in your situation in 2020 was that they sat the actual written exams in November as there was nothing to base calculated grades on.

Contact a local school if you are doing any subjects that need a teacher to attest it is your work (e.g. History/Geography).

That’s great , thank you .

Advertisement