Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get booking for 2022

• 12-01-2021 8:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    It seems people's bookings for accommodation this year are been forwarded to next year. I was rambling through apartments and hotels in a few ski resorts and a lot of places booked out for next year.get on next year's ski trip fast.
    I could be wrong and it just the places I've searched but no harm have a look.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Macdarack wrote: »
    Hi all
    It seems people's bookings for accommodation this year are been forwarded to next year. I was rambling through apartments and hotels in a few ski resorts and a lot of places booked out for next year.get on next year's ski trip fast.
    I could be wrong and it just the places I've searched but no harm have a look.

Had a quick look on Crystal there and I'm not seeing much for 2022.

Where are you looking?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭trashcan

I’ve two trips now deferred to 2022. Missing out this year is a total pain. See Varadkar this morning is saying there is no guarantee that international travel will be back by Christmas. This seems bonkers if they are saying the aim is to have all vaccinations done by September. I know that’s probably unlikely, but if vaccinations are by and large complete by Christmas, Why wouldn’t there be travel ? If vaccinations don’t get us back to normal, then what is the point ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭a148pro

I don't know what his reasoning for that is, particularly if he is not advocating zero covid. Would like to hear it because it was a pretty stark announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭maddness

I’ve booked flight for December skiing. Something to look forward to I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭kal7

Looking to book for 2022. I always do it myself, not a tour operator.

on the comparsion site 96% of properties usualy for rental not up yet, for 2022 Jan.

I have directly emailed a residence to see when they allow booking from.

Missing my annual trip badly.

• Advertisement

I got an email from Crystalski today saying they are cancelling all of this seasons holidays and encouraging me to book for next season.
    I haven’t booked with them for about ten years though!

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

I'm lucky enough to still be working but when I'm not, I'm still dreaming of the next trip to the snow. Nothing beats the freedom of the mountains.

Playing with the idea of an early December solo trip to Tignes and some intensive lessons. To get ready for 2022!

Of course, things will need to be safe enough to travel and travel within the rules set out. But if the vaccination programme is successful this summer I don't see why it can't happen. Great results from a couple of countries so far and now we are seeing results from healthcare workers here coming through.

On the prices/availability, I noted that our usual hotel in Mayrhofen, the Strass, seems to be unavailable for a lot of dates, but was wondering if that's just because it's not loaded up yet vs. totally booked out already.

We also looked at NYE for some high altitude resorts but man, those prices are steep.

On the prices/availability, I noted that our usual hotel in Mayrhofen, the Strass, seems to be unavailable for a lot of dates, but was wondering if that's just because it's not loaded up yet vs. totally booked out already.

That could be due to people deferring bookings from this year.

I was due to be flying out tomorrow week. Consoling (or maybe torturing ?) myself with YouTube videos of Westendorf at the moment :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭a148pro

Are you booking sat to sat or sun to sun? Some places won't take a three or four day booking in advance they want to hold out for the week booking

• Registered Users Posts: 13,318 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

We're finally ready to take a punt on booking for January. Mother of god, prices in Austria are eye-watering. 2 grand pp for accommodation alone in San Anton for the week of the 2nd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭tmh106

Dial Hard wrote: »
    We're finally ready to take a punt on booking for January. Mother of god, prices in Austria are eye-watering. 2 grand pp for accommodation alone in San Anton for the week of the 2nd.

Thinking of Austria as well. From a very quick look, some weeks seem more expensive than others. Is that likely to be down to the number of bookings that have already been made for those weeks (i.e. les capacity, so prices go up) or are there some weeks that are always more expensive because there is just more demand for those weeks for some reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,318 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Oh some dates are more popular for sure. We were looking at the week starting Jan 2nd, which is one of the most popular as people are extending their Christmas holidays. We ended up booking Trysil in Norway instead. Flights and accommodation (in the Radisson) for €680. Obviously food and drinks are going to be a lot more expensive than Austria but given we were looking at about 2.5k for the week there, that'll buy a lot of grub.

Dial Hard wrote: »

Kind of related to my earlier post on this thread - when I couldn't see many rooms available, and there were some high prices on offer. But things seem to have changed now - more rooms loaded up for booking maybe.... anyway I saw some really good prices for the decent hotels in Mayrhofen with Crystal. But they're for the week after you're looking, 8th, 15th, 22nd. The prices are lower than what I've seen for the dame dates in the last few years.

St Anton has always been more expensive of course, but if you have some flexibility on location/dates you might find something less eye watering.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Christmas booked 10 days in France - booked hotel 6 weeks ago so got a good price - Hôtel Grandes Rousses,
    Alpe d’Huez - will book flights closer to the time ..

cocker5 wrote: »
    Christmas booked 10 days in France - booked hotel 6 weeks ago so got a good price - Hôtel Grandes Rousses,
    Alpe d’Huez - will book flights closer to the time ..

Nice hotel in a great location. Alpe d’Huez is great too.

maddness wrote: »
    Nice hotel in a great location. Alpe d’Huez is great too.

Thanks a first for us - usually Austria (st anton, saalbach, isghcl, mayerhofen etc) and after getting shafted in ichgl in March 2020 I’ll be avoiding them for years to come ..

Any tips would be greatly appreciated?

It’s been about 10 years since my last trip there but I remember the mountain very well.
    What level of skiers are you all?

maddness wrote: »
    It’s been about 10 years since my last trip there but I remember the mountain very well.
    What level of skiers are you all?

Thanks for coming back to me!

We’re intermediate.. skied all over Austria (mainly reds, blacks on a good day) a done about 15 trips so far .. usually between 7-10 days at a time - and tips would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Martina123

Have just booked accommodation for Westendorf for January 15th for one week. Just wondering if anyone can recommend the most economical way to get from Salzburg airport to Westendorf. Any advice welcomed.
    Many thanks
    Linda

cocker5 wrote: »
    Thanks for coming back to me!

We’re intermediate.. skied all over Austria (mainly reds, blacks on a good day) a done about 15 trips so far .. usually between 7-10 days at a time - and tips would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

You’ll be grand so, plenty of variety but nothing to difficult at all really. Plenty of lovely reds for cruising along and the glacier too. When you go up to the top of the glacier there is the famous 16kms long Sarenne Bakck run. It’s steep in places but almost flat is places towards the end of the piste, still a great long ski though. If you take a right turn after the initial steep section you can go through a tunnel to an un pisted run called Tunnel! It’s fantastic.
    Over the other side there are lovely long easy blue and reds down towards Vaujany and Oz. The best thing compared to Austria is the height, it’s great to beat able to ski from 3300 meters down to 1800.
    The town is compact enough and there are a few good bars but it is France so beer and food is expensive. There is a large swimming pool in the centre of town with saunas etc. I can’t remember the names of most but Smythys tavern was great for casual food and pints.

• Advertisement

Martina123 wrote: »
    Have just booked accommodation for Westendorf for January 15th for one week. Just wondering if anyone can recommend the most economical way to get from Salzburg airport to Westendorf. Any advice welcomed.
    Many thanks
    Linda

I’m a regular in Westendorf, love the place. I’ll be there the previous week, from the 8th (restrictions permitting of course) Have always gone with Topflight, so coach from the airport is included. There is a train station just outside the village, so I’d imagine you can get the train from Salzburg. Would need a taxi to the village.

Where are you staying ? The Hotel Post, and The Jakobwirt are both good. Jakobwirts cellar bar is great, if you want something reasonably quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

I see Ryanair are no longer flying to Memmingen on Saturdays but instead are flying on Fridays and Sundays

Bit of a headscratcher that one

booked flight to Geneva, and acommodation for end jan 2022, in Grand massif France.

prices slightly more than before for flight and apartment, but only by less than 100 euro for both.

Hoping it will all go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

kal7 wrote: »
    booked flight to geneva, and acommodation for end jan 2022.

prices slightly nore than before but only by less than 100 euro for both.

Suisse will be open for skiing whatever happens. As long as this end is OK

kal7 wrote: »
    booked flight to Geneva, and acommodation for end jan 2022, in Grand massif France.

prices slightly more than before for flight and apartment, but only by less than 100 euro for both.

Mind if I ask where you're staying? We would love to go to Les Carroz as a base but unsure if it will have good cover in Jan. I know Flaine is supposed to be quite snowsure as higher. :)

Random banter, we have for last 6 times stayed in Flaine.

Best of the snow, in my opinion, and less queue to get over to flaine bowel.

Suits our group as never too far from meeting up.

We do head over to les carroz etc, but those some lower slopes get ropey if warm or less coverage so we stay higher up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭blue note

This board is a great resource. It was great before my first trip and wherever you want to go you can get great pieces of advice, whether it's the runs or the bars to go to or even where to book and how to get there.

I won't be booking again for a couple of years I imagine, but I expect I'll be here to run my plans by you all before I go again!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Kander

Andorra (Pas de la casa) booked for Jan 2022. This will feel like the longest 7 months till we fly :D

Hey everyone, welcome back. Thought this would be a good place to ask if anyone has any opinions on St Anton in early April? From what I am reading, the majority of people say it's a good time to go, perhaps a little soft on lower slopes in the afternoon, but still great to go.

We are looking for something in the first weeks of April, probably a package, to a resort with decent snow and extensive ski area. Something outside of the Tignes & Val Thorens. Either France or Austria. Would welcome any reccos from fellow boardsies :)

(p.s. and of course the stickler - we're trying not to break the bank... St Anton is the best value I've seen so far for this week).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Have booked Hinterglemm again for Jan 2022. The later Jan weeks were all booked up by June/July! Having issues with flights to Salzburg/Munich - they're either sold out or ridiculously expensive. Might do one stop with BA vis LHR.

Advertisement