Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Paddy Power Irish Lotto Special

Options
  • 27-12-2020 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

The Paddy Power App has an Irish Lotto special where you can bet on whether a certain number is odd or even. I bet that the sixth number in the main draw would be odd. The sixth number drawn was 41 which is an odd number(Saturday December 26th). But Paddy Power is saying this is incorrect, the sixth number drawn was 28 according to their rules which are based on "numerical order". I messaged them about this but they just apologised and said they understood it can be confusing. Can anyone explain this to me? Is it something simple I'm missing here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Keith 110 wrote: »
    The Paddy Power App has an Irish Lotto special where you can bet on whether a certain number is odd or even. I bet that the sixth number in the main draw would be odd. The sixth number drawn was 41 which is an odd number(Saturday December 26th). But Paddy Power is saying this is incorrect, the sixth number drawn was 28 according to their rules which are based on "numerical order". I messaged them about this but they just apologised and said they understood it can be confusing. Can anyone explain this to me? Is it something simple I'm missing here?

They are betting on the order of the numbers drawn.
    No 28 was the last number drawn but when you are looking at the results, it will show it in sequence from lowest to highest number drawn.
    Unfortunately this means your bet is a loser as 28 was the last/6th number drawn and so was even.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Keith 110

okidoki987 wrote: »
    They are betting on the order of the numbers drawn.
    No 28 was the last number drawn but when you are looking at the results, it will show it in sequence from lowest to highest number drawn.
    Unfortunately this means your bet is a loser as 28 was the last/6th number drawn and so was even.

Yes, thanks, I just realised that after I watched a recording of the draw on RTÉ Player. It wasn't explained to me very well when I messaged Paddy Power. They said they had confusion from other players in the past. They should probably explain it a bit better on their App before people place bets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

The market is called the "6th Ball Drawn" - your confusion is directly as a result of the fact that you weren't watching the balls as they were drawn, and nothing to do with poor explanation on PP's part.

Advertisement