Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland tour of West Indies 2020

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,156 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Simi Singh - the Little Magician

7 down, 90 needed

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Leaving more balls than Geoffrey Boycott

Ah lads, I don't want to beat them via Duckworth Lewis :pac:

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,156 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Leaving more balls than Geoffrey Boycott
    Trying to put on a Yorkshire accent then slagging Sir Geoffrey...

....y'no now't lad - y'no now't!! - never forget the 1965 Gillette Cup final Man O't Match ar Geoffrey

• Registered Users Posts: 24,758 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The fielding has just got a little untidy the last couple of overs, gotta keep it together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

These two going well 50 stand, 198-7

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭liamoreilly

...Big wicket to get back into it...

200-8

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

200/8 back in with a chance here.

Ah lads, Alzari Joseph averages 34 in ODIs

Please tell me its a lot of not outs :pac:

• Advertisement

High score of 29*, 6 of 10 not out.

Rankin 1/36 off 10. 20 needed.

6 to win, last man in

...yikes...2 boundaries then a wicket in 3 balls... 6 runs needed, we need to get cottrell!!!...

...Ugh, could not have been closer ever to a wicket...

...FFS, absolutely blew it there in the 2nd last ball, simple simple catch to run him out...

Unlucky defeat, better effort than the first game

An abomination of a decision. The greatest non train robbery in history

Glad I went to bed at that last rain break now....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,971 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I turned it off when Pollard started hitting it out of the ground. Not sure if I'm happy or disappointed Ireland ran them so close in the end.

• Advertisement

I turned it off when Pollard started hitting it out of the ground. Not sure if I'm happy or disappointed Ireland ran them so close in the end.

Think you got to be happy, the ohhh close yet so far away part, is frustrating, especially having been on top and in control of the game for so long but... here you are now watching an Ireland cricket team, capable of beating the West Indies out on their own patch. In fact came within two deliveries of doing so.. I never thought I’d be typing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

Pushing the WI right to the end of the game, Hats off to balbo brilliant captaincy

• Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

West Indies win toss and put Ireland in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭VillaMad

Bad start for Ireland with both openers gone.

Stirling never got going while McCollum started well but drove a ball which was on the up and it was an easy catch.

Very good pitch. Ireland have a lot of work to do.

15 overs in and the run rate is under 3. Singles really only appear to be the only way to trouble the scorers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭VillaMad

Porterfield out lbw to a full ball by Chase. 51/3 in the 18th over and Ireland going nowhere at the moment.

We seem to struggle a bit when it’s full and straight, then again two bad shortish deliveries down leg side and what should have been 8 runs only was 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

A run a ball here will give us 230-240 and make a game of it. Pity we threw a few wickets away early on

BOHtox wrote: »
    A run a ball here will give us 230-240 and make a game of it. Pity we threw a few wickets away early on

240 is probably realistic. Being 5 down already I don’t think it gives the players much leeway to go too attacking. Punish the bad deliveries and keep the strike rotating..

• Advertisement

Another wicket thrown away, he was well set, very well set, looking towards a hundred playing well then a lazy loose shot.

Advertisement