Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DJ Khalid

• 21-05-2019 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

What does he do other than continuously say his name and shout ‘let’s go’

Maybe he has it nailed and we should praise him for being a genius.
    Personally I think he’s totally useless.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

It's his signature on his songs.

He's a different type of producer that what we are used to. I don't think he makes the music, possibly has some involvement, but he'd give an idea, work with beat makers to make a track. Then he'd get different artists together that are 'in' at that time on the same track.
    So he pulls everything together to produce music that way.

There are a few other that take this approach, most notably Dr. Dre, Timbaland has a team now, Puffy had a team back in the day.

Defo not useless and has managed to pull popular musicians together to make music.

In saying that, he's new album is nothing spectacular in my eyes/ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Dr Dre has one of the best albums of all time.
    I would never compare his work to the shame that is DJ Khalid - 'Lets go'

I personally think he is just a public figure that has a bit of back - I doubt he actually produces anything. His 'team' will come up with a couple of sample tracks and he will approve (Basically like a manager at work)
    He will then suggest artists to collab with - who ever will make the most bank and make if 10-15% slide of the pie all the sweeter.

I know I asked the original question but in reality I know exactly what he does - Sweet F all.

F you DJ fake a$$ khalid.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'm not comparing albums at all, I'm comparing production methods.
    Khaled is like the producer and the A&R all together. It's his niche in music and has been successful in it.
    He has financial baking which has obviously made it easier for him, and he has used social media to promote himself fairly well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

I accept your points but think He's still an absolute talentless clown.

I watched a few of his latest music videos the other day - the big puddin' head on him rolling around in the background.
    I'm embarrassed for his Ma.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 vulchor

0/10

Just don`t like him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

What does he do other than continuously say his name and shout ‘let’s go’

Maybe he has it nailed and we should praise him for being a genius.
    Personally I think he’s totally useless.

Someone should tell DJ Khaled there's a similar artist ripping him off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 NinaGood

I am not his fan, but he's not bad producer and music writer. Just my humble opinion.

Advertisement