Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Golf Tips Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Ouch.

as i said when you posted him originally earlier this week i just can't take to the bloke and i know he's a major winner etc but to me there's too much going on in his swing to trust him as a betting prop any week.
    If ever he was going to be up there you would this was the week giving local knowledge/recent form/past form/bit windy but no show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

2 rounds to go bobbut looking good fr a 50/1 winner

jjll wrote: »
    2 rounds to go bobbut looking good fr a 50/1 winner

yeah but the web.com is tough,never get ahead of myself with 2 to go,same with Rose,had a little on Jimmy Walker @25/1.
    The one i'm most afrid of is Ben Martin,he's going to make it big on the us tour in time,had not played the par5's great this week but he's playing best tee to green by some way

Wind suppose to get to 30 kph which could keep everything close bit merritt is one i would fear he started well 3under throu 3

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭freethearmy

JJ Henry leader after round 3 25/1 have somr of that!!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Tiger finally goes to the top. One more solid round please. After Keegan Bradley's first round he has come back brilliantly to be in a large group within about 4 shots of Tiger, he hit every fairway today, I can see him having another good round tomorrow and getting a place. Bradley at 40/1 is definitely worth a pick for The Masters. He was 50/1 for The Masters this morning, sick I didn't get on at that price. Have him backed at 40s now as I think a good round tomorrow and his price might drop a little more.

Might look at scott fr masters been playing a few rounds with ernie there

Dangerous weather in Florida so play is suspended. Hopefully it won't be too long. Both my picks looking good.

Treveo immelman saying play could be over today and might revert to 54 hole placings

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭fatherbuzcagney

backed olesen w/o tiger @10/1 e/w 1,2,3, for interest for night, need rose and few more to sh1te themselves to make few quid.....

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Sure, only a bit a wind and rain. Gosh!

Was hoping to collect money tonight :(

Tiger wins :)

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Arnold Palmer Invitational

- Tiger Woods @ 3/1 (2.0 Pts WIN ONLY) Tiger has to be backed this week. 3/1 is short but I am confident he will have a good week at an event that he has won 7 times. And with McIlroy not playing I am sure Tiger will want to close the gap to get back to #1 in the world.

- Keegan Bradley @ 30/1 (1.0 Pts E/W) He is having a good year and has already placed twice for me this season, I think he is very close to a win, he has only played here once before in 2011 and had a bad time when he missed the cut. He is a different player now and if he has a good week with the putter then he will be right in contention.

A win and a place. Happy with that obviously. I'm more confused now ahead of the Masters though. Don't like Tigers fade and it will not suit Augusta.

Morroco is terrible field have to go francesco tweeted earlier driving and irons are great putting improving the greens here are like crazy golf theres a par 3 were the hole stays in same place all 4 days as it is so uneven

A win and a place. Happy with that obviously. I'm more confused now ahead of the Masters though. Don't like Tigers fade and it will not suit Augusta.

Well done yaya fade def not suit masters look at kaymar

Well done yaya fade def not suit masters look at kaymar

yeah but Kaymer can't hit a stinger like Tiger which he can hit straight of a bit of draw,that said anyone who was considering backing Tiger this year should have got on long ago

And although I say Tigers fade or miss to the right won't suit Augusta if he putts like he has so far this year he will be up there again. He bet opponents up with his putter in his prime and he's doing it again now.

And although I say Tigers fade or miss to the right won't suit Augusta if he putts like he has so far this year he will be up there again. He bet opponents up with his putter in his prime and he's doing it again now.

i agree,and you defo can't ever compare him and Kaymer.
    If you know where to hit it at Augusta you can spray it a fair bit,that said i won't be backing him.
    A fourball of Hunter mahon off the tee and Tiger finishing holes off would be unbeatable.I just think Hunter may not have the balls to win at Augusta but i do think he'll go well.

i agree,and you defo can't ever compare him and Kaymer.
    If you know where to hit it at Augusta you can spray it a fair bit,that said i won't be backing him.
    A fourball of Hunter mahon off the tee and Tiger finishing holes off would be unbeatable.I just think Hunter may not have the balls to win at Augusta but i do think he'll go well.

And Tiger knows where to hit it, and he knows the greens better than anyone, he is at 3/1 again, thats a little short for me at Augusta.

I still think Keegan Bradley will go well, will be having a good look at him again this week in the Shell Houston Open, will have a small bet on him @ 14/1 too. Shell will also be a good test and a guide for a few other players before the Masters including, McIlroy, Mickelson, Snedeker, Mahan, Westwood and Oosthuizen.

Someone who didn't play this week and won't be playing in Houston is Matt Kuchar. At 30/1 I think he is a great bet. He had a very good showing last year finishing T3. He has also played here the last few years so knows the place pretty well.

And Tiger knows where to hit it, and he knows the greens better than anyone, he is at 3/1 again, thats a little short for me at Augusta.

I still think Keegan Bradley will go well, will be having a good look at him again this week in the Shell Houston Open, will have a small bet on him @ 14/1 too. Shell will also be a good test and a guide for a few other players before the Masters including, McIlroy, Mickelson, Snedeker, Mahan, Westwood and Oosthuizen.

Someone who didn't play this week and won't be playing in Houston is Matt Kuchar. At 30/1 I think he is a great bet. He had a very good showing last year finishing T3. He has also played here the last few years so knows the place pretty well.

i have Kucher backed from Jan at 60/1,posted on the gamblin forum somewhere.Would be happy with a place,he's another one who could do with a lend of Tiger's balls

• Advertisement

i have Kucher backed from Jan at 60/1,posted on the gamblin forum somewhere.Would be happy with a place,he's another one who could do with a lend of Tiger's balls

Very nice. He has to be confident after his start to the season. Hopefully he is hiding away somewhere fine tuning his game to suit Augusta.

Im saying kaymar tried to learn to fade everything to make masters cut but failed miserably and went back to old swing never meant to compare him and tiger il prob do betting without tiger fr masters

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

The SHELL HOUSTON OPEN this week.

I'm expecting Phil Mickelson to pick up the winners cheque this week and can't believe he is 16/1.

So if you fancy him for Augusta then get on before this week as his price will tumble.

Im saying kaymar tried to learn to fade everything to make masters cut but failed miserably and went back to old swing never meant to compare him and tiger il prob do betting without tiger fr masters

if i'm not mistakin Kaymer has always been a natural fader,he was trying to hit a draw with his driver to suit the masters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

fangee wrote: »
    The SHELL HOUSTON OPEN this week.

I'm expecting Phil Mickelson to pick up the winners cheque this week and can't believe he is 16/1.

So if you fancy him for Augusta then get on before this week as his price will tumble.

That's not the first time I've heard that. He won the Shell in 2011 and then was allowed to go off at a crazy 6-1 for the masters. I think he then missed the cut.

I think Chris Kirk will play well this week. Might be worth a dabble at 66-1

That's not the first time I've heard that. He won the Shell in 2011 and then was allowed to go off at a crazy 6-1 for the masters. I think he then missed the cut.

Phil hasn't missed the cut at augusta since 1994,in 2011 he was T27.

if you look back at his form at augusta,i can see why the bookies went so short,he must look forward to this week more than any other every year.

Shell Houston Open
    Going for a few outsiders and 2 fancied players.
    Roberto Castro Top 20 6/1

Luke Gutrie @80/1 e/w,this guy will win this year(imo),the web.com is a great breading ground.Last year he played 10 times there, figures were 2,3,10,6,MC,1,1,MC,48,9.
    He also came 3rd in the Honda already this year also.
    He is destined for great things,this week is a bit of an unknown quantity but at that price i cant ignore it.

Hunter @17/1 (Betpack do enhanced win only odds)
    Louis Oost @28/1 e/w,hope he can bounce back on a course that suits his skills perfectly.

Also added Senden @70/1 e/w,my local bookies doing top 6 places.happy days

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

I'm not sure what you mean ?

Kirk is being tipped by a lot of people this week elsewhere too.. interesting :)

Keegan Bradley @ 14/1 - Current form we all know about and finished 4th on this track last year. Essential backing this week.

Thorbjorn Olesen @ 50/1 - promised myself after last season I'd back him more this season, but I haven't.. till now. Played well last week and his progression up the ranks is noteworthy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Mahan & Mickelson both @ 16s will do for me this week as ew bets. First 6 places on offer with some bookies. Hopefully, will be in with a chance of a profit come Sunday.

Advertisement