21-10-2012, 02:39   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtyturd View Post
It could benefit from another read but right now the thought of that is very off putting. Any series that has to dedicate nearly two full issues to exposition is doing something wrong.
ah read it again, it's actually decent... i had problems with Marvel Zombies though, bored me a little
Advertisement
21-10-2012, 17:02   #152
Turtyturd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thwip! View Post
ah read it again, it's actually decent... i had problems with Marvel Zombies though, bored me a little
I have already read that so don't think I will bother again, it really is a product of it's time. Now Zombies have replaced shiney vampires as flavour of the month and it seems pretty stale....also the fact that it has had 12 sequels at this stage doesn't do it any favours.

I enjoyed Daredevil, although it could have done without Captain America in the final issue. And I am always disappointed that when I read a storyline that I have heard/read a lot about in magazines like Wizard, that it actually transpires so quickly in the storyline. I like slow building stories and it would have been nice to see the breakdown of Daredevil transpire over a much longer time period. Didn't detract from my enjoyment too much though.

I reckon She-Hulk will be next up for me.
21-10-2012, 20:59   #153
brianregan09

I liked Disassembled Really good i thought good way of rebooting the avengers and giving Wanda something to do even if it is just to go mental lol
21-10-2012, 22:43   #154

She-Hulk is awesome, Slott nails it

and Brian i just couldnt get into disassembled, Fincher's layouts threw me out of the story
25-10-2012, 13:48   #155
Turtyturd

So I might be nit picking but at the end of Avengers Forever how do the good Avengers know who the bad Avengers are...and the bad Avengers know who the good ones are?
Advertisement
02-12-2012, 11:14   #156
Turtyturd

Just finished 'Welcome Back Frank'.

Ennis is such a one trick pony it's not even funny, good thing he is good at that trick.

It's Preacher lite but still enjoyable, looking forward to the second part.
02-12-2012, 11:43   #157

Quote:

Ennis is such a one trick pony it's not even funny, good thing he is good at that trick.

I thought it was ok, not a big dillon fan tbh, but it was different
02-12-2012, 11:57   #158
Fysh

For my money the best thing Ennis + Dillon ever did was the Heartland one-shot about Kit Ryan. I often find Ennis to be a bit one-note, and Dillon's female characters almost all look the same - but they both nailed their craft in this story; if you don't appreciate it you've a heart made of stone.
02-12-2012, 13:01   #159
Turtyturd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thwip! View Post
I thought it was ok, not a big dillon fan tbh, but it was different
I am not the biggest Dillon fan myself, his art just looks very static and has little movement in it. Kinda reminds me a little of Frank Quitely although I much prefer Quitely's.
Advertisement
03-12-2012, 10:58   #160
mayordenis

Mod: WIT, ZTest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fysh View Post
For my money the best thing Ennis + Dillon ever did was the Heartland one-shot about Kit Ryan. I often find Ennis to be a bit one-note, and Dillon's female characters almost all look the same - but they both nailed their craft in this story; if you don't appreciate it you've a heart made of stone.
Heart made of land more like. Amirite?
(2) thanks from:
03-12-2012, 11:29   #161
Fysh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayordenis View Post
Heart made of land more like. Amirite?
*rimshot*

That was dreadful
Thanks from:
09-12-2012, 02:12   #162
BlaasForRafa

Quote:

Ennis's work on Battlefields/Enemy Ace/War Stories is so much better than his other stuff that its unreal, just a pity not as many people read them.
17-12-2012, 13:09   #163

Thoughts on Secret Wars Part 1 anyone?
21-12-2012, 17:35   #164
BlaasForRafa

Quote:
I am not the biggest Dillon fan myself, his art just looks very static and has little movement in it. Kinda reminds me a little of Frank Quitely although I much prefer Quitely's.
Dillon's art seems to have continually regressed the longer he's worked in america. The stuff he did for Judge Dredd and Rogue Trooper for 2000AD in the early/mid-80's was phenomenal.
21-12-2012, 22:12   #165
Turtyturd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaasForRafa View Post
Dillon's art seems to have continually regressed the longer he's worked in america. The stuff he did for Judge Dredd and Rogue Trooper for 2000AD in the early/mid-80's was phenomenal.

The only real Dredd Artists that stick out for me are Ezquerra, and Brian Bolland. Although i am sure if I seen Dillon's work I would recognize it...it just seems so flat and lacking any sense of movement in 'Welcome back Frank'.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion