Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GalwayLAN XXII Signups

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

No joy, nothing doing, heart broken I am. :(

I just can't understand it, the hardware appears to be fine as I can run Xubuntu on the machine without any problems, it just will not load or allow me to install Windows :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Squareyes

Kharn wrote: »
    No joy, nothing doing, heart broken I am. :(

I just can't understand it, the hardware appears to be fine as I can run Xubuntu on the machine without any problems, it just will not load or allow me to install Windows :(

What are the symptoms? Where is it going wrong?

If you can give me your system details it would help figure out the problem.

Well, it's ALIVE!!! Long story short, the hard disks thought they were 1TB and not 500GB and so Windows wouldn't install. So I'll see ye Friday! ;)

*wanders off to get COD4 and Orange Box and any other game he's missed out on in the last 6 months*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

the hard disks thought they were 1TB and not 500G

Hah, neat trick ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

Well, it's ALIVE!!! Long story short, the hard disks thought they were 1TB and not 500GB and so Windows wouldn't install. So I'll see ye Friday! ;)

*wanders off to get COD4 and Orange Box and any other game he's missed out on in the last 6 months*

whey!!

Get fortress forever too... il bring installs and il be batin people with sticks till we game of it goin to show ye how superior it is to this tf2 tripe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

WP Kharn.

I'm still out of this one unfortunately, got my first A+ exam the following week. :(

Bummer, but good luck with it! :)

Strat - I've got 2 500GB drives that need filling with stuff anyway having lost everything. Is Jeff going? I'll need that FTP server!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

Huzzah!

As has been mentioned, there will be gaming during the day! everything else can happen at night. This will hopefully cater to both sides of the scales.

only 3 days to go :D

Are only 16 people signed up for this? Is there some other registration besides lanparty?

nope, just lanparty.ie

• Advertisement

Do more people generally turn up on the night?

well we have a group of regulars, about 8 - 10 that will turn up when informed but i don't know what they're position is for this LAN.

Sure if you know anyone who might like to come along then invite them.
    If I find out about the others then I'll post here.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭electrofelix

Any particular reason that COD4 was removed from the list and changed to COD2?

I've got my fingers crossed that I can get the ClamAV scan sorted over night so that I can present you guys with a 'no windows virus on my linux box' report :D

no idea, especially since we are currently playing COD4 :D

Well, that was a savage LAN as always. All the competitions, and the prizes (my €300's going down a treat with the credit card people)! It's a shame there weren't more people there to avail of it. The COD4 was great craic and then the Gun Game stuff was good for the LULZ

Thanks lads for the making it happen, p00k for my lift down and amp for my lift back up ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭electrofelix

hear, hear!

As usual GL ticked all the necessary boxes for me.

Some good games, a bit of crack, and getting killed a couple of hundred times :p

Oh, and playing COD4 on linux was the icing on the cake :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

No, sorry. This thread was for a lan back in March 2008.

Can you lock this thread please pook.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

achievement-locked-underwear.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement