16-02-2021, 20:24   #3781
kona

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk View Post
I honestly can't believe I'm having this conversation in an airline forum. I would hope most people in the airline industry would understand the need for proper training and certification. This suggestion is the equivalent of someone saying couldn't a 737 pilot just jump in the cockpit of a A350 and fly it without a type rating!
You would be very suprised at some aspects of aviation and approvals the 737max would be one example.
My suggestion is not like saying a 737 pilot could jump into a a350 and fly it without a type. Its more like saying why cant a person who already has training, not be given a specific course to just administer vaccines.

Doctors, nurses, firemen, paramedics all have better things to be doing than jabbing the entire population. Having a team of maybe 20 trained people overseen by a fully trained doctor to supervise and run a centre would be a better use of resources.

Last edited by kona; 16-02-2021 at 20:29.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
16-02-2021, 23:27   #3782
donkey balls

PHECC is the independent statuary body for pre hospital care, Akin to the nurses doctors bodies etc. It oversees the clinical training and examinations of EMT Paramedics and advance Paramedics.
As one of the above I have being contacted about the roll out of the vaccination programme along with other medical personnel from other backgrounds(Midwife pharmacists &physio)
Unfortunately no one below the grades above can administer an IM injection and must be currently registered with their practising body.
(2) thanks from:
17-02-2021, 08:03   #3783
Noxegon

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey balls View Post
PHECC is the independent statuary body for pre hospital care.
What a wonderful acronym.
17-02-2021, 09:05   #3784
donkey balls

Sure is when I first started training 10 years ago people said is the person who came up with the name a Father Ted fan, On a more serious note the e mail i received regarding the vaccinations are for the recruitment in the Greater Dublin area and surrounding counties.
Hopefully they get the ball rolling and get people back to normality.
(4) thanks from:
19-02-2021, 12:51   #3785
plodder

Kieran Cuddihy was talking to a furloughed airline pilot on "The hard shoulder" on Newstalk yesterday evening about the difficulties in keeping ratings current and how pilots are working other jobs to make ends meet etc. If anyone is interested, it's on their website.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
19-02-2021, 14:47   #3786
PommieBast

Quote:
Originally Posted by plodder View Post
Kieran Cuddihy was talking to a furloughed airline pilot on "The hard shoulder" on Newstalk yesterday evening about the difficulties in keeping ratings current and how pilots are working other jobs to make ends meet etc. If anyone is interested, it's on their website.
Bit of a tangent but I have wondered what that does to the business case of the 737 Max, which basically hinged on not needing type rating training..
19-02-2021, 15:46   #3787
plodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PommieBast View Post
Bit of a tangent but I have wondered what that does to the business case of the 737 Max, which basically hinged on not needing type rating training..
I presume you'd still need to keep the NG(?) rating current and with the same limited amount of flying time. So, not sure what difference it makes.
25-02-2021, 19:53   #3788
Tenger

IT article about Norwegian. They had 80 Airbus ordered. They have lost the deposits and have to pay 700K, presumably as a fine/cancellation fee.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/...94036?mode=amp

"The troubled Scandinavian carrier and four Irish subsidiaries have High Court protection from creditors................
.......... the airline had agreed terms of a consent order to cancel an order for 88 Airbus aircraft.
Under those terms, the European aerospace giant will keep pre-payments while NAS will pay it a further €700,000.
The order included 30 Airbus A321 long-range aircraft. NAS is axing its long-haul business to focus on Scandinavia and the rest of Europe as part of its restructuring"

I'm sure those 30 slots will be eagerly snapped up. IAG would be a likely customer as they want/need them AND have liquidity to do so.

Last edited by Tenger; 26-02-2021 at 13:38.
25-02-2021, 19:55   #3789
L1011

Better to have a cleaner, realistic order book
Thanks from:
Advertisement
25-02-2021, 20:31   #3790
haphaphap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenger View Post
I'm sure those 30 slots will be eagerly snapped up. IAG would be a likely customer as they want/need them AND have liquidity to do so.
I don't agree with that at all. With IAG having an LOI on 737 Maxes and so many lease companies having too many airframes with no customers the last thing IAG should be doing is looking eager and approaching Airbus. They can even re-negotiate current leases downwards because the lease companies are in such a tight spot.
Airbus will have to be put in a position where they are begging to even be allowed give a quote.
26-02-2021, 00:49   #3791
john boye

Quote:
Originally Posted by haphaphap View Post
I don't agree with that at all. With IAG having an LOI on 737 Maxes and so many lease companies having too many airframes with no customers the last thing IAG should be doing is looking eager and approaching Airbus. They can even re-negotiate current leases downwards because the lease companies are in such a tight spot.
Airbus will have to be put in a position where they are begging to even be allowed give a quote.
That LOI for the max is almost 2 years old. At what point do we just accept that it'll never happen?
Thanks from:
26-02-2021, 08:24   #3792
haphaphap

Quote:
Originally Posted by john boye View Post
That LOI for the max is almost 2 years old. At what point do we just accept that it'll never happen?
when it stops being an effective negotiating tool.
26-02-2021, 09:17   #3793
L1011

It's not an effective negotiating tool when the other side know it's a sham.
(3) thanks from:
26-02-2021, 10:12   #3794
haphaphap

A 737Max may be less desirable than a Neo but the economics are similar and a mixed fleet operation like IAG could easily introduce them in to their operations so it isn't a sham but Airbus would be more realistically worried about the many hundreds of Airbus planes which are already in existence seeking new homes.
26-02-2021, 13:22   #3795
Chris_5339762

Cork Airport have announced a twice-weekly flight to Frankfurt with Lufthansa beginning this summer. This is huge for Cork, as this now links Cork directly in with Lufthansas entire network.

Yes, Covid and all that, I still don't think Tony et al will let us fly this summer but it proves the interest is there and if not this summer, then next summer. Zurich (with Swiss) is available for this summer too.

It leads weight to my own theory that there will be a massive recovery in flight when all this is over, as everyone will hop on the nearest plane to somewhere, anywhere. Whether that is this year or next.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion