Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aer Lingus Fleet/ Routes Discussion Pt 2 (ALL possible routes included)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

Perfect...exactly how IAG view their passengers :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

LiamaDelta wrote: »
    Perfect...exactly how IAG view their passengers :D

SLF

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 63 ✭✭flange888

I always smile when people use that term! Reality is Cargo is much less hassle to load!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭donkey balls

flange888 wrote: »
    I always smile when people use that term! Reality is Cargo is much less hassle to load!

And doesn't talk back either unless it's livestock.

Picture on the "aviationtag" Facebook page showing the B757 in the desert with abut chunk of roof missing.
    I know 2-3 people who bought the luggage tags

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Tenger wrote: »
    Picture on the "aviationtag" Facebook page showing the B757 in the desert with abut chunk of roof missing.
    I know 2-3 people who bought the luggage tags

Was gonna buy one... but they were never really EI frames so opted not to! Have a Cathay 747 already weighing down my keys anyway haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

Aer Lingus has been granted provisional DOT approval for their Manchester operation, full approval expected when the airline receives its UK AOC which is expected at the end of month.

Aer Lingus argued that flights should be allowed on sale while it awaits the UK AOC due to the current market conditions, this was granted.

https://www.regulations.gov/document/DOT-OST-2020-0250-0006

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Would anyone happen to have a sense of whether the winter timetable is set in stone? EI showing no Saturday departures to Geneva in December at the moment.

Would anyone happen to have a sense of whether the winter timetable is set in stone? EI showing no Saturday departures to Geneva in December at the moment.

I doubt that anything is set in stone at the moment.

I would guess that EI are hoping to operate a vastly reduced schedule for winter 21/22. (Was Geneva usually normally operated in winter, have no idea myself)
    Let’s say they manage to operate 40-50% for Q3 then I would expect similar over the winter season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

At this time, don't bet on anything more than 14 days ahead currently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

At this time, don't bet on anything more than 14 days ahead currently.

For sure, definitely just speculating at the mo.
    Tenger wrote:
    I would guess that EI are hoping to operate a vastly reduced schedule for winter 21/22. (Was Geneva usually normally operated in winter, have no idea myself)
    Let’s say they manage to operate 40-50% for Q3 then I would expect similar over the winter season.

Cheers both for the above. Just trying to speculatively plan some things for when things are opened up, which for all our sakes I hope they will be by then.

EI operate a number of Geneva flights usually in winter, and I can see 3x a day for Saturdays in January so I guess this must be a demand thing right now for the December schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Shamrockj

I think it was usually more or less every day and then for the ski season it would be increased around January / February

• Registered Users Posts: 17,542 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Well for Winter 2019/20 the schedule (pre-covid) between the end of October and the end of March was:

Aer Lingus:

MoWeFr throughout
    Tue and Sat from mid-December
    Sat from mid-December; second and third flights from late December
    Thu from start of January
    Sun throughout (with a second flight from mid-December)

SWISS:
    Thu and Sun throughout
    Sat from late December

Second flight for the soon to be EI-LRH or G-EILH is currently underway. The aircraft, test reg D-AVZL, departed Hamburg Finkenwerder about 15 minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭NH2013

The latest addition to the Aer Lingus fleet A7-AEM just landed in Dublin 2 hours ago in full Aer Lingus livery to be re registered EI-EIL, ex-Qatar A330-300.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Noxegon

They hardly need it at this point....

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Noxegon wrote: »
    They hardly need it at this point....

I'm sure its on very favorable terms and allow them phase out the -200s.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭NH2013

That’d be my guess, they’ve added 4 new A330-300s in the past year (EIK, EIL, EIM, EIN), they could use those to replace the 4 remaining -200’s (EWR already gone, LAX, DAA, DUO, GEY remain).

An all A330-300 fleet you go from 4 seating configs to 2 which simplifies things as each -200 appeared to be different. You then get a long haul -300 HGW which has 4 seats less than the regular -300.

Also gets you more seats in business which had been going really well for EI, 7 more seats thats a lot revenue.

Will there be an demand is the question?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,401 ✭✭✭✭cson

An all A330-300 fleet you go from 4 seating configs to 2 which simplifies things as each -200 appeared to be different. You then get a long haul -300 HGW which has 4 seats less than the regular -300.

Also gets you more seats in business which had been going really well for EI, 7 more seats thats a lot revenue.

Will there be an demand is the question?

Question of when, rather than if. Summer 2021 looks like a write off unfortunately but 2022 should be very strong.

The US3 all reporting very strong domestic bookings over the past 6 weeks at the JPM investor conference this week, they all appear to be pretty bullish on short term domestic and medium term long haul. Worth noting that Bastian went on record to say DL would have been in a tight spot without Government intervention.

• Advertisement

Nice surprise to see another A333 joining the fleet. I'd agree with those saying it's likely to facilitate the replacement of the -200 fleet, can't see any of those aircraft returning at this point.

When they can start getting full use of these new additions is another question!

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Nibs05

Noticed EI-GAJ heading to ATL, I guess cargo ?

Thats cargo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Nibs05 wrote: »
    Noticed EI-GAJ heading to ATL, I guess cargo ?

Yep, few more ATL's planned for the next few weeks. MUC also operated this morning, STR for the next couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,632 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Noxegon wrote: »

From that article
    Interestingly, due to regulatory reasons, tickets may not be purchased for departures FROM the United States. Only UK-originating passengers are allowed to travel.

Surely that would affect the long term viability of these flights? Or is it a short term issue?

IngazZagni wrote: »
    Surely that would affect the long term viability of these flights? Or is it a short term issue?

I imagine there's enough outbound demand to fill them.

The first few may come back empty, but after that I daresay they'll be jammed.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

IngazZagni wrote: »
    From that article

It’s because EI don’t have fifth freedom rights but I’d imagine you can book JFK-MAN-JFK with the outbound leg being JFK-DUB-MAN then back direct from MAN!

Advertisement