Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Covid Vaccine for the housebound?

• 25-02-2021 10:14pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Posting here as the main Covid-19 thread gets a bit swamped.

For the housebound, i.e. for instance the eldery who are unable to get to their GP's, are people aware of any plans in place? I've seen numerous news reports and spoken to people on the HSE contact number that re-iterate the phrase "No one will be left behind". However neither HSE or the GPs are seemingly aware of any timetable or who is to drive this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,018 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I did see a reference to using the AstraZeneca vaccine for the home bound as it was easier to transport. No special plan details though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My parents, both under 85, have been told "two weeks" by their GP.
    I am unsure if this is simply a rote answer or genuine.

An awful lot of the planning is pretty ad-hoc, oddly enough, and I don't expect our elderly to be getting the Astrazeneca due to the lack of adequate testing with people in that age group.
    As a result, it will be more likely one of the others, such as the Pfizer one, that will be used and their supply will be much improved through March.
    As that demographic is the next to be vaccinated, I would expect a date to be given, by their GP, to attend a vaccination centre and receive it, the call before St Patricks Day I imagine.
    If someone is housebound, a community-led vaccination team will come around to households and administer the jab, the GP will inform the team of the need.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭horse7

Has my consultant got a way to get me priority for the covid vaccine.(rhumitoid arthritis/immuno suppressed /aged 61)?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,018 ✭✭✭✭looksee

There is a list here
    https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/people-at-higher-risk.html
    which I think are the indicators for getting priority vaccination.

horse7 wrote: »
    Has my consultant got a way to get me priority for the covid vaccine.(rhumitoid arthritis/immuno suppressed /aged 61)?

In the other thread you are 64.

Skip by howe much? A week? Your group is being called now anyway

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

As an update to any in a similar situation: The Ambulance service in a phone call gave a two day window which the vaccine will be administered. They mentioned that there will be another phone call one hour before they arrive to confirm the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

I don't put any trust in them. NAS called my phone the morning of my Mother's funeral to say they were on their way to vaccinate her. I got a second call at lunch time confirming we were at home.....

Advertisement