Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Renewal query

Options
  • 16-02-2021 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭

I am with AXA and got a renewal quote of 700

I can't shop around as my car is 20 years old so loads of places won't take me

Checked AXA insurance online and got a quote of 590.

I am.insured through a broker and I know when I show them.this they will say that the AXA quote is for new customers only. Any way around this?
    Can I leave my insurance for a day and then sign up again for AXA as a new customer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭Miscreant

I am with AXA and got a renewal quote of 700

I can't shop around as my car is 20 years old so loads of places won't take me

Checked AXA insurance online and got a quote of 590.

I am.insured through a broker and I know when I show them.this they will say that the AXA quote is for new customers only. Any way around this?
    Can I leave my insurance for a day and then sign up again for AXA as a new customer?

Definitely show your broker this quote and let them do the leg work for you (as they should be doing anyway). They should be able to contact AXA on your behalf and discuss the situation and the fact you have a cheaper quote directly with them as a "new" customer and see if it can be matched.
    Otherwise, you may be able to dump your broker and go directly with AXA instead? A quick phone call to AXA would settle that for you either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,563 ✭✭✭zg3409

There is a thread on insurance for older cars. There may be other options
    E.g. liberty

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showthread.php?t=2057675907&page=56

Advertisement