Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MF 390

• 07-02-2014 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi,
    Have a mf 390t. i am after getting all lights working but now id like to get into the more nitty gritty....
    none of the warning lights on the dash are working... it looks like a nightmare in there..., had a wee peep!!

any suggestions where to start, this is all new to me??

thanks for reading

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

have you any bulbs working atall

AFAIK these dashes can be send off to be repaired, any MF dealer who sold them should have the dash test bench

• Registered Users Posts: 31 FORD 4000

the charging light and the head light light is working and sometimes the 4wd...
    also the temp guage doesnt work.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Is the HML bulbs working...might just be LEDs...4wd bulb on/off implies that either you have 4wd trouble or lose connections.....are your clocks working on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭sandydan

there are two looms going into back of dash and fairly fragile contacts that are covered in gunk usually and are easily cleaned.4 bolts holds on dash remove them and adjust steering back fully and remove dash , it usually gets stuck at base so take it easy and you remove looms gently, you cant mix them up and clean contacts thoroughly,they can prevent tractor charging and starting if bad enough especially the bottom loom . i think if you remove wire from temp sender unit the temp gauge will read high.
    a chap from Kerry,sells secondhand dash units. i rang him a few times for advice on sorting a dash in 390.- the high beam was on with switch turned off- found him very helpful . he sells looms as well and cab parts at reasonable prices. I saw his ad in done deal a while back,

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Jeo John

Just wondering if you still have the number for that lad in Kerry my dashboard giving trouble fuel gauge working and temperature ok speedometer comes to life when it likes only one bulb working full beem . I took out the dash and give the connections a clean didn't seem to do any good

• Advertisement
Advertisement