Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Open 2020

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Great final lads. Judd battled hard all week and has proven once more why he is the World Num 1. Tough on Robbo but to the victor goes the spoils.

Judd being magnanimous - reckons Robbo was the best player.
    Good sportsmanship there from the number 1.

The Home Nations have been a great addition to the snooker calender. I would like to attend one or more of them for a few days when/if things ever get back to normal. Whatever normal means anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,332 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

The Home Nations have been a great addition to the snooker calender. I would like to attend one or more of them for a few days when/if things ever get back to normal. Whatever normal means anymore.

Waterfront is a good venue. As Ronnie and Judd were saying themselves there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭weemcd

Waterfront is a good venue. As Ronnie and Judd were saying themselves there.

Oh I could have easily went to it last year, walked past the Waterfront with my mate one day when we probably could have got tickets. Now we're in 2020 and I'll be going nowhere!

BTW Trump and Robertson are two class acts, two absolute gents. Couldn't begrudge either of them a win ever.

Ronnie was gushing about both players form, Judd's overall game and Robertson's cueing in particular, said he had the best cue action of all time, absolutely no question about it. High praise indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,824 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Thargor wrote: »
    No crowd in Snooker is somehow worse than football, really annoying me there, sucked a lot of the enjoyment out of it.

I've gotten used to it at this stage. I think I'll actually find it kinda strange whenever they allow crowds back into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭TheHopeful

Really enjoyable final and tournament. Can't beat the tight matches!

Rothko wrote: »
    I've gotten used to it at this stage. I think I'll actually find it kinda strange whenever they allow crowds back into it.

Yea its mad how quick people adapt to new things. I thought the football or GAA would be much the poorer without crowds. Now i barely even notice. If the action is good on the field you get caught up in it. We're used to crowds all our lives so when they do come back it wont take long to feel its normal again i'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Empty stands in GAA is nothing out of the ordinary but its wrecking my head in everything else.

Advertisement