Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squawk as you see fit (Off Topic Thread)

• 25-04-2013 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

Welcome to the off topic thread please remain civil but post anything non aviation aircraft related.

A big congratulation's to Phonypony who came up with the name of the thread.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Boobs!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I don't know what a tracker mortgage is..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭brandon_flowers

This is a drop off zone only.... :mad::mad::mad:

Most annoying announcement ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

I don't like Lee Evans, but this reminds me of the trek from T1 to Pier D...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

This is a drop off zone only.... :mad::mad::mad:

Most annoying announcement ever.

Female announcer: The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the red zone.
    Male announcer: The red zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the white zone.
    Female announcer: No, the white zone is for loading of passengers and there is no stopping in a RED zone.
    Male announcer: The red zone has always been for loading and unloading of passengers. There's never stopping in a white zone.
    Female announcer: Don't you tell me which zone is for loading, and which zone is for stopping!
    Male announcer: Listen Betty, don't start up with your white zone **** again.

Male announcer: There's just no stopping in a white zone.
    Female announcer: Oh really, Vernon? Why pretend, we both know perfectly well what this is about. You want me to have an abortion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,168 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I wonder will this thread TAKE OFF.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭Bsal

Why is the end of the cereal box always small crumbs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

Bsal wrote: »
    Why is the end of the cereal box always small crumbs :(

Ah but if your like me ya often find more cereal that slipped between the bag :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,948 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Zonda999 wrote: »
    I don't know what a tracker mortgage is..
    I didn't know what an Interest-Only mortgage was - despite the name - before I had it explained to me. Then I was like "why the hell would you want to do that? Are you deluded?" This was back in 2007, too ...

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

I wonder will this thread TAKE OFF.

no sign of it stalling so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,716 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

We're allowed use non aviation parlance in here right?

Or do i have to apply for departure clearance before leaving work?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

I absolutely refuse to post in this thread...oh wait...ahhh sh!t :(

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭BrakePad

Treadhead wrote: »
    no sign of it stalling so far...

it's still in ground effect

• Registered Users Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭Zonda999

article-0-197E7780000005DC-793_634x796.jpg

I'm just going to leave this vaguely aviation related picture here.. I am a United fan though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Zonda999 wrote: »
    article-0-197E7780000005DC-793_634x796.jpg

I'm just going to leave this vaguely aviation related picture here.. I am a United fan though!

Wouldn't get in that if you paid me.....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,168 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

The awkward moment when Etihad means United.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭BrakePad

558066_298135173650433_400038332_n.jpg

Anyone thoughts on the Clermont v Munster game tomorrow? I think Munster will be hammered but better not tell their fans that...:rolleyes:

BrakePad wrote: »

Anyone thoughts on the Clermont v Munster game tomorrow? I think Munster will be hammered but better not tell their fans that...:rolleyes:

Munster by 60 :cool:

When's the match? Might watch it if it's not on during the Leinster match

I would pay a great deal of money to be on this
    (3)leinster.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Munster will get slaughtered by all means. Leinster match will be a good one. Looking forward to it later today. I would love to be flying on that plane with the Leinster team to anywhere. The atmosphere would be brilliant

• Advertisement

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Munster will get slaughtered by all means. Leinster match will be a good one. Looking forward to it later today. I would love to be flying on that plane with the Leinster team to anywhere. The atmosphere would be brilliant

Yeah but it's weird
    Rob Penney seems to think they can win against Clermont but Joe is being wary of Biarritz.

Now by all means, Munster might be able to pull something off, giant killing is not new to Munster.

I think there was a thread about the Leinster jet here last year, there are more pics of it when it was revealed here:
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151101068356102.533723.223587946101&type=1

Was this livery part of their image campaign or is CityJet sponsoring them?

Penney will be up for a surprise today. I think the Leinster match will be like last night's match between Paris and Perpignan. Great match and it really kept me on the edge.

Was this livery part of their image campaign or is CityJet sponsoring them?

Penney will be up for a surprise today. I think the Leinster match will be like last night's match between Paris and Perpignan. Great match and it really kept me on the edge.

I think they said "Official airline of Leinster Rugby" they fly the team to their matches, the partnership started 2 or 3 years ago. They are the main sponsor of London Irish though aren't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

BrakePad wrote: »
    it's still in ground effect

If it was good enough for the Soviets It'll do

a284491-119-Global%20Aircraft%20--%20Lun%20Ekranoplan.jpg?d=1093247880

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    I think they said "Official airline of Leinster Rugby" they fly the team to their matches, the partnership started 2 or 3 years ago. They are the main sponsor of London Irish though aren't they?

To be honest, I haven't seen London Irish in action before but I've looked on their website and they haven't got any airline affiliated with them..? Maybe it was a match sponsorship you might have seen?

To be honest, I haven't seen London Irish in action before but I've looked on their website and they haven't got any airline affiliated with them..? Maybe it was a match sponsorship you might have seen?

It seems Powerday is the main sponsor of London Irish now, used to be Cityjet.

londonirish-080510.gif

I think Cityjet was the main sponsor until 2011.
    http://www.cityjet.com/news/cityjet-renews-london-irish-sponsorship.shtml
    http://www.powerday.co.uk/news/powerday-announced-as-new-principal-sponsor-of-london-irish-rugby-club

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Lustrum

I think Cityjet must be doing all the flying for them now. We got a call in baggage tracing during the week from Leinster rugby about a couple of bits they thought they left on a flight from the rabo match the previous weekend, so I can only assume all away games are chartered with cityjet now.

Anyhoo, great win today, the second half was almost embarrassing, and I even got a bit off sunburn at it!

Yeah, I got a bit bored in the last half. Sure we had a few tries and BOD scored one of them but I didn't find it keeping me on the edge in the last 40mins.. As expected Munster lost but in fairness they did put up a hell of a fight and did their best to keep the PD as small as possible.

Looks like it is CityJet doing their charter flights these days. Anybody know what airline is chartered for Munster team?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,716 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Yeah, I got a bit bored in the last half. Sure we had a few tries and BOD scored one of them but I didn't find it keeping me on the edge in the last 40mins.. As expected Munster lost but in fairness they did put up a hell of a fight and did their best to keep the PD as small as possible.

Looks like it is CityJet doing their charter flights these days. Anybody know what airline is chartered for Munster team?

Not sure, but I heard yesterday that Claremont had 25 charter flights booked for Dublin before their victory yesterday.

It's about the only good thing I can think of from the result, lots of hardware coming into visit.

• Advertisement

Ah but now we had that Isa Nacewa try in the second half with himself and Johnathan doing some brilliant passing before the try, along with BOD's try and the crowd chanting "One more year! One more year!" He was scarlet

It wasn't that bad of a second half. Quite emotional though, they will be missed.

Munster put up a really good fight, losing by 6 points to a team like Clermont was much more than expected of them. Yet another play off disappointment for the boys in red but at least Clermont broke their curse.

Advertisement