Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Taking an established bank to the circuit court.

• 13-09-2019 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Just wondering has anyone successfully sued a bank over the tracker mortgage robbery over the last 10 years?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Presumably after going through the bank's own redress process?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 KingPuck01

Wheety wrote: »
    Presumably after going through the bank's own redress process?

Yes after that. After the bank had deemed an account unaffected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Have you contacted Padraig Kissane who will advise you if you have a case or not.

KingPuck01 wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 16,460 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Can you prove otherwise?
    Without being able to prove you suffered a material loss, I fail to see your case progressing very far.

Assuming you have completed the Bank's internal resolution procedure, and then proceeded to the Financial Ombudsman and they've issued a finding supporting the Bank's stance.
    You will have to ensure that beyond any shadow of a doubt you incurred a loss IMO.

banie01 wrote: »
    Can you prove otherwise?
    Without being able to prove you suffered a material loss, I fail to see your case progressing very far.

Assuming you have completed the Bank's internal resolution procedure, and then proceeded to the Financial Ombudsman and they've issued a finding supporting the Bank's stance.
    You will have to ensure that beyond any shadow of a doubt you incurred a loss IMO.

Oh yes the case is open and shut. Clear and obvious loss incurred. Decided not to go down the ombudsmen route.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Oh yes the case is open and shut. Clear and obvious loss incurred. Decided not to go down the ombudsmen route.

If you go to the ombudsman you're limiting you court access. I think you can only go to the high court after the ombudsman.

McGaggs wrote: »
    If you go to the ombudsman you're limiting you court access. I think you can only go to the high court after the ombudsman.

Yeah . Just going to the circuit court myself. District court is limited on payouts

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

If the case was open and shut, the bank's legal eagles would have advised the bank to settle it in some way....

Did you get the open and shut opinion from a solicitor or what?

Jim2007 wrote: »
    If the case was open and shut, the bank's legal eagles would have advised the bank to settle it in some way....

Did you get the open and shut opinion from a solicitor or what?

I predict they will once the papers are lodged. No solicitor involved yet.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

I predict they will once the papers are lodged. No solicitor involved yet.

Good luck with that.

• Advertisement

Jim2007 wrote: »
    Good luck with that.

Thanks lad. Yeah, feeling good about it. Good enough to go fishing in a stocked lake.

Advertisement