Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you taking part in any LGBTQ events for pride month?

• 10-06-2019 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I saw the Gardai Today said they were taking part in Dublin pride later this month and they showed some cars they transformed for the event.
    Personally myself I'm not doing anything for the month. I know a few people who'll probably attend Dublin pride.
    I know the event is becoming more and more popular with families in the last few years. Mostly with people close to the events. Is there anybody here travelling with their family to LGBTQ events this year?
    Or is it something that you've to do in your work place?

62198472_10157046976943001_823002930339643392_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-2.fna&oh=a7f5ef1804e4371ad702907ff70d4847&oe=5D88C69E

Mod Note Keep homophobia out of this thread!

Are you taking part in any LGBTQ events for pride month? 251 votes

Yes
    92% 233 votes
    No
    7% 18 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I wasn't planning to, but if I''m around when a party happens, then sure why not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Nobody told the Corkonians there was a special month, they don't start until end of July :P

My workplace organises an annual Pride Parade float, as do others (other employers are available).

I think it's important to have an alternative national holiday, where we (straight, male and pale) are the guests of a minority, and not vice versa. It seems to be quite a healthy pursuit.

Leaving aside all that political stuff, which most participants seem not to care about, it's quite an impressive show. How anyone could begrudge such fun is really beyond my comprehension.

• Site Banned Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Balanadan

I'm dressing up as a woman to promote transgender equality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

Balanadan wrote: »
    I'm dressing up as a woman to promote transgender equality.
    Snide passive aggressive remarks like that aren't very masculine, so you're already halfway there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭KikiLaRue

Nope. Much love for the cause, hate big noisy drunken crowds. It’s up there with Paddy’s Day and NYE in terms of celebrations I’d pay good money not to be in Dublin for.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

Are you taking part in any LGBTQ events for pride month?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 20,853 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I usually do the 5km run in the Phoenix Park, good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,448 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

A whole month of cringe?

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭tintin67

A whole month of cringe?

Nope.

I presume certain businesses have seen that there's a lot of money to be made out of it. Can't see any other reason it would be extended to a whole month.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Balanadan

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    Snide passive aggressive remarks like that aren't very masculine, so you're already halfway there.

It wasn't snide or passive aggressive m8.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Yeah charity football tournament yesterday,although it's not exclusively LGBTQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

This deosnt apply to.me,so no im not

Hope.everyone participating has fun though

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Yeah charity football tournament yesterday,although it's not exclusively LGBTQ

There's also a gay rugby tournament being held in Ireland this week.

Six one did a nice feature on it yesterday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

no. and why does it have to be a month fgs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

How does it differ from a non gay one ? Or at least a match where people don't have to tell you about where they put their willy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

Balanadan wrote: »
    It wasn't snide or passive aggressive m8.
    Yes it was. You're not the tough, hard man you think you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Pride is usually a good excuse for a decent p*ss up but I wouldn't concern myself with doing anything else for it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I thought I read about it on the rte website a few days ago but I can't seem to find the article anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Any excuse to wear my assless chaps in public.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

I'm going to celebrate in the traditional manner by getting a gang of gobby teenage girls dressed like idiots and drunk on naggins then heading into town to screech obnoxiously before puking and crying all over Dame St.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,572 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Nope I'm not.

Hope anyone participating enjoys, but doesn't impact me so won't be doing anything

• Registered Users Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I thought I read about it on the rte website a few days ago but I can't seem to find the article anymore

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2019/0608/1054277-inclusive-rugby-tournament/

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I'm hoping to get the day off work to take the kids to the parade and we are going to an LGBTQ family day afterwards. I've always done something to mark it. We make a family day of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 mdk_kdm

Unfortunately I have a phobia of homosexuals so no.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I Am Sam wrote: »
    No. The whole thing seems ridiculous to me. Bunch of gay lads marching around shouting 'we're gay! Give us attention!'.

Glad you signed up just to tell us that.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

Why is this in AH ?

If someone posted a motors meetup in AH it would be moved to the proper forum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 mdk_kdm

Why is this in AH ?

If someone posted a motors meetup in AH it would be moved to the proper forum.

Because society has deemed you must be subjected to rainbow flags and reminded of BLTQ issues on a daily basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

mdk_kdm wrote: »
    Because society has deemed you must be subjected to rainbow flags and reminded of BLTQ issues on a daily basis.

Yep and it absolutely kills you doesn't it? You're sitting there hammering those keys, seething with impotent rage.

Class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,350 ✭✭✭corner of hells

mdk_kdm wrote: »

BLTQ .. bacon, lettuce, tomato on my Quarter Pounder ?

Advertisement