Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Waiting Room - 2020

• 09-03-2020 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

I thought I would set up this thread as a waiting room for those who have completed medical/pcts and now waiting for clearance and an offer. I know there used to be a group like this many moons ago.

Let us know when you completed everything and your latest update from AGS of where you’re at.

Good luck one and all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Tmac35

2018 campaign, pct, medical done late June & met sergeant/ super 1st week July last year, vetting still outstanding....

• Registered Users Posts: 31 SteW98

2018 campaign as well, PCT completed June 2019, Medical done September 2019, Met the local Sergeant and Super August 2019. But somehow my vetting is still outstanding..

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Harveli18

2018 also, medical done since June, met the sergeant and super long before then. Vetting still outstanding

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Dubmay2018

Thanks for setting up this thread cluedo123. I passed PCT last May and medical in early June. Met both sergeant and super last April and May as far as I remember. My vetting is still not finished. Last time I emailed them it was listed as 'active' and 'ongoing'. I really want this and the wait is a killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Whatyagonnnado

I feel for you guys ☝️. I've sworn if I ever to get to a significant enough level to affect change, the first thing I'd do is revise the recruitment process!
    2019 campaign for me. Physical, medical, sergeant and super all in Feb 2020 but I was delayed cos I had a nightmare of a GP in england who had an issue with the wording on the clearance form. Should really have had my physical early Jan. Have loads of vetting abroad:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ClaireMcGrath

2019 Campaign. PCT/Medical December '19. Sergeant & Super January '20. Vetting still outstanding ... I've been sending HRM a weekly email to ask for a status update of my application (annoying them seemed to work for my twin).

Been getting the usual 'vetting outstanding/ongoing' answer for three months, last Friday I sent the email as usual, got an answer back within an hour saying 'we will be in contact in due course' - I got my hopes up because that was the same response my twin got before she got an email to attending Induction ... then got an email an hour after that from another person telling me my vetting was outstanding :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Dubmay2018

I forgot to mention I'm from 2018 campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 lg.cardonha

I am from 2019 campaign. Had everything done on February 17th of 2020. I emailed HR yesterday and got the same reply as everyone did. "Your application is currently denoted as being “Active” and “Ongoing.” I think it says everything. Now all I can do is wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Stretch1432

Im from 2018 and i have everything done since september 2019 and vetting still outstanding .

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cluedo123

Great start up in this thread. Keep us updated with any interactions you may have from the office.

I’m 2019 campaign too, completed all my stuff in Jan 20.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Dylan1996

I’m from 2018 everything done since July. Hrm last reply application active and ongoing.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Stretch1432

cluedo123 wrote: »
    Great start up in this thread. Keep us updated with any interactions you may have from the office.

I’m 2019 campaign too, completed all my stuff in Jan 20.

It is good actually because i thought i was only one from 2018 who did not get into Templemore.
    Gives me a bit of hope .

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Soloca

Waiting patiently .

I know people have been waiting alot longer than myself but , so close but yet so far

Has there been any offers out lately does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Gerty123

I called HRM last week and was told I could be waiting up to 2 years for my vetting to go through. I met with the super last Saturday and was telling him the difficulty people were having with the vetting. He was shocked at the times people was being told to wait for the vetting to be complete. I'm not impressed with the system in place.

Gerty123 wrote: »
    I called HRM last week and was told I could be waiting up to 2 years for my vetting to go through. I met with the super last Saturday and was telling him the difficulty people were having with the vetting. He was shocked at the times people was being told to wait for the vetting to be complete. I'm not impressed with the system in place.

2 years?!! That's crazy! Have you a lot of family abroad or have you lived abroad?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Gerty123

Harveli18 wrote: »
    2 years?!! That's crazy! Have you a lot of family abroad or have you lived abroad?

I lived in Canada with my wife and kids for over 2 years. Between our relations there are 5 different countries to get vetting back from. 4 European countries and 3 relations in Canada. Can't see how that would take 2 years.

An Garda Síochána has today announced the phased introduction of the Garda Operating Model in each of its 19 Divisions during 2020, and the allocation of Superintendents to each of those Divisions.

The Garda Operating Model will see more front-line Gardaí, a stronger focus on community policing, and a wide-range of policing services delivered locally.

Between now and the end of 2021, there will be a net increase of approximately 600 Gardaí to bring Garda numbers up to 15,000. In addition, more than 800 Gardaí will be deployed to the front-line. 640 Gardaí have already been re-deployed to the front-line from administrative roles in the last few years.

Divisions will also increase in size, be operationally autonomous and be the key to policing delivery.

More information can be found on Garda.ie: tinyurl.com/tjzrxr6

cluedo123 wrote: »
    An Garda Síochána has today announced the phased introduction of the Garda Operating Model in each of its 19 Divisions during 2020, and the allocation of Superintendents to each of those Divisions.

The Garda Operating Model will see more front-line Gardaí, a stronger focus on community policing, and a wide-range of policing services delivered locally.

Between now and the end of 2021, there will be a net increase of approximately 600 Gardaí to bring Garda numbers up to 15,000. In addition, more than 800 Gardaí will be deployed to the front-line. 640 Gardaí have already been re-deployed to the front-line from administrative roles in the last few years.

Divisions will also increase in size, be operationally autonomous and be the key to policing delivery.

More information can be found on Garda.ie: tinyurl.com/tjzrxr6

Do you think there will be recruitment campaign this year?

Surely there’s probably more than 600 candidates at this stage waiting for entry or going through the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭banjoh_10

Is the May intake full? What intake is after May? Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

banjoh_10 wrote: »

I heard that the next one is July.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Whatyagonnnado

I seriously hope not! How would you fnd that out? Through someone at the college?
    banjoh_10 wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭banjoh_10

I seriously hope not! How would you fnd that out? Through someone at the college?

Not sure. I only passed medical today.

Chill guys - my twin is in the Garda College and they've been told they have to vacate their dorm rooms to make way for the April intake (first wave of the year always end up getting booted out of the dorms and put up in digs close to the college).

It looks like no offers were sent out last Friday. They generally send the invites/offers out on a Friday until closer to the date - then it's any day - I think the Induction week is the 20th or 27th of April - still plenty of time ;)

Bear in mind that my twin got told on a Wednesday that she was starting the following Monday - just keep calm and stay hopeful, we're all in the same boat ... in the meantime, just keep asking for an update on your application status :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Bangahead16

Any word from your sister if they are closing the college due to Corona virus

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SeanD123

I heard that the next one is July.

Where did you hear that? Cant seem to get any info lol

SeanD123 wrote: »
    Where did you hear that? Cant seem to get any info lol

A neighbour of mine is a Garda and they told me that they received an email with the dates of the next intakes so after the April/may one they said its July and then October

Any word from your sister if they are closing the college due to Corona virus

She snapped me earlier - they haven’t been told anything. The cleaners and other staff are asking the students if they know what’s going on, but no one seems to know. It’s technically governed by UL, so it’s likely that it’s going to close until after March 29th like all other colleges and universities.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SeanD123

A neighbour of mine is a Garda and they told me that they received an email with the dates of the next intakes so after the April/may one they said its July and then October

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Bangahead16

I say if they do close
    It will be hush hush and not in the media

Advertisement