Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Piercers and Tattoo Artists in Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

narco wrote:
    never mind :(

doin this thing that means i gotta shell out an extra €100 a week... doesnt exactly leave room for frivolous spending :(
    Eh? now I'm confused...

What are you disregarding?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

id been hoping to get that senseless is forever quote tattood on me, but im now paying rent on two houses until december, so cant really afford anything that isnt necessary :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 jokerboy

This has more then likely been asked before but i can't find it .. Where would a good tattooist be in dublin city centre ?

Any good or bad storys about places in dublin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Isadora

This question has been asked so often that you're lucky anybody is replying. The answer is all over this forum. Try using the search tool if you're having problems.

woooooooow.

gettin my neck tattoo done today, bit disappointed cos it has to be bigger than intended to give hte ink room to smudge a bit, but otherwise, lookin forward to it.

getting it done in celestial in stephens green, though as i was hanging around waiting for a mate to finish work, i popped into colourworks for the first time, with my sketch of my polar bear, and i have to say, i think today will be my last time in celestial ring, i found the guys at colourworks (was talking to darren), infinitely more approachable, friendly, helpful, and most of all, interested.

instead of getting it done in nz as originally planned, ive almost made my mind up that i want to get it done here, with darren, because he did actually come across as giving a shít as to how this piece would turn out, and how to make the most of it.

anyone got any ideas/opinions/comments on any of the above? on darren?

thanks,
    ni

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Easy_81

Hey peoples,

New to Ireland and Cork can you give me a heads up on what would be the best place in Cork for tattoos (of course I'm sure you will have your favourites and yes I could have gone through all the pages)?

Also not sure how the prices compare to other places? from Australia myself so not particularly sure what sort of money I should be paying??

Cheers..

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Isadora

narco wrote:
    woooooooow.

gettin my neck tattoo done today, bit disappointed cos it has to be bigger than intended to give hte ink room to smudge a bit, but otherwise, lookin forward to it.

getting it done in celestial in stephens green, though as i was hanging around waiting for a mate to finish work, i popped into colourworks for the first time, with my sketch of my polar bear, and i have to say, i think today will be my last time in celestial ring, i found the guys at colourworks (was talking to darren), infinitely more approachable, friendly, helpful, and most of all, interested.

instead of getting it done in nz as originally planned, ive almost made my mind up that i want to get it done here, with darren, because he did actually come across as giving a shít as to how this piece would turn out, and how to make the most of it.

anyone got any ideas/opinions/comments on any of the above? on darren?

thanks,
    ni
    Well how did it go? Don't keep us in suspense. BTW thumbs up for a few new studios.
    Body Graphix in Trimgate Lane, Navan
    Wildcat in the Supervalu Shopping Centre in Ashbourne
    Hell Funky in Marlboro St, Dublin
    and last but not least
    Angel in Shop Street Navan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Lena Ribena

Hey Easy 81!

I'd advise you to look round but having had mine done by a lovely Aussie fella (Adam) myself, I'd highly recommend Triple X Studio just up from Pennys. He did a fantastic job on a lower back piece for me in March and it still looks fab even after the wear and tear of summer!!
    Len:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Easy_81

Cheers Lena, will check it out!!!

Isadora wrote:
    Well how did it go? Don't keep us in suspense. BTW thumbs up for a few new studios.
    and last but not least

i will most definitely be going back to darren for anything else i want done, and recommending him for any one who asks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

Easy_81 wrote:
    Cheers Lena, will check it out!!!

If you want Adam to do it then you'll have to call in soon as I think he's leaving in the next couple of weeks but then again he has been saying that for a while though :) .

If he is gone though I wouldn't be too upset as Raul does some pretty special work too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bexy_ie

I got my first tattoo done in cork actually...think the palce was called tribal instinct/tribal ink....it was only a smallish cross (a wee version of the cross 2-Pac had done all over his back) - about 3 inches high - but it was detailed enough and the guy did a brilliant job! Would go back there if I was to get one done in cork again...
    Got my second one done abroad in Gran Canaria and it was perfect too! Guess I have been very lucky with mine...
    Planning on getting another tattoo soon...a smallish one on the inside of my left wrist but can't decide what yet....:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Berdien

Hi there!

I'm studying this semester in Galway (NUIG)(originally from Holland), and I want to get a tattoo done as a kind of permanent memory to this period. I want to get a shamrock somewhere around my ankle. Just nice and small, in colour.
    Any recommendations to where I should (or shouldn't) get it done here in Galway? To get in done in Galway would be great, but otherwise I wouldn't mind traveling to e.g. Cork. It'll be my first tattoo by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mushypeaz88

I got scaffold piercing in georges arcade yesterday by some crazy old lady who was obviously on something because she was twitching and shaking like mad! she was very unclear about aftercare,which she mumbled under her breath while she went through rolls of cotton wool tryin t soak up the blood,she must have hit a vein because it was bleeding the whole way home..today its really swollen and sore,and the bar she put in is way too small and cant take the swelling which causes more pain! im really REALLY scared about this!!
    i now have 11 piercings in my ears,and besides the two i did myself,the rest wer done in georges arcade! the man that works ther with the plug in his ear is brilliant,and normal lobe piercings done with the gun has always been fine! its cheap,so i recommend it,but DO NOT GO THER FOR SCAFFOLD AND DO NOT LET THE OLD SHAKY LADY TOUCH YOU!! she couldn mark the same pen-dot twice,and she was falling all over the place! even the ones i did myself didn hurt this much!!
    if anyone has any suggestions for me on how to look after my scaffold then please let me know!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

that is the reason you dont go to the arcade,EVER!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

As someone who would like to live in Dublin purely for the choice in great artists and piercers up there, it really depresses the hell out of me that people still choose to go to George's Arcade over places like Snakebite, Celestial Ring and Bodyshock. Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I'd say take out the scaffold you got in George's Arcade and get it redone somewhere proper once your ear has healed. It's probably not going to heal properly and will get infected. I got the top of my cartilage done there when I was 15(I was young and stupid) and it just got so bad I had to take it out. They did it with a gun ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Isadora wrote:
    and last but not least

Who's tattooing in navan these days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Gdublin

Isadora wrote:
    Try these

www.bodyshock.ie
    www.celestialring.com
    www.stigmata-tau.com
    www.tattooireland.com

Don't know if any of the others have websites but try the search engines.

Try and this:
    www.remistattoo.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Don't know if anyone knows about this place or if this should even be up but it's for people safety as much as anything, the parlour in Enniscorthy, iirc, Celtic Tattoo, they're good for tattoos but really not for piercings...
    mate of mine got her tongue done there and they butchered her, destroyed her web, it's actually gone, and didn't give her any aftercare advice, told her she could smoke eat and drink as normal straight after getting it done...

Similar thing happened in Metal Morphesis (sp), wouldn't trust either of them after things I've seen and heard of both

• Advertisement

Metal Morphosis have a terrible reputation, and their prices are pretty ridiculous compared to the prices in other (better) studios around Dublin.

So I learned, mate was gettin her tragus done and yer one, well first she used a tubed needle so it was needle followed by plastic tubing to make a big hole, so she was puttin the needle through and the needle went through but the tube slipped half way, and she told my mate she could open a new needle and go again, but would have to charge her double cuz she opened a second needle, or she could just try shove through with the other one, that was already in her ear, so since she was already in pain and wasn't up for forking out another 50 or whatever she went through with the tube, the poor girl's ear was in bits, as was she, and it got infected and didn't heal for months

:eek:

Yup, I seen it...and she wouldn't let me into the room with her, whereas in where I always go that has one of the best rep's goin they let me bring in someone, I've even been pierced with a mate gettin pierced opposite me! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 xStarx

Ok so hopefully Im going for a 3rd repierce on my navel next week. Any advice and which piercer would be the best to do it anybody know??

snakebite middle abbey street
    miss fantasia georges street direction
    or
    celestial ring stephens green or lower abbey street?

thats dub anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 xStarx

i have to recommend steve in snakebite. my experience with him is just absolutely the best i could ask for. really friendly guy, even with queues outside, he gives you all the time you need, full explanations of what's going to be done, what the risks are, what kinda aftercare you'll be expected to do. if he thinks that getting something done is a bad idea, he'll let you know, and even aftercare, ive been in to see him twice now since i got my nape done and he's looked at it, assessed it and told me what kinda care i need to be giving it at the stage that it's at.

honestly honestly can't recommend him enough.

I'll vouch for Steve too. They take good care of their customers and they won't rush you.

• Advertisement

I love steve! the wmount og time I#ve been in with my tongue, my tongute is itchy, but he s the best!

Advertisement