Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Strictly Come Dancing 2020

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I think it was a decent opener.
    Hopefully, they will dial down Covid explaining in future weeks.

Agree Bailey could be a dark horse.
    Maisie was too keen, but she's very young, so I'll give her a chance. If she's been working since 6, would she have had time for stage school?

Is ITT running this year? It's hard to see how it could achieve the usual level of fun.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Rfrip

God that was so good for the soul!

Delighted my beloved oti is paired with Bill Bailey! I love him!

Same sex pairing is very refreshing!

Already looking forward to next wks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Maisie’s character left with her mum years ago and she only returned two years ago so maybe she had time for the training.

ITT will be back. Divided between Rylan and Zoe again and supplemented by Gethin and Ian, especially on Rylan days.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I think Jamie could be a dark horse, he's one of those "can turn his hand to anything" type characters.
    He played a charity rugby game (similar to Soccer Aid) a few years back and was very very good, I can't recall if he said he'd ever played before that.

I enjoyed the lack of audience and their unenthusiastic "wooooo" for any bog standard lift!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Looking forward to catching up. A nice bit of sparkle and escapism from doom and gloom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

razorblunt wrote: »
    I think Jamie could be a dark horse, he's one of those "can turn his hand to anything" type characters.
    He played a charity rugby game (similar to Soccer Aid) a few years back and was very very good, I can't recall if he said he'd ever played before that.

I enjoyed the lack of audience and their unenthusiastic "wooooo" for any bog standard lift!

I read last year that he did study dance at college but that doesn’t mean much. I hope he does well for Karen’s sake. She’s transformed over the years. I’m so pleased for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

So good to have Strictly back. Some sparkle, glitz and dancing is just what’s need now. :):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

I miss Bruno.

Wish that had of used a temporary or weekly guest judges for the weeks Bruno is away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Well Jamie was better than I expected! Some nice footwork but he didn't extend his arms fully.

Loved Caroline’s AS.

• Advertisement

Loved Caroline’s AS.

Just hope she isn't crying every week

Happy4all wrote: »
    Just hope she isn't crying every week

That was my immediate thought...it’s gonna get old very very quickly...

Really enjoying the show...Can’t wait for oti and bill!

Masie absolutely smashed that. She's got some amount of talent as a dancer.

Jason seems like a dote. Usually the American contestants go out early but I hope he stays around for a while.

Masie absolutely smashed that. She's got some amount of talent as a dancer.

Jason seems like a dote. Usually the American contestants go out early but I hope he stays around for a while.

She was brilliant!!

What’s come over Craig? He’s almost human! Maisie stands out so far.

Suprised at the marks for Ranvir. I thought she started strong but her seemed to drop halfway through.

Dying to see Nicola and Katya now. I love Katyas choreo.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I loved the girls !! Katya is the ideal partner

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I loved the girls !! Katya is the ideal partner

It was such a joy!!!

I smiled all the way through Bill and Oti’s dance. :D Loved it.

I smiled all the way through Bill and Oti’s dance. :D Loved it.

Aw me too!! Loved it

The show is just so enjoyable and so badly needed!!

• Advertisement

I just love oti! She’s the sweetest

hrvy gnn wn t

Great Jive from Hrvy. Great first night don’t think there was a bad dance overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Great first night . Really enjoyed it
    Love Otis African influence

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭unichick

Rooting for Bill Bailey. He gave it his all.

I’d say the two at the top have stage school dance experience. They are amazingly good.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I'm so glad Strictly is back. I actually love the new set up with Claudia talking to the couple on their own without Karen and Janette hanging out of them.

Craig was in great form. I wonder was he told to bring it up a notch.

Really enjoyed all the dances, but Maisey was my favourite.

I just found out that there is no Halloween theme next Weekend.
    They felt it was too soon to add the additional pressure of a theme onto the celebs.
    At least the pro dance will be spookily themed

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Navy blue

I like the new socially distant format. I think it works better without Tess pawing all over the contestants when they’re wrecked and sweaty or the usual suspects trying to get their mugs in the frame when Claudia is interviewing the couple that have just danced. I have to say I miss Bruno though, the panel felt a little flat without him and having him via video link at the end didn’t really add much. I think they should have put in a replacement for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Navy blue wrote: »
    I like the new socially distant format. I think it works better without Tess pawing all over the contestants when they’re wrecked and sweaty or the usual suspects trying to get their mugs in the frame when Claudia is interviewing the couple that have just danced. I have to say I miss Bruno though, the panel felt a little flat without him and having him via video link at the end didn’t really add much. I think they should have put in a replacement for him.

Also we have the added benefit of Janette and Karen unable to constantly hog the camera in the background when the pros are being interviewed after their dances in the Clauditorium.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Navy blue wrote: »

If they could just turn down Tess's microphone when the judges are trying to give their critique, it would be a great help. The constant laughing and giggling is very distracting.

Advertisement